South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Or even head of some oversight committee in parliament.UDM, Rise, Good, PAC and Al-Whatever should be content with a deputy minister each
If a deployed cadre is competent, they are no longer a deployed cadre?She would be on the money if they deployed political people to those posts without a doubt.
If the DA wants to "control" the hiring process for the DG's then it may not be cadre deployment if they hire competent people who were the pick of the crop of those who applied.
It's never what it looks like when it's the DA doing it.It is.
If a deployed cadre is competent, they are no longer a deployed cadre?
Except it's not some secret meeting behind closed doors at the party's headquarters that decides who gets appointed. They will have to apply for those positions.It is.
A minister usually appoints their own DG, makes sense that they not be saddled with a potentially hostile appointment.
I know and I am fine with it, it's the hypocrisy I cannot stand.A minister usually appoints their own DG, makes sense that they not be saddled with a potentially hostile appointment.
COSATU is feeling what real democracy is when your side loses.
I'm not suggesting it's wrong to appoint based on certain fundamental principles of the party. Nothing wrong if done properly. Look at Tim Harris.Except it's not some secret meeting behind closed doors at the party's headquarters that decides who gets appointed. They will have to apply for those positions.
Even Ramaphosa's biggest praise-singer seems to think it's not unreasonable...
I think that is the better route for the minnows.Or even head of some oversight committee in parliament.
Nah, I think what most folks use the term cadre deployment for is when a person is just shuffled into a post or being a "yes man" or "party line" etc. If the person is competent and can actually do the job without corruption etc, then that's not really what I see as cadre. Cadre to me is non merit or merit abused.I know and I am fine with it, it's the hypocrisy I cannot stand.
It should be something that's embraced for accountability purposes, if Scopa is given to opposition parties, there's no reason why more committees aren't headed by opposition parties.I think that is the better route for the minnows.
Mmmm, can we now claim that political parties are into currency manipulation?This is from just dithering about.
View attachment 1730361
If the EFF gets anywhere near, the pain will be real...