Things that irritate you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frikken postal service.

This is the second time in a week that an item is reported by Track and Trace to be at the office ready for collection when in actual fact the staff are unable to find it.
 
Courier IT taking 4 working days to get my parcel to me when it was suppose to come by Tuesday, ordered through Raru.

Problem seems to be always on the courier side as it took the whole weekend before it even left Cape Town and only got to Durban at 12 pm on Wednesday.
 
Got rejected by a second crypto currency site. Fu.ck.

Anybody know of one that isn't fussy about proof of address / identity and still allows you to push sizable $$$ through it?
 
[-]50[/-] [-]51[/-] [-]52[/-] 53 consecutive articles about a vw polo.
 
Last edited:
Cops jump to conclusions without listening

Friend (Mrs X) of my customer (Mrs Y) (who I have supplied and fixed computers) brings me her friend's 12 year old Dell low-profile desktop that will not start. I ascertain there is an unfixable motherboard problem, but I can read the hard drive. It is a 250Gb unit and has about 190Gb of stuff (pictures, documents, photos, music) on it

I tell her machine is stuffed, but data is there

She then brings me a 2009 vintage laptop with a 95Gb drive in it, 10Gb free, ie insufficient space

I tell her best bet is I put her desktop drive in an enclosure and she will be able to read the data using a USB connection. I do this and it works 100%

Mrs Y comes and collects goods from me

A week later, Police are banging hard on the door at 7.30 in the morning
"Mrs X states you have stolen a part out her computer, we must search your house" No warrant, they say it not necessary and barge past me
3 cops pile in and start scratching in my living room. They won't tell me what they are looking for, I must stay out the way
After 5 mins of this, I suggest to chief cop (he could actually speak English) to tell me what this is about
Mrs X told them I had stolen the hard disk out her HP machine, since she took it to a store who told her there is no HDD in there
I explain to cop that I put the HDD in an external case which I returned to her via her friend. They demand proof, or I am big trouble they say
So I phone this customer who collected the machines and say they are investigating Mrs X stolen HDD. Cop grabs phone from me and starts getting heavy with Mrs Y
Mrs Y rapidly figures what is going on and proceeds to lambast cop on the phone, telling him he is an idiot

I ask cop why they did not first ascertain that Mrs X was mistaken with her allegation, instead of wasting all this time and effort and damaging my front gate

They walk off and drive away

I complain to Mrs X, telling her she has caused a lot of time-wasting, the cops and me. She still maintains the HDD is missing. I ask her what she thinks is showing the pictures and documents from the external USB case and she bangs down the phone
 
Last edited:
Friend (Mrs X) of my customer (Mrs Y) (who I have supplied and fixed computers) brings me her friend's 12 year old Dell low-profile desktop that will not start. I ascertain there is an unfixable motherboard problem, but I can read the hard drive. It is a 250Gb unit and has about 190Gb of stuff (pictures, documents, photos, music) on it

I tell her machine is stuffed, but data is there

She then brings me a 2009 vintage laptop with a 95Gb drive in it, 10Gb free, ie insufficient space

I tell her best bet is I put her desktop drive in an enclosure and she will be able to read the data using a USB connection. I do this and it works 100%

Mrs Y comes and collects goods from me

A week later, Police are banging hard on the door at 7.30 in the morning
"Mrs X states you have stolen a part out her computer, we must search your house" No warrant, they say it not necessary and barge past me
3 cops pile in and start scratching in my living room. They won't tell me what they are looking for, I must stay out the way
After 5 mins of this, I suggest to chief cop (he could actually speak English) to tell me what this is about
Mrs X told them I had stolen the hard disk out her HP machine, since she took it to a store who told her there is no HDD in there
I explain to cop that I put the HDD in an external case which I returned to her via her friend. They demand proof, or I am big trouble they say
So I phone this customer who collected the machines and say they are investigating Mrs X stolen HDD. Cop grabs phone from me and starts getting heavy with Mrs Y
Mrs Y rapidly figures what is going on and proceeds to lambast cop on the phone, telling him he is an idiot

I ask cop why they did not first ascertain that Mrs X was mistaken with her allegation, instead of wasting all this time and effort and damaging my front gate

They walk off and drive away

I complain to Mrs X, telling her she has caused a lot of time-wasting, the cops and me. She still maintains the HDD is missing. I ask her what she thinks is showing the pictures and documents from the external USB case and she bangs down the phone

oh boy
 
Friend (Mrs X) of my customer (Mrs Y) (who I have supplied and fixed computers) brings me her friend's 12 year old Dell low-profile desktop that will not start. I ascertain there is an unfixable motherboard problem, but I can read the hard drive. It is a 250Gb unit and has about 190Gb of stuff (pictures, documents, photos, music) on it

I tell her machine is stuffed, but data is there

She then brings me a 2009 vintage laptop with a 95Gb drive in it, 10Gb free, ie insufficient space

I tell her best bet is I put her desktop drive in an enclosure and she will be able to read the data using a USB connection. I do this and it works 100%

Mrs Y comes and collects goods from me

A week later, Police are banging hard on the door at 7.30 in the morning
"Mrs X states you have stolen a part out her computer, we must search your house" No warrant, they say it not necessary and barge past me
3 cops pile in and start scratching in my living room. They won't tell me what they are looking for, I must stay out the way
After 5 mins of this, I suggest to chief cop (he could actually speak English) to tell me what this is about
Mrs X told them I had stolen the hard disk out her HP machine, since she took it to a store who told her there is no HDD in there
I explain to cop that I put the HDD in an external case which I returned to her via her friend. They demand proof, or I am big trouble they say
So I phone this customer who collected the machines and say they are investigating Mrs X stolen HDD. Cop grabs phone from me and starts getting heavy with Mrs Y
Mrs Y rapidly figures what is going on and proceeds to lambast cop on the phone, telling him he is an idiot

I ask cop why they did not first ascertain that Mrs X was mistaken with her allegation, instead of wasting all this time and effort and damaging my front gate

They walk off and drive away

I complain to Mrs X, telling her she has caused a lot of time-wasting, the cops and me. She still maintains the HDD is missing. I ask her what she thinks is showing the pictures and documents from the external USB case and she bangs down the phone

Bitches be crazy
 
The computer shop in Bothasig called me a week later, wanting to know where the Dell's hdd was. I told him that I had given it back to her in an external case and her invoice stated "Fitted existing hard drive into USB case"

Oh, he said, that is where it ended up. He also confirmed that the Dell was unrepairable. I suggested he charge her for looking at it, whereupon he said that this lady would bite his head off if he suggested that. She is looking for someone to blame for her unworking computer
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X