The Shroom Thread

Awesum

Expert Member
Had a few strand of the envy in the kitchen my wife was micro-dosing with. Got home last night and found that the domestic had chucked them out and washed the tupperware for us.
:X3: :crying:
Time for a new domestic. Don't ignore the synchronicities.....

mister

Executive Member
Had a few strand of the envy in the kitchen my wife was micro-dosing with. Got home last night and found that the domestic had chucked them out and washed the tupperware for us.
:X3::crying:
I hope she did throw them away and didn't take them home!

ZenGarden

Has anyone been successful with growing shrooms and how have you gone about it? (ie. spore print, spore syringe)
Can it also be done with dried out shrooms?

Jhercules

So online supply seems to have disappeared. Would appreciate if somebody could point me in some direction. PM probably best. Thank you kindly.

krieg

Is King Kushie in the Western Cape? Their prices are a bit higher than what I pay but looking good enough to try if they're local.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
I was very hesitant to write this post, but here goes…

So some people know me or have seen me posting on the weed thread. I started smoking weed about 3 years ago and have been going strong ever since. After about 6 months of smoking weed I decided to try shrooms for the first time, I did post about my experience here somewhere, but short of it, it was terrible and I promised myself to never ever try shrooms again.

About 2years passed and I decided to start micro dosing on shrooms as I have heard from multiple sources it helps with depression and mood.

I gradually increased my dose until I was no longer microdosing as I was consuming 2 ~ 3g a shot. While taking that amount it was nothing like the first time I took shrooms. It was a very pleasant feeling as I always took a few bong hits or cannabis edibles beforehand. But again this was nothing like the first time, basically all it does is make you super stoned, colours are much more vivid, music flows more beautifully and you just have a general feeling of well-being the next day.

So about a month back and my “micordosing caps” are finished. So I decide to buy a “mind bender” which is 2.5g of four different shroom strains. It worked the same as the Mirodosing caps and a very nice and pleasant experience combined with the weed

Two weekends back I wanted to buy another mind bender, but stock finished so I went for a 2.5g Golden teacher, which is the same as in the “Microdosing caps”.

As always I take my edibles about 1 hour before the shrooms. When taking the shrooms I take a few bong hits as per usual and I go lie on my bed. Normally the shrooms will start kicking in after about 30min, But you only really feel them after about an hour. Well this time I knew I was in trouble as I was feeling it in like 10 minutes, and not just feeling it…I was FEEeeeEElling it. Within 20min I was hallucinating like a mofo, everyones faces on TV was distorted and ugly. Last time this happed was the very first time, but also not to this extend. I talked myself down as I’m quite good at doing so, Im also have an extremely high THC tolerance and have been super stoned in my life many many times so I know how to handle strange new experiences. About 40min in I switched movies as the music was to dark and it was really freaking me out.

Lego movie 2 was also not working for me as the colours and everything was just too distorted, I remembered my first time I went to sit outside to calm down. Again it was not as easy this time as everything outside was crooked. I went to sit in the corner of the garden where I usually sit when having a smoke. But I kid you not this was like a scene from a horror movie, The trees looked evil, the table looked evil and it again was freaking me out, It amazing to thing a mushroom can let your mind change shapes of things. At this stage I was not stoned at all and the shrooms was hitting hard, I though let me go smoke some more herb, maybe it will calm me down. (It did not). Instead of getting stoned, I got proper fcked.

Strangely after about 2 hours in I reached a stage of pure bliss, I remember telling myself this is the best feeling in the world, It was like floating on a cloud….That all started changing with a snap of your fingers, the bliss started turning into uncontrollable fear, My whole body was on fire so I took a cold shower, probably 30 seconds into my shower the extreme heat turned into extreme cold, I don’t think I have ever experienced being that cold. I had to constantly switch between full blown winter clothes, to almost naked. At one stage I made myself puke to try and get out of this mess.

After hour 3 I started losing my perception of time, As I knew I was supposed to start coming down after 3 hours, I was very weary of what the time was, But it was as if time was not moving at all and that I was stuck in a time loop. But there are constant waves of heat hitting your mind. Your brain feels like its on fire and you cannot focus on anything anymore. You cannot close your eyes as you see things, sometimes terrible things, strange things. And its vivid…I clearly remember telling myself there is absolutely no way I’m smart enough to create things like this with my mind :p

Between hours 2.5 and 3.5, Life started making sense. I remember feeling like a bi-dimensional God, and let me not say me, let me rather say we, as at that moment I realised we are all 1 being. My brain was talking to me like in a 3rd person, as If we were not one, but 1…(strange to explain, I know)

I remember me telling myself we are all linked to the same “being” as we are all the part of the same. Like fingers on your hand, all different but part of the same being. And what we see is like a hologram, not constructed by our minds but rather the greater being we are part off, when we die or when one is born, the “soul” comes from the greater being. Almost like a terminal PC (for those who knows what that is). I also remember my mind telling myself this is difficult to understand and comprehend. And I know it sounds silly now, and the strange thing is my mind told myself it is going to feel silly tomorrow, But I clearly remember my mind never being as open as it was on that stage and seeing everything as it really is. I remember my mind telling me if there is 1 single thing I can take from this experience is, that our minds are much more deep, complex and powerful than it will ever let us realise. Another thing my mind told me was to stop smoking weed. (And I have not smoked weed since that evening). I am not sure if this is what other would refer to as a “spiritual” experience. Or this is what people talk about when they say they have “awakened”..lol

After about 6 hours I was almost back to normal. But your mind feels like it took a severe beating after wards.

The following day there were a few flashbacks. When trying to read something I would get the occasional “mind heat wave” and I would lose all focus.

Now today, 2 weeks later I’m really feeling good, like better than I have felt in years. Microdosing does not really help for depression, but taking a proper dose sure does. I have not smoked weed in 2 weeks, my sense of smell is better than ever, and I see things in more detail and I just honestly feel rebooted.

I still do not understand why the shrooms hit me as hard as it did As Im used to that dose, But I’m glad I did trip as hard as I did.

What I can add is that you can be the biggest stoner under this or any other sun, NOTHING can compare you for a proper shroom trip. And I would also not recommend taking weed with shrooms, unless it’s like 1g. I know people say you should not take shrooms if your mind is not in the correct place, and they are probably correct in saying that. But I also read there is no such thing as a “bad” trip and only a “difficult” or a “necessary” trip. But still I would not recommend this unless you have someone sober with you. And you have done lots and lots and lots of research. Believe me its not for the faint of heart. It was the single most fearful experience I have ever gone through.

So ja, there is my story :p

(Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, I’m not reading through all that ..:p

Polymathic

Honorary Master

So some people know me or have seen me posting on the weed thread. I started smoking weed about 3 years ago and have been going strong ever since. After about 6 months of smoking weed I decided to try shrooms for the first time, I did post about my experience here somewhere, but short of it, it was terrible and I promised myself to never ever try shrooms again.

About 2years passed and I decided to start micro dosing on shrooms as I have heard from multiple sources it helps with depression and mood.

I gradually increased my dose until I was no longer microdosing as I was consuming 2 ~ 3g a shot. While taking that amount it was nothing like the first time I took shrooms. It was a very pleasant feeling as I always took a few bong hits or cannabis edibles beforehand. But again this was nothing like the first time, basically all it does is make you super stoned, colours are much more vivid, music flows more beautifully and you just have a general feeling of well-being the next day.

So about a month back and my “micordosing caps” are finished. So I decide to buy a “mind bender” which is 2.5g of four different shroom strains. It worked the same as the Mirodosing caps and a very nice and pleasant experience combined with the weed

Two weekends back I wanted to buy another mind bender, but stock finished so I went for a 2.5g Golden teacher, which is the same as in the “Microdosing caps”.

As always I take my edibles about 1 hour before the shrooms. When taking the shrooms I take a few bong hits as per usual and I go lie on my bed. Normally the shrooms will start kicking in after about 30min, But you only really feel them after about an hour. Well this time I knew I was in trouble as I was feeling it in like 10 minutes, and not just feeling it…I was FEEeeeEElling it. Within 20min I was hallucinating like a mofo, everyones faces on TV was distorted and ugly. Last time this happed was the very first time, but also not to this extend. I talked myself down as I’m quite good at doing so, Im also have an extremely high THC tolerance and have been super stoned in my life many many times so I know how to handle strange new experiences. About 40min in I switched movies as the music was to dark and it was really freaking me out.

Lego movie 2 was also not working for me as the colours and everything was just too distorted, I remembered my first time I went to sit outside to calm down. Again it was not as easy this time as everything outside was crooked. I went to sit in the corner of the garden where I usually sit when having a smoke. But I kid you not this was like a scene from a horror movie, The trees looked evil, the table looked evil and it again was freaking me out, It amazing to thing a mushroom can let your mind change shapes of things. At this stage I was not stoned at all and the shrooms was hitting hard, I though let me go smoke some more herb, maybe it will calm me down. (It did not). Instead of getting stoned, I got proper fcked.

Strangely after about 2 hours in I reached a stage of pure bliss, I remember telling myself this is the best feeling in the world, It was like floating on a cloud….That all started changing with a snap of your fingers, the bliss started turning into uncontrollable fear, My whole body was on fire so I took a cold shower, probably 30 seconds into my shower the extreme heat turned into extreme cold, I don’t think I have ever experienced being that cold. I had to constantly switch between full blown winter clothes, to almost naked. At one stage I made myself puke to try and get out of this mess.

After hour 3 I started losing my perception of time, As I knew I was supposed to start coming down after 3 hours, I was very weary of what the time was, But it was as if time was not moving at all and that I was stuck in a time loop. But there are constant waves of heat hitting your mind. Your brain feels like its on fire and you cannot focus on anything anymore. You cannot close your eyes as you see things, sometimes terrible things, strange things. And its vivid…I clearly remember telling myself there is absolutely no way I’m smart enough to create things like this with my mind :p

Between hours 2.5 and 3.5, Life started making sense. I remember feeling like a bi-dimensional God, and let me not say me, let me rather say we, as at that moment I realised we are all 1 being. My brain was talking to me like in a 3rd person, as If we were not one, but 1…(strange to explain, I know)

I remember me telling myself we are all linked to the same “being” as we are all the part of the same. Like fingers on your hand, all different but part of the same being. And what we see is like a hologram, not constructed by our minds but rather the greater being we are part off, when we die or when one is born, the “soul” comes from the greater being. Almost like a terminal PC (for those who knows what that is). I also remember my mind telling myself this is difficult to understand and comprehend. And I know it sounds silly now, and the strange thing is my mind told myself it is going to feel silly tomorrow, But I clearly remember my mind never being as open as it was on that stage and seeing everything as it really is. I remember my mind telling me if there is 1 single thing I can take from this experience is, that our minds are much more deep, complex and powerful than it will ever let us realise. Another thing my mind told me was to stop smoking weed. (And I have not smoked weed since that evening). I am not sure if this is what other would refer to as a “spiritual” experience. Or this is what people talk about when they say they have “awakened”..lol

After about 6 hours I was almost back to normal. But your mind feels like it took a severe beating after wards.

The following day there were a few flashbacks. When trying to read something I would get the occasional “mind heat wave” and I would lose all focus.

Now today, 2 weeks later I’m really feeling good, like better than I have felt in years. Microdosing does not really help for depression, but taking a proper dose sure does. I have not smoked weed in 2 weeks, my sense of smell is better than ever, and I see things in more detail and I just honestly feel rebooted.

I still do not understand why the shrooms hit me as hard as it did As Im used to that dose, But I’m glad I did trip as hard as I did.

What I can add is that you can be the biggest stoner under this or any other sun, NOTHING can compare you for a proper shroom trip. And I would also not recommend taking weed with shrooms, unless it’s like 1g. I know people say you should not take shrooms if your mind is not in the correct place, and they are probably correct in saying that. But I also read there is no such thing as a “bad” trip and only a “difficult” or a “necessary” trip. But still I would not recommend this unless you have someone sober with you. And you have done lots and lots and lots of research. Believe me its not for the faint of heart. It was the single most fearful experience I have ever gone through.

So ja, there is my story :p

Sounds like you were using weed as a crutch.

Jhercules

After hour 3 I started losing my perception of time, As I knew I was supposed to start coming down after 3 hours, I was very weary of what the time was, But it was as if time was not moving at all and that I was stuck in a time loop. But there are constant waves of heat hitting your mind. Your brain feels like its on fire and you cannot focus on anything anymore. You cannot close your eyes as you see things, sometimes terrible things, strange things. And its vivid…I clearly remember telling myself there is absolutely no way I’m smart enough to create things like this with my mind

So ja, there is my story

Thanks a lot for sharing. It sounds like we are very similar in our experience. I haven't tripped in a long time and scared shitless of the possible anxiety. Planning to in the next week or two.

Can I ask if you think the mindbender shots are really shrooms or some artificial psychedelic?

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Thanks a lot for sharing. It sounds like we are very similar in our experience. I haven't tripped in a long time and scared shitless of the possible anxiety. Planning to in the next week or two.

Can I ask if you think the mindbender shots are really shrooms or some artificial psychedelic?
Ja its a difficult choice and i'm in the same boat. On the one hand I never want to experience that feeling again. You feel absolutely powerless and those 6 hours feels like 48 hours. But on the other hand its 6 hours off hell but the after effects are so worth it. its 2 weeks now and all my senses are still highlighted. i don't know if its the weed, the 15 years depression im suffering from or all the different ani-depressants i have used, But i have this constant brain fog and I struggle to focus on things. i doubt its the weed as this has come before the weed, but the weed definitely did not help the cause. After that shroom experience my brain fog is gone. I can think clearly and focus on different tasks. I have gotten more stuff done this past 2 weeks than the past 2 months.
Its the first time in years i notice smells, but like really notice it and appreciate it. You feel textures again. or let me rather say you actually notice them. Even when eating, you notice the texture of the food in your mouth, and you appreciate it more, You notice trees and the wind blowing through them. Yesterday I watched a bird sing for like half an hour and you just have this overall feeling of life is good,...its hard to explain, I cant help but wonder if this is what people without depression feels every day...its wonderful and beautiful.
i still cant get it over my heart to recommend it to other people, in all honesty i'm sure 9 out of 10 people would have called the emergency services if they tripped as hard as I did, especially if you don't know what to expect or you don't have an open mind, and of course did not do proper research beforehand. But i have a new respect for shrooms.

Regarding your question about the mind-benders, well I have seen different mind-benders from different sellers. The one i took was a chocolate ball, The others I saw this week from a different seller looks like a brownie. So who really knows..But I doubt it, i think they just grind the shrooms very fine. The mind-benders are in any-case very underwhelming compared to the golden teacher. That Golden Teacher was probably 10 times more potent. Then again, i could have taken an underwhelming mind-bender or a very powerful golden teacher, I simply don't know :).

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Sounds like you were using weed as a crutch.
Im a daily smoker, Or was :p. Weed has been a crutch for me yes, I have an extremely stressful job and I don't know how to deal with stress, When i stress I also cant sleep, I will fall asleep at 2am and my alarm goes of 4:30. When i started smoking weed I could get a decent nights sleep again. And it takes the edge of stress, all your worries disappears for those few hours. Nothing relaxes you quite like weed.
On the down side weed worsens depression, it eliminates stress but increases depression, it also has a definite bad effect on your long and short term memory. You can easily sleep 8 hours, but when you wake up it feels like you have not slept at all. (You also don't dream if you smoked weed)
I do miss it, This week has again been very very stressful, i'm also not sleeping again...... But im so scared if i smoke weed again this wonder feeling the shrooms has provided me might disappear.
Ooo, and everyone who thinks weed is not addictive, try being a daily smoker and stopping cold turkey and see what happens...

Last edited:

Awesum

Expert Member
Im a daily smoker, Or was :p. Weed has been a crutch for me yes, I have an extremely stressful job and I don't know how to deal with stress, When i stress I also cant sleep, I will fall asleep at 2am and my alarm goes of 4:30. When i started smoking weed I could get a decent nights sleep again. And it takes the edge of stress, all your worries disappears for those few hours. Nothing relaxes you quite like weed.
On the down side weed worsens depression, it eliminates stress but increases depression, it also has a definite bad effect on your long and short term memory. You can easily sleep 8 hours, but when you wake up it feels like you have not slept at all. (You also don't dream if you smoked weed)
I do miss it, This week has again been very very stressful, i'm also not sleeping again...... But im so scared if i smoke weed again this wonder feeling the shrooms has provided me might disappear.
Ooo, and everyone who thinks weed is not addictive, try being a daily smoker and stopping cold turkey and see what happens...
You should try meditation to help with the stress and lack of sleep. It works.

ReflexOfPanda

Anyone able to PM me a link to a supplier for shrooms? Long weekend coming up, and we are looking to go in to the mountains for a trip. One post wonder, yeah, I know. But old dealer gave me impure acid (no purple from the ehrlich), and I'm not supporting that business practice. Cheers if you can help!