The RAIN has dried up

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Strange, I took my B525 for a drive.
Park right in front of tower it would not connect to, rebooted & still would not connect to said tower. @rain_mobile
Hi IceQB,

Thanks for the feedback

We are going to have to have our networks team have a look at this. Traditionally a hard reset will give you the ability to establish a new connection. We will get someone in touch with you shortly.

Regards,
rain_mobile

sand_man

Honorary Master
My experience has been mostly positive!!

2 accounts at different locations, 1 Rain 5g Pro @R999 and the other Rain 5G 30mbps deal @R699....

On both occasions I received the router and sim within 2 working days of placing the orders.

It's worth mentioning that in both instances, neither router is connecting to the closest available tower....

Last edited:

steve12687

Hi IceQB,

Thanks for the feedback

We are going to have to have our networks team have a look at this. Traditionally a hard reset will give you the ability to establish a new connection. We will get someone in touch with you shortly.

Regards,
rain_mobile
Hi, I am experiencing the same issue, I cannot connect to the tower closest to me and its causing extremely unstable speeds.

lpieterse12345

Yes, this Rain 5G is like a JHB thunderstorm. It's here and when you look again it's gone. I must say after strugling now for 2 weeks and then reading these comments I am extremely concerned. Same issues 1. Elevation (tower 600m away) Can not connect to the other tower the I can a actually see. The last time I spend this amount of time on the roof was trying to get a SABC signal. Shouting down and moving it ...............is it better? Well I give them a week then they can come and collect their new router. ( Your request (1770488) has been updated) (Your request (1785318) has been updated)

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi lpieterse12345,

Thanks for the feedback as well as the reference numbers.

We will get one of our team in touch with you with feedback as soon as we are able.

Regards,
rain_mobile

lpieterse12345

Hi

Please note that we will be sending a Field Service Agent the 30th at 09H30.

Thanks,

Wow, they must be very busy, but I will take the appointment. I need this sorted !

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
When is PE getting 5G @rain_mobile ? I mean seriously - why are we always LAST with everything.
Hi Fjorko,

Thanks for reaching out.

We unfortunately do not have that information at this stage. Please keep an eye on our website and our social media platforms as any updates that we may have, will be posted or shared there first.

Thanks again!

Regards,
rain_mobile

IceQB

Expert Member
Hi IceQB,

Thanks for the feedback

Regards,
rain_mobile
At least you reply here, lodged problem on 21/06/2020 & still awaiting feedback.
Meanwhile we keep going with sub 1Mbps speeds down & 5-10Mbps UP.
Shouldn't it be reversed?

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
At least you reply here, lodged problem on 21/06/2020 & still awaiting feedback.
Meanwhile we keep going with sub 1Mbps speeds down & 5-10Mbps UP.
Shouldn't it be reversed?
Hi IceQB,

We really do apologize for your experience thus far and thank you for reaching out.

Ideally, your download speeds should theoretically be higher than your upload however, when we start to look at the various factors that could effect speeds (congestion, cell capacity, terrain etc), its your download speeds are predominantly effected.

Have you been able to connect to another tower since?

Regards,
rain_mobile

IceQB

Expert Member
Hi IceQB,

We really do apologize for your experience thus far and thank you for reaching out.

Ideally, your download speeds should theoretically be higher than your upload however, when we start to look at the various factors that could effect speeds (congestion, cell capacity, terrain etc), its your download speeds are predominantly effected.

Have you been able to connect to another tower since?

Regards,
rain_mobile
No, haven't tried again. Will play around with it tomorrow & see what results I get.
Think ill pop it into a phone & test as well.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
No, haven't tried again. Will play around with it tomorrow & see what results I get.
Think ill pop it into a phone & test as well.
Hi IceQB,

Please try this (don't forget the APN) and let us know how it goes? This feedback will definitely help our team.

In the meantime I have requested for feedback on your query and will revert as soon as possible.

Regards,
rain_mobile

MV12

I have logged a query with rain on the 27th of June and I have still not received a reply. All I received was an email saying someone would be in contact within 24-48 hours. I require a sim swap as i lost my sim card. There is no way to contact them as their call centre is currently closed. The lack of communication is extremely difficult to deal with.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I have logged a query with rain on the 27th of June and I have still not received a reply. All I received was an email saying someone would be in contact within 24-48 hours. I require a sim swap as i lost my sim card. There is no way to contact them as their call centre is currently closed. The lack of communication is extremely difficult to deal with.
Hi, could you please PM me your email address linked to your account

ngoni615

This is just sad... Seeing rain go down this route. Rain used to be good but now...

Kaysway

Save yourself the stress, cancel that sim and get a new one?

koogs

So I discovered that there are now Rain resellers that will offer you a Rain SIM with 24hr Unlimited 4G access for R350 per month........ the official Rain package is R479 pm. There are a couple of these resellers on Facebook Marketplace and their prices range between R350 to R400 per month for what other subscribers pay direct to Rain R479 per month.

Guess that explains why I battle to get a steady 1mbps signal during the day at my residence and I am connecting to a tower 200m from me.

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
So I discovered that there are now Rain resellers that will offer you a Rain SIM with 24hr Unlimited 4G access for R350 per month........ the official Rain package is R479 pm. There are a couple of these resellers on Facebook Marketplace and their prices range between R350 to R400 per month for what other subscribers pay direct to Rain R479 per month.

Guess that explains why I battle to get a steady 1mbps signal during the day at my residence and I am connecting to a tower 200m from me.
Hi, we do NOT have resellers - these guys are scammers and we are trying to stop them as quickly as possible! - do not be fooled!

koogs

Hi, we do NOT have resellers - these guys are scammers and we are trying to stop them as quickly as possible! - do not be fooled!
Well there are many of them on Facebook Marketplace and the one guy sent me a pic of stacks of Rain SIMs that he had which he was selling for R350pm.

AvrgTechConsumer

Good day @rain_mobile @rain_networks,

I stay in Plakkie street in Toekomsrus Randfontein. I have noticed that my Internet connection with rain.co.za (Rain) is only going at 1 to 2 Mbps download and a crazy 50 to 60Mbps on upload and this is quite infuriating. At the time when I first started using rain in my home, I would reach speeds of 20 to 40 Mbps on download. At this moment in time that is not the case. I went and ran a speed test next to the Network Antenna Station near number 6 Plum Street. An found my speed test was receiving around 30 Mbps download and 30 to 50 Mbps upload. Rain's antenna is not far from my home (2/3 minute walk up the road) but it seems that the reception is very bad as though I am far out of range. The upload that I am getting is at the speed of 30Mbps. This leads me to believe that rain is throttling my service which was never indicated in my contract. My download speed is at a low of 2Mbps, and rain is insuring that they get more customers onto this Network and not maintain the network infrastructure. Therefore feeding their own pockets. Please help in FIXING THIS ASAP!! We are forced to work from home in this time of crisis and RAIN is not helping us. You expect us to pay 250 per month for this type of service. We know very well that the infrastructure accommodates high Upload delivery, why are you not providing the same for the Download Speed. COVID19 is here and working from home is a necessity for safety as well as survival. How are we expected to provide for our families. NOW GIVE US SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY WORKS.

Attachments