The SA Politics Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
She would be on the money if they deployed political people to those posts without a doubt.
If the DA wants to "control" the hiring process for the DG's then it may not be cadre deployment if they hire competent people who were the pick of the crop of those who applied.
If a deployed cadre is competent, they are no longer a deployed cadre?
 
If a deployed cadre is competent, they are no longer a deployed cadre?

If they were the pick of the crop of people who applied for a position in terms of meeting the skills and education requirements, I'd say that they would skirt the definition of a deployed cadre.

Or at least would be an acceptable deployed cadre.
 
Well it's a good thing they posted it on Twitter because Mr Fokol doesn't read the documents he is given.
 
Except it's not some secret meeting behind closed doors at the party's headquarters that decides who gets appointed. They will have to apply for those positions.

Even Ramaphosa's biggest praise-singer seems to think it's not unreasonable...

I'm not suggesting it's wrong to appoint based on certain fundamental principles of the party. Nothing wrong if done properly. Look at Tim Harris.
 
I know and I am fine with it, it's the hypocrisy I cannot stand.
Nah, I think what most folks use the term cadre deployment for is when a person is just shuffled into a post or being a "yes man" or "party line" etc. If the person is competent and can actually do the job without corruption etc, then that's not really what I see as cadre. Cadre to me is non merit or merit abused.
 
I think that is the better route for the minnows.
It should be something that's embraced for accountability purposes, if Scopa is given to opposition parties, there's no reason why more committees aren't headed by opposition parties.

But our political parties have always treated all the positions as a chance to spread patronage.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X