scudsucker

Executive Member
I completed it but.... your extremely technical language in the questions is going to prevent many from understanding the questionaire.

I'm a developer. But like many my age (40+) I am self taught. You are phrasing questions in a way that is familiar to you, as a computer science student, but not to many devs, and definitely not to many QA people.

I'd suggest you cancel the current survey and rewrite in layman's terms... my really talented QA colleague has zero idea what "six sigma" means, for example, and I only guessed right because I did Statistics at school. And it's not just "six sigma", the whole questionaire is full of jargon that only an experienced developer or a student would recognise, which in turn reduces the statistical population who will be able to answer.

Last edited:

Gert.Ehlers

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it.

I agree with you, I'm going to add a hover option to each tool / metric and give a nice description of each.

I was hesitant to make the options too long and risk boring respondents. The hover option seemed to be a good work around with the defects so I'll use that here also.

Thanks!

etienne_marais

Honorary Master
Also completed it, had similar issues but then again I would have known if I had employed any of the methodologies/tools in the past so not knowing them is a moot point ...

I am just wondering if you are going to get enough substantial feedback in that I don't think many developers here are 'on that level', or maybe it's just me.

Last edited: