US Election 2020 - Pt 2

lumeer

Expert Member
I mean stats linking protests directly to a surge in infections.
Every country has its Karens who refuse to wear masks. Only America has large scale protests. Only America is experiencing a second wave after initially having gotten a handle on things.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Every country has its Karens who refuse to wear masks. Only America has large scale protests. Only America is experiencing a second wave after initially having gotten a handle on things.
Did they get a handle on it though?
You could say that only America has the drastic ineptness of Trump..so..

cerebus

Honorary Master
That is not statistics. America's surge in coronavirus is due to the fact that mainly Republican states have reopened too early and are not enforcing mask-wearing or social distancing.

EcT2GLTXsAAK2iQ.jpg

I'm willing to look at data that shows a connection between protests and Covid spreading, but so far it seems to not be the case.

Something I already pointed out by linking to this article

rietrot

Honorary Master
Better to spend public funds sticking it to Trump that fund the police that protects families and businesses.
Jip. Painting political massages on public infrastructure is definitely not a problem.

Trump should dig into the federal budget to put his branding everywhere.

cerebus

Honorary Master

lumeer

Expert Member
That is not statistics. America's surge in coronavirus is due to the fact that mainly Republican states have reopened too early and are not enforcing mask-wearing or social distancing.

View attachment 872337

I'm willing to look at data that shows a connection between protests and Covid spreading, but so far it seems to not be the case.

Something I already pointed out by linking to this article

I read that article, but remain unconvinced, as they are simply quoting specific experts who are sharing their views on the matter.

One can also find experts who dispute the link between HIV and AIDS, or who dispute manmade global warming.

If there's a peer-reviewed epidemiological study or report by an authority such as the CDC that dispells BLM protests as significantly contributing to infections, I'll reconsider.

cerebus

Honorary Master
I read that article, but remain unconvinced, as they are simply quoting specific experts who are sharing their views on the matter.

One can also find experts who dispute the link between HIV and AIDS, or who dispute manmade global warming.

If there's a peer-reviewed epidemiological study or report by an authority such as the CDC that dispells BLM protests as significantly contributing to infections, I'll reconsider.
It's a big improvement over you posting.... let me see, no experts.

lumeer

Expert Member
It's a big improvement over you posting.... let me see, no experts.
Can a high court judge stand in judgement of his daughter? Can experts who are emotionally invested in BLM give untainted views on the matter?

cerebus

Honorary Master
Can a high court judge stand in judgement of his daughter? Can experts who are emotionally invested in BLM give untainted views on the matter?
You seem to be emotionally invested in insisting that BLM protesters caused a surge in covid. I'm asking for something more empirical.

lumeer

Expert Member
I'm seeing reports on the ground from doctors in hospitals who are saying that they can't keep up with COVID admissions, then I'm seeing experts who say that there's no evidence that protests are causing a surge in infections.

lumeer

Expert Member
I mean, the surge in infections can't be from the protests, right? Just like the protests are peaceful (just ignore the hundreds, if not thousands, of pictures and videos on the internet showing the opposite). The surge in infections must be from Trump's mismanagement, from Trump's rallies, from people ignoring social distancing, from the economy opening up too soon, but not from protests where hundreds of people aggregate together.

Pegasus

Expert Member
I mean, the surge in infections can't be from the protests, right? Just like the protests are peaceful (just ignore the hundreds, if not thousands, of pictures and videos on the internet showing the opposite). The surge in infections must be from Trump's mismanagement, from Trump's rallies, from people ignoring social distancing, from the economy opening up too soon, but not from protests where hundreds of people aggregate together.

That's crazy white supremacist talk right there.

Just ask cerebeus. All the peaceful protesters wore masks and adhered to social distancing rules. He has evidence.

Just MAGAs are stoopid.

1594368517837.png

cerebus

Honorary Master
data-560x389.jpg

There are some key reasons why the protests didn't lead to so much of a surge. It's outdoors, moving, people were largely wearing masks. Unlike for example idiots like this

R13...

Honorary Master
Why does Trump still fight so hard to keep his tax info out of the public? Didn't realize but he's apparently the only candidate/president (since Carter apparently) not to release his taxes. Is it because he's a Zuma, tax wise (not that he's unlike the Zulu Chief in many other ways)?