Traffic fine while Wheel Clamped

riverdusty

So basically you forced people to walk in square lines as if they were robots instead of naturally where they normally would.

Sorry mate but you are 100% in the wrong here and it's a bit twatish to park there.
is twatish a technical term?
Also, that'd mean that this applies to pretty much every biker. We all park in places like that.
It just seemed pretty anal of Century City to clamp the bike within 20 minutes and then not give me an answer as to why.

Trompie67

Expert Member
I parked like every other biker. Also, while I was there other bikers parked in similar spaces.
Its usually considered a quirk of being a biker.

My issue is with the wheel clamping within minutes of my stopping there.
20 minutes later I was ready to leave, but couldn't. When I tried to argue the point it took them so long to respond a traffic officer came along and issued a fine.
Are you using ANC logic here? As in everyone is stealing & lying, so it's OK if I do it too? Until I get caught out, then everyone is a cnut except me?

You PLAP & if the owners clamped &then recanted well lucky you. Insofar as the porky goes, do contest & I hope you get off.

But next time, don't PLAP & you won't have this problem.

How about approaching the owners to ask for bike parking bays..... that would be proactive.

I ride (and of course park every so often too) around 60 to 70k km's a year, so have learnt how, when & where to park. We got SandtonfuckingCity to create dedicated biker parking bays due to incidents similar to yours, so go on, you too can do it!

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
is twatish a technical term?
Also, that'd mean that this applies to pretty much every biker. We all park in places like that.
It just seemed pretty anal of Century City to clamp the bike within 20 minutes and then not give me an answer as to why.
Strange that I haven’t been clamped there then.

Just because others do it too doesn’t magically make it right or logical.

porchrat

Honorary Master
I parked like every other biker. Also, while I was there other bikers parked in similar spaces.

My issue is with the wheel clamping within minutes of my stopping there.
20 minutes later I was ready to leave, but couldn't. When I tried to argue the point it took them so long to respond a traffic officer came along and issued a fine.
You parked like a muppet. Own it, accept the fine, and move on with your life.

You probably shouldn't have been wheel clamped, but the fine looks pretty justifiable to me at this point. That area is for pedestrians, not motorcycles.

ekske1

Executive Member
Are you using ANC logic here? As in everyone is stealing & lying, so it's OK if I do it too? Until I get caught out, then everyone is a cnut except me?

You PLAP & if the owners clamped &then recanted well lucky you. Insofar as the porky goes, do contest & I hope you get off.

But next time, don't PLAP & you won't have this problem.

How about approaching the owners to ask for bike parking bays..... that would be proactive.

I ride (and of course park every so often too) around 60 to 70k km's a year, so have learnt how, when & where to park. We got SandtonfuckingCity to create dedicated biker parking bays due to incidents similar to yours, so go on, you too can do it!
And you are using DA logic?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
I am not sure if a traffic official can clamp a vehicle on private property.

Private property being mall parking lots?
According to the law is the public have access then it it not excluded from the laws of the land

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
I think you mean "perk"...but then again there are other words that also describe this kind of behavior from certain bike riders more eloquently.

Dave

Honorary Master
Well, I bet this thread didn’t go the way @riverdusty thought it would when he posted his complaint....

:p

Swa

Honorary Master
Playing devils advocate here, but shouldn't there be designated parking? Is there parking?

According to the law is the public have access then it it not excluded from the laws of the land
So if I don't have a wall around my property it means they can just come and give fines on my property? Not that that is the issue here as others have pointed out but I don't think it works quite that way. Think the defining qualification would be if access is reserved.

Dave

Honorary Master
So if I don't have a wall around my property it means they can just come and give fines on my property? Not that that is the issue here as others have pointed out but I don't think it works quite that way. Think the defining qualification would be if access is reserved.
Wouldn’t the public be trespassing on your property, you haven’t given permission for people to use your property, have you?

Swa

Honorary Master
Wouldn’t the public be trespassing on your property, you haven’t given permission for people to use your property, have you?
I'm asking a question with the way it's stated. The owner or their designated agents of any private property can decide who has access and who doesn't.

Dave

Honorary Master
I'm asking a question with the way it's stated. The owner or their designated agents of any private property can decide who has access and who doesn't.
And in the case of a public car park they’ve granted unrestricted access to the public, no?

Swa

Honorary Master
And in the case of a public car park they’ve granted unrestricted access to the public, no?
Depends, is it on municipal or privately owned property? Access isn't unrestricted but rather conditional.

Dave

Honorary Master
Depends, is it on municipal or privately owned property? Access isn't unrestricted but rather conditional.
Other users have already covered the differences between unrestricted and restricted access, you should go back and read the last couple of pages.

Swa

Honorary Master
Other users have already covered the differences between unrestricted and restricted access, you should go back and read the last couple of pages.
Haven't seen them do. There was talk about restricting the movement of pedestrians.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Playing devils advocate here, but shouldn't there be designated parking? Is there parking?

This is part and parcel of the problem.

There is very rarely dedicated or sensible bike parking available because places expect bikes will park just about anywhere, but then a couple of months/years down the line it’s suddenly a nuisance.

Exasperated more in the last few years by everyone having food deliveries on bikes.

If you use a car bay you are in for having a potentially damaged bike through sheer negligence but more usually purposeful intent to damage because how dare you take a car bay since you can park anywhere you bike scum.

Battle you can’t really win.