The Shroom Thread

SpliceGold

Thanks for sharing. Sorry for what you have been through. If I may offer some advise cause I have been there. You can reap incredible benefits if you combine it with some kind of therapy.

CBT is great but works better with a therapist. For solo work on emotional baggage I highly recommend Sedona Method or PSTEC. Both have free resources you can access online.

Work with these and your issues for a couple weeks and keep a journal. Return to the shrooms when you hit a wall. Good luck!
How did you find the free download for PSTEC? I really keen on giving it a bash but don't want to go straight out and buy it. I also had a rough childhood that I know has effected me very negativity. Since I was around 6yrs old all I wanted was to spontaneously com-bust (yeah I know, how the hell did a 6yr old even know that). Don't want to get into any details as I feel its a bit too hectic to put on a public forum.

I gave shrooms a bash. Was a great experience but to be honest I only noticed some of the good after effects only for about 3 days or so and I was basically back to square 1. I suffer with really bad PTSD and anger. I can identify with it but dealing with it is not as easy. During the trip and straight after I did feel much better about my life and it did help me see things from a completely different perspective.

I also tried micro dosing shrooms and did not notice any subtle changes even at a slightly increased dose. I only did it for a few days then skipped a few then tried again.

Jhercules

How did you find the free download for PSTEC? I really keen on giving it a bash but don't want to go straight out and buy it. I also had a rough childhood that I know has effected me very negativity. Since I was around 6yrs old all I wanted was to spontaneously com-bust (yeah I know, how the hell did a 6yr old even know that). Don't want to get into any details as I feel its a bit too hectic to put on a public forum.

I gave shrooms a bash. Was a great experience but to be honest I only noticed some of the good after effects only for about 3 days or so and I was basically back to square 1. I suffer with really bad PTSD and anger. I can identify with it but dealing with it is not as easy. During the trip and straight after I did feel much better about my life and it did help me see things from a completely different perspective.

I also tried micro dosing shrooms and did not notice any subtle changes even at a slightly increased dose. I only did it for a few days then skipped a few then tried again.
Start and explore here:

https://pstecaudiosource.org/free-resources

Guilty

Good Evening all, this is my current experience with Dr Green fingers, placed an order 25 June and haven't received anything. Ended up canceling as they taking ****. Haven't received refund just yet.
Update, my first experience with greenfingers is that they a legit business providing a service and like this type of business their are challenges. The first delivery took a while becuase the order was stolen by the courier and they had to investigate via video footage which took a while however as soon as this was discovered my order was resent and received within 3 days, I'm happy with wat I received and would recommend their service, patience is something we have to maintain ofcourse, they kept me updated throughout the process which isn't what we usually receive bt the customer service came thru.

Jings

Honorary Master
Update, my first experience with greenfingers is that they a legit business providing a service and like this type of business their are challenges. The first delivery took a while becuase the order was stolen by the courier and they had to investigate via video footage which took a while however as soon as this was discovered my order was resent and received within 3 days, I'm happy with wat I received and would recommend their service, patience is something we have to maintain ofcourse, they kept me updated throughout the process which isn't what we usually receive bt the customer service came thru.
Fortunately I'm in an area eligible for private deliver so no problem there. Only thing was they kept asking if I made payment after they collected at the ATM. Actually had to reset the pin and remind them to do it. Me thinks they're sampling too much of their merchandise, which is pretty good quality imo.

Which shrooms did you order?

Guilty

Fortunately I'm in an area eligible for private deliver so no problem there. Only thing was they kept asking if I made payment after they collected at the ATM. Actually had to reset the pin and remind them to do it. Me thinks they're sampling too much of their merchandise, which is pretty good quality imo.

Which shrooms did you order?
Golden teachers because of its reputation, I dnt need the strongest strain so I'm happy with this, it'll be my 6th time, I micro dosed before and had a few gram sessions but I'm going to be taking a 3g this time, been listening to Terrance so 5 will be next and then Il be committing to that. I'm in cpt so I'm sure Il always have to be patient with the delivery.

Jings

Honorary Master
Golden teachers because of its reputation, I dnt need the strongest strain so I'm happy with this, it'll be my 6th time, I micro dosed before and had a few gram sessions but I'm going to be taking a 3g this time, been listening to Terrance so 5 will be next and then Il be committing to that. I'm in cpt so I'm sure Il always have to be patient with the delivery.
Will you be posting your experience? It was my second trip. 2g Golden Teachers but it wasn't a pleasant trip after an argument with them in shroom world. Don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.

Guilty

I didn't have any problems with the payment just the stolen goods delay and yeah I will be Posting my experience good or not so good.

Jings

Honorary Master
I didn't have any problems with the payment just the stolen goods delay and yeah I will be Posting my experience good or not so good.
Sometimes parcels get confiscated as well.

Looking forward to reading about your experience.

Good Evening all, this is my current experience with Dr Green fingers, placed an order 25 June and haven't received anything. Ended up canceling as they taking ****. Haven't received refund just yet.
That's really weird, I've only had good experiences with Dr Green fingers. In Johannesburg or Pretoria they have a specific person who does deliveries, and they contact you personally which is nice. Better than having to rely on a courier at least.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
In your opinions, are shrooms best suited to ''controlled'' environments?

Example: At home, with trusted friends with little outside stimuli.

Have any of you ever taken shrooms in a public place, specifically a festival environment where you are out doors, there is music and a lot of people.

schuits

Expert Member
Looks like I might be going down the microdosing route myself to deal with some issues. Only this will be Huachuma (San Pedro), I'll post in the future if anything comes of this.
They also offer chunga sessions, but that's for later later.

silentc

I'm currently sitting with the opinion that shrooms will not be a good idea for me. No advice received in this thread will definitively change my mind, but I'm curious to hear others experiences on whether to actively pursue it further.

I take Lithium 2x daily and an SSRI 1x daily. I have seen reports that this combination would not be safe for use with shrooms. Is anyone else using either/both of these types of medicine and (micro)dosing?

I quite happily dose daily with weed, without any apparent negative side effects.

Awe
Here are some pics of Amazonians, I think they are Psilocybe aztecorum. Got em from doc green fingers
Unlikely because Psilocybe aztecorum is a wood-lover and wood-lovers are notoriously difficult to cultivate. When people refer to Amazonians, it's usually the Amazonian "strain" of psilocybe cubensis. The picture you posted look like the classic golden caps of cubes - that said I've never seen dried aztecorum.

There's very little difference between these magic mushroom "strains". It's very rare that you'll buy anything other than Psilocybe Cubensis and the only cubensis strain that is consistently considered stronger than the rest is Penis Envy and that's likely a result of the penis envy mutation which causes it to mature much more slowly than normal cubes. Strength is more based on genetics and growing conditions. Even from the same grow each mushroom's potency can vary. So Golden Teacher, Combodians, Amazonians, Puerto Ricans, B+, etc are all just psilocybe cubensis.

If anyone sells you mushrooms at different prices, I wouldn't necessarily expect the more expensive ones to really be that much stronger.

If you can get your hands on real psilocybe azurescens, psilocybe cyanescens or panaeolus cyanescens, then they will very definitely be stronger than cubes. Usually these species are foraged due to how difficult they are to cultivate, but the only one of these I've heard of being foraged in SA is panaeolus cyanescens. In South Africa we have our own psilocybe species called psilocybe natalensis which could potentially be foraged, but I don't know much about it.

I'm currently sitting with the opinion that shrooms will not be a good idea for me. No advice received in this thread will definitively change my mind, but I'm curious to hear others experiences on whether to actively pursue it further.

I take Lithium 2x daily and an SSRI 1x daily. I have seen reports that this combination would not be safe for use with shrooms. Is anyone else using either/both of these types of medicine and (micro)dosing?

I quite happily dose daily with weed, without any apparent negative side effects.
I see people saying there is a risk of Seratonin Syndrome when taking mushrooms on SSRIs but I've yet to actually see any accounts of it. I'm on SSRIs and what does happen is the effect is distinctly dulled to the point that I personally land up taking much higher doses for the same effects. I've never had any issues with SS in spite of this and I usually take at least 7g (if I take 2g I don't get anything but anxiety). My sister takes SSRIs and still trips at 2g so my dose requirements could just be down to my personal brain chemistry.

I would do more research on possible interactions with Lithium, however. See if you can find any experiences from people who have combined it with mushrooms. My personal non-medical opnion is that if you're only planning on microdosing (microdoses are usually around 0.1g) you're likely to have very little to worry about.

Last edited:
I see people saying there is a risk of Seratonin Syndrome when taking mushrooms on SSRIs but I've yet to actually see any accounts of it. I'm on SSRIs and what does happen is the effect is distinctly dulled to the point that I personally land up taking much higher doses for the same effects. I've never had any issues with SS in spite of this and I usually take at least 7g (if I take 2g I don't get anything but anxiety). My sister takes SSRIs and still trips at 2g so my dose requirements could just be down to my personal brain chemistry.

I would do more research on possible interactions with Lithium, however. See if you can find any experiences from people who have combined it with mushrooms. My personal non-medical opnion is that if you're only planning on microdosing (microdoses are usually around 0.1g) you're likely to have very little to worry about.
Yeah, the only issue I've read of with Seratonin Syndrome is when you take a MAOI and also SSRI's.
For example Chunga, a DMT blend, usually contains MAOI's and is not advised when you already take SSRI's.
But I've read no such thing about shrooms. Lithium, I don't know about.