The SA Politics Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
True.

They were acts of terrorism... Actively sabotaging gov institutions and bombing civilian places are terror attacks...

Although ANC/MK did try to minimize civilian casualties as much as they could.

Not as much international pressure, but because of democracy negotiations in the late 80s/early 90s.
Bombing Milky Lane, Wimpy and Post Office is not trying to minimise civilian casualties. In fact it's completely opposite.
 
Both are true.

ANC/MK did make attacks where civilians ended up dead, although they tried to avoid it most of the time and focus on infrastructure/gov points.

If Apartheid gov didn't try to crush the ANC when they were operating peacefully initially and opened fire on PAC protesters at Sharpeville which was the catalyst... MK would've never been formed. Other units like APLA probably as well. The armed struggle would've never taken place. And even when things got violent, the Apartheid gov used units like Vlakplaas to go the maximum and hunt down ANC okes in Lesotho, Swaziland, Moz, Botswana...
The windows at home rattled when Magoos exploded 10km away.
 
Last edited:
Both are true.

ANC/MK did make attacks where civilians ended up dead, although they tried to avoid it most of the time and focus on infrastructure/gov points.

If Apartheid gov didn't try to crush the ANC when they were operating peacefully initially and opened fire on PAC protesters at Sharpeville which was the catalyst... MK would've never been formed. Other units like APLA probably as well. The armed struggle would've never taken place. And even when things got violent, the Apartheid gov used units like Vlakplaas to go the maximum and hunt down ANC okes in Lesotho, Swaziland, Moz, Botswana...
Is that what they taught you in school?
 
That would be a lousy and pathetic deal, 5 posts out of 30?

Seems fair. They got 21% of the vote and get 22% of cabinet positions. It’s as reasonable as it can be.

So I guess 14% of the cabinet posts is going to MK and 9% to EFF? :rolleyes:

No, they aren't in the GNU.

Minimum of 5.

It should be minimum of ten

And the piece de resistance... (drumroll)

We're getting a clear case study that Maths is not SA's strong suit.


The calls are coming from inside the house....


 
Very likely, but as we've seen over the last week and a bit, semantics is where politics play and those semantics need to be stomped out in my opinion.
I wouldn't mind if people were hand-picked for a good purpose.


I don't think Tim Harris is doing too badly at all (I know he's not a DG).
 
1719244891710.png
From Gumede's LinkedIn (got it in my feed just now).

I agree with him but it probably won't be this cycle or in the near-future, but I do think somewhere in the far-future...
 
Bombing Milky Lane, Wimpy and Post Office is not trying to minimise civilian casualties. In fact it's completely opposite.
The windows at home rattled when Magoos exploded 10km away.
As I said, most of the time. Those instances you okes mentioned are some of the few instances when they went after non-Gov civilian targets.
 
I wouldn't mind if people were hand-picked for a good purpose.


I don't think Tim Harris is doing too badly at all (I know he's not a DG).
What it all boils down to is, "we'll deploy our cadres but we won't call it cadre deployment, and since we don't have a policy on it, no one can accuse us of cadre deployment".
 
View attachment 1730449
From Gumede's LinkedIn (got it in my feed just now).

I agree with him but it probably won't be this cycle or in the near-future, but I do think somewhere in the far-future...
But where will the President who will be above party politics come from? Not from the same party politics he is supposed to be above? And what would be his roleif he is not in charge of the executive?
 
Nope, not even the part about it being PAC protesters and not ANC...

It's called reading books... Look it up. Could even recommend some for you...
Didn't they storm the police station which is why the police started shooting as the station was about to get overrun?
 
What it all boils down to is, "we'll deploy our cadres but we won't call it cadre deployment, and since we don't have a policy on it, no one can accuse us of cadre deployment".
Then whatever they call it would not be right...

If they do an interview process and the person is the best candidate then by all means hire them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X