Traffic fine while Wheel Clamped

Dave

Honorary Master
Haven't seen them do. There was talk about restricting the movement of pedestrians.

It’s in THIS thread, just go back and read, 2 or 3 posters have posted about it.

And another post directly under yours...

stroller

Expert Member
This debate about dedicated parking for bikes begs the next question:

Can a disabled person ride a bike?
If so, will he qualify for the tag that will allow him to park in the present disabled parking spots?

Feck, I'd love to see the expression on peoples' faces when such an event happens.

Swa

Honorary Master
It’s in THIS thread, just go back and read, 2 or 3 posters have posted about it.

And another post directly under yours...
No it's not. There's posts related to other points but not to what I said. Even your browser search would tell you there isn't.

Swa

Honorary Master

If so, will he qualify for the tag that will allow him to park in the present disabled parking spots?

Feck, I'd love to see the expression on peoples' faces when such an event happens.
Would depend on the disability. Is there a disability where you can still ride a bike but would qualify for disabled parking?

Dave

Honorary Master
No it's not. There's posts related to other points but not to what I said. Even your browser search would tell you there isn't.

Yes, there are, they may not discuss your garden, but as your garden is not a public place ito the law, they wouldn’t be discussing your front lawn, but they have discussed how it’s applicable to public places on private property,

Try and read and understand what has been written for a change...

Trompie67

Expert Member

Yes, a disabled person can ride a bike. A friend lost both his legs in a landmine incident & has prosthetics. He still rides & uses nan electromagnet to lock his boots to the pegs.

Would depend on the disability. Is there a disability where you can still ride a bike but would qualify for disabled parking?

Yes, see my comment above.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

I know of some cases where guys who have lost a leg or arm are still riding with or without some assistance technology.

However the very fact that they are still riding bikes with a disability tells me they very much want to be seen as bikers and not as people with a disability and wouldn’t even think to use that parking.

Also the parking are specifically for providing enough space around cars to fully open doors and mount or remove a wheel chair next to the car without being infringed by another car, so more than likely the disc only makes provision for cars and will only be issued to them.

It’s a license per specific vehicle.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yes, a disabled person can ride a bike. A friend lost both his legs in a landmine incident & has prosthetics. He still rides & uses nan electromagnet to lock his boots to the pegs.

Yes, see my comment above.

Yes but has he successfully applied for the disc to allow use of a disability parking with that vehicle?

Trompie67

Expert Member
Yes but has he successfully applied for the disc to allow use of a disability parking with that vehicle?

Yes, the same as he has for his car.

Very rarely uses it though, in car or bike, as he is mobile & reckons folks with wheelchairs need the parking more than he does.