The ZAR Exchange Rate Thread

rietrot

Executive Member
Does anyone believe inflation has dropped in the slightest? Anyone magically find it easier to buy groceries and pay bills these days?

StatsSA busy jumping the shark imo, usually they tend to keep their lies somewhat believable ... seems no more
Lol I called it few post up.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Does anyone believe inflation has dropped in the slightest? Anyone magically find it easier to buy groceries and pay bills these days?

StatsSA busy jumping the shark imo, usually they tend to keep their lies somewhat believable ... seems no more
Prices still increased, just by less than expected.

Think of it as acceleration vs. actual velocity.

Visser

Expert Member
I paid R13.75 for a 2l Coke in January 2018 at my local Spar. That same 2l Coke is R19.98 today at the same Spar. So, if inflation came down, I am not sure what I am missing.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
That means prices still went up 4.9% compared to the same time last year.
Of course, but seeing as price inflation is a measure of how much things are increasing, it is still a drop in price inflation.

A drop in price inflation theoretically means salary increases and what not have a snowball's chance in hell to catch up and therefor make products more affordable as your income might be growing faster than the prices of goods.

wizardofid

Expert Member
I paid R13.75 for a 2l Coke in January 2018 at my local Spar. That same 2l Coke is R19.98 today at the same Spar. So, if inflation came down, I am not sure what I am missing.
The rand nor the inflation is directly linked to the price of coke, rand price might show some transport costs increase as the petrol increases.But current coke prices is related to the sugar tax....

Temujin

Expert Member
It's gone up about R3 per 2 litre in Centurion.
Round corner from me, been averaging R13 or so(sometimes special R12 etc, sometimes closer to R14) so been sticking to that over coke... suddenly today I walked in to do some shopping, R17, overnight basically