Trojan messed up my admin account

ControlAltDelete

Hey guys i need a bit of help, their was around 374 viruses found on my PC (MALMWARE) and 2 trojans, all of them had been removed but it scared my pc, my default Administrator account is called "Admin", but the trojan some how changed my Administrator account (ADMIN) in to a normal standard user, then it created a new account called "Administrator" which is now my current administrator, how do i change my original "admin" account back into administrator and delete the Administrator account the trojan created??

R4tt3xx

Start
Right click My Computer
Manage
Local Users and Groups
Users
Right Click on user
Properties
Member Of
Add
Type "administrators"
Check Names
OK
OK

The account Administrator cannot be deleted. Give it a STRONG password to increase security.

ControlAltDelete

Start
Right click My Computer
Manage
Local Users and Groups
Users
Right Click on user
Properties
Member Of
Add
Type "administrators"
Check Names
OK
OK

The account Administrator cannot be deleted. Give it a STRONG password to increase security.

i cannot change the other account, because it shows that theirs already an account group called administrator

Oculate

Honorary Master
System Restore to prior the malware attack? Alternatively you can fiddle with the HK_Users keys in the Registry reconfiguring the user accounts and their permissions or run a Windows Repair (using the boot disc)

rorz0r

Executive Member
Back-up-your-stuff-and-re-install-windows.

+1...

How can you trust anything on that computer again? If your wife/gf pomped 374 guys would you give her a wash and be good to go?

Romito

Expert Member
hehe @ rorz0r..and dont forget to partition your hdd to keep your OS apart from your files.

cpu.

Executive Member
Also, use a Limited account for daily use. The little extra effort to install apps will give you time to think about where you downloaded the apps from.