The Shroom Thread

Eedubz

What is Lemon Tek?, I can google but at the office, don't want mushrooms popping up on my screen :p
Soaking the shrooms in lemon juice, then consuming hem. The lemon juice is meant to activate them and get them worming quicker once they're in your system. I've brewed a really nice shroom, rooibos and lemon juice tea on the stove, started kicking in within 15 minutes (on an empty stomach)

Go with 3-4g if you really want to have a proper first trip

delafrique

Do you know of anyone who has been arrested for shroom growing and private consumption at home?
Have (online) spore purchases ever lead to visits by the cops?

delafrique

Self-blinding microdose study

Imperial College in London and the Beckley Foundation are doing a self-blinding study of microdosing with hallucinogens, including psilocybin containing mushrooms. Paricipants throughout the world microdose with their own supply of halucinogens. By using an innovative self-blinding protocol the participants don't know when they take active microdoses and when they take placebos. A number of on-line tests and questionnaires are then evaluated against the microdosing schedule which is known to the researchers.
The aim of the study is to scientifically evaluate the effects of microdosing and using those results to motivate further research. Participating in this study is a great way to further the cause of responsible use of halucinogens and hopefully move a little further towards legalization.
Check it out at http://www.selfblinding-microdose.org

crocopede

Unfortunately the psychedelic community ignores a very important fact. No two batches are the same. In fact no two mushrooms are the same.

It suffers the same unhealthy mindset that plagues the alcohol world. More means im cool. And thus the myth of 5g = 5g was born.

When in fact a 1g dose can very easily contain more psilocybin than a 5g dose. Sadly no studies were done on this but there was a study done on mescaline. With conductive reasoning one can deduce the same will apply as it is up to the mushroom to decide how much psilo is generated.

Then one has to take anecdotal reports into account of 1g dose causing severe hallucinations + ego death. And then a 5g dose doing nothing except for mild euphoria.

As for lemon tek. The theory stands that the acidity starts converting psilocybin into psilocin. Psilocin is then readily available to enter, resulting in quicker kick in times.

You could argue this false as its your kidneys that do most of the conversations and not your stomach acid. So i dont know.

I was part of a scientific study that involved a neurologist, psychiatrist and a Psycologist to study the effects on someome with debilitating anxiety and panic disorders. The patient reported no more episodes for 8 months. They went from being incapable of walking into a public space, unable to drive a car etc. to perfectly functional. This was under a specificly constructed environment with a clear goal in mind.

delafrique

Unfortunately the psychedelic community ignores a very important fact. No two batches are the same. In fact no two mushrooms are the same.

It suffers the same unhealthy mindset that plagues the alcohol world. More means im cool. And thus the myth of 5g = 5g was born.

When in fact a 1g dose can very easily contain more psilocybin than a 5g dose. Sadly no studies were done on this but there was a study done on mescaline. With conductive reasoning one can deduce the same will apply as it is up to the mushroom to decide how much psilo is generated.

Then one has to take anecdotal reports into account of 1g dose causing severe hallucinations + ego death. And then a 5g dose doing nothing except for mild euphoria.

As for lemon tek. The theory stands that the acidity starts converting psilocybin into psilocin. Psilocin is then readily available to enter, resulting in quicker kick in times.

You could argue this false as its your kidneys that do most of the conversations and not your stomach acid. So i dont know.

I was part of a scientific study that involved a neurologist, psychiatrist and a Psycologist to study the effects on someome with debilitating anxiety and panic disorders. The patient reported no more episodes for 8 months. They went from being incapable of walking into a public space, unable to drive a car etc. to perfectly functional. This was under a specificly constructed environment with a clear goal in mind.
Hi Crocopede,

Could you please provide details of the anxiety and panic disorder study? Was it published? Journal article? I'd love to read more about it.

Last edited:

copacetic

King of the Hippies
If you were in Cape Town and wanted to take a noticeable dose of mushrooms and be with nature, where would you go?

homeboy

As a first timer which one can I start with:
puarto rican
golden teacher
mexicans
amizones
penis envy
golden teachers chocolate dipped
honey pot
psilocin
happy caps
3happy caps

List from green fingers:
How reliable are they?

saor

Honorary Master
If you were in Cape Town and wanted to take a noticeable dose of mushrooms and be with nature, where would you go?
Kirstenbosch gardens? Might be busy, but at least green and safe. Helderberg Mountain nature reserve in swest.

RoseQuartz

Hi. Thank you all for an informative thread. Does anyone know where I can get shrooms in Durban? I’m looking for a way to help with my depression and anxiety. I’ve tried everything. I would love to give shrooms a shot but finding a seller in Durban is damn near impossible.

delafrique

Hi. Thank you all for an informative thread. Does anyone know where I can get shrooms in Durban? I’m looking for a way to help with my depression and anxiety. I’ve tried everything. I would love to give shrooms a shot but finding a seller in Durban is damn near impossible.
You could try growing them... sprores can be bought legally on the net. There are suppliers in RSA. Just google a bit. That way you avoid dealing with criminals.

I know a guy who bought shrooms from a dealer in a club in Durban but I wouldn't risk a source like that. They could have been adulterated with anything.

Be careful. Start with low a dose and see how you react. If you have an underlying mental disorder shrooms are not advisable because of the risk of triggering psychosis.

MEIOT

Expert Member
If you have an underlying mental disorder shrooms are not advisable because of the risk of triggering psychosis.
Would Bipolar Disorder fall in to this category?
I mean - whats the worst that can possibly happen right?

Last edited:

delafrique

Would Bipolar Disorder fall in to this category?
I mean - whats the worst than possibly happen right?
Bipolar Disorder definitely.
General consensus is to stay away from hallucinogens, like shrooms and LSD, if you suffer from Bipolar Disorder.
It could trigger anxiety, (serious) mania or other psychosis and land you in hospital.

WorldWarII

how do you trigger that if you dont have any underlying mental disorder? I feel like getting silly.

delafrique

Most people seem to be fine with classic hallucinogens and there have been a lot of positive reports about relief from depression, helping with alcohol and nicotine addiction, improving creativity and problem solving skills.

There is however a small risk of triggering psychosis or anxiety, especially if there is a pre-existing mental disorder (not necessarily diagnosed) in the individual or his/her close relatives.
PHPD (persistent hallucinogenic perception disorder) can occur where the individual frequently re-lives hallucinations long after the hallucinogen was taken.
There is some speculation of damage to heart valves from long term use. (via serotonin 5HT2B receptor)
Common recommendations:
start with low doses
Do not take until adulthood (21)
Do not take if there is a mental disorder in the individual or close relative
Do not take for ever

WorldWarII

not gonna lie. Ive taken a lot of muhrooms and Im definitely not any crazier than I was before I took