The RAIN has dried up

Assasin_Zer0

Also in the Reeds, and your story pretty much matches mine. It was off last night from 9pm till about 1am. Got signal again around 10am, and was great till 5pm, and then has been off and on again this evening.
Always seems to go really bad in the evenings.
Well according to them i'm the only one in this area with this issue . Go figure

Assasin_Zer0

Ive managed to get it anchored to the tower they have been recommending ,after quite a mission.
This is the one at the Primary School .

This is what im getting from that tower.
1587325012991.png

1587325079408.png

Assasin_Zer0

Have exactly the same issue - good signal, but slow, even with VPN. That tells me that there is congestion on the towers.
Well they are going to argue High and Low , That there is nothing wrong with the towers . Trust me i have been down that road a few times.

Assasin_Zer0

So This is what i get on my 4G at the moment , it say's no service and only 1bar , but i can still connect

1587363521255.png
1587363642481.png

And then 5G
1587363700305.png

1587363756901.png

BlueOne

Ive managed to get it anchored to the tower they have been recommending ,after quite a mission.
This is the one at the Primary School .

This is what im getting from that tower.
View attachment 825231

View attachment 825235
I connect to the Primary School as it is a few 100m away from my house. No need for an outside installation. Have a window facing the mast, and there are a few occasions where I have no signal, but it is usually as you say ... lots of bars but no data coming in.
I did complain just before the lockdown and was told others had complained and the outsourced tech company was looking in to it. I explained it seemed to get worse as the day went on and came right late evening, and they said that it is the common complaint. It then got ok for most of the lockdown, but has gotten up to its old tricks in the last week.

Last edited:

Assasin_Zer0

I connect to the Primary School as it is a few 100m away from my house. No need for an outside installation. Have a windows facing the mast, and there are a few occasions where I have no signal, but it is usually as you say ... lots of bars but no data coming in.
I did complain just before the lockdown and was told others had complained and the outsourced tech company was looking in to it. I explained it seemed to get worse as the day went on and came right late evening, and they said that it is the common complaint. It then got ok for most of the lockdown, but has gotten up to its old tricks in the last week.
But This is my argument to them , Something somewhere is wrong , And i don't believe that it is just elevation that is an issue, Sure that can contribute to some extent , but their whole argument is based on that fact.

But how does latching onto a tower almost 3km's away make sense ?
I mean i had to put up a massive fight to disconnect from it. it doesn't matter where i am in my yard , that would be the first tower that shows up.

But on that tower as you can see on my older posts speeds where a lot better , Maybe not stable , but much better ,
Now on the closer tower , Everything is worse ? this is 600m vs 2.5+Km's .

MEG101

Similar response from them, just simply told if you don't like it cancel & get a refund.
Really Pathetic!! They don't care about existing customers - If you don't like the service, just cancel. No effort in resolving the issues that is happening. But they still sell hundreds of 4G cards and 5G as well knowing the network is heavily congested. They should look after their customers and invest heavily in the network to upgrade the heavily congested sites.

Assasin_Zer0

Really Pathetic!! They don't care about existing customers - If you don't like the service, just cancel. No effort in resolving the issues that is happening. But they still sell hundreds of 4G cards and 5G as well knowing the network is heavily congested. They should look after their customers and invest heavily in the network to upgrade the heavily congested sites.
Quantity over Quality $$$$ :)

Assasin_Zer0

Now if i can get an app or something to give more details ,
Like what the Tower id's are etc. Like the huawei toolbox

cavedog

Honorary Master
Now if i can get an app or something to give more details ,
Like what the Tower id's are etc. Like the huawei toolbox
Yeah I might actually need to invest in the https://www.tp-link.com/za/home-networking/mifi/m7650/ M7650. It's expensive at R2999 but nice a CAT11 Mifi that supports all the LTE-A band combinations in SA might be worth it. Pity they don't have a CAT11 LTE router. :(

Ohh yeah and no tool to adjust and force specific bands might be an issue.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

Assasin_Zer0

Nate_za

It honestly seems like there is no in between with Rain you either get great service or nothing at all.

i have the same issues like you do with the 5G except my 5G light goes on and off. it remains off at times for a few mins then returns. They acknowledge that something is up with the tower one day then the next day they are not sure what they are going to do to fix it.

i also would like to try latch on to the next tower but i have no luck getting it done as it keeps latching on to the tower that is 2 blocks from me.
i wish there was competition with the 5G even if its more expensive than Rain just having something that works would be great.

Assasin_Zer0

1588181673965.png

My Current speed that they want me to be happy with I'm on 5G Premium at the moment ,
and they want me to downgrade to Standard 5G and pay R699 ?? WTF?

1588181518668.png