US Election 2020

buka001

Executive Member
Yes, but that's a topic for another conversation. Right now I'm showing you what the effects a stalled economy are.
Yes, have you seen countries that lockdowned hard and fast like Austria?

They are beginning to re-emerge with very low casualty figures and are slowly re-starting the economy in a measured manner.

The quicker you lockdown, the shorter you have to do it for.

Gnarls

Expert Member
Yes, now reconcile this with the economy as my original posts intimates. You did see the jobless claims right? How do you know that these states are going to suffer more? Also, there's concern that a second wave might be happening in China.

Yes, have you seen countries that lockdowned hard and fast like Austria?

They are beginning to re-emerge with very low casualty figures and are slowly re-starting the economy in a measured manner.

The quicker you lockdown, the shorter you have to do it for.
Have you seen South Korea?

/edit also second waves are coming.

South Korea has been held up as a paragon for containing the coronavirus, lauded by the world for flattening its curve, but it is now bracing for a possible second wave.
Also

How long can South Korea and the rest of the world live in isolation? In the United States alone, more than 6.5 million people filed for unemployment insurance in a week, highlighting the toll the virus has taken on those who cannot afford isolation.
Sauce

Last edited:

cerebus

Honorary Master
Yes, now reconcile this with the economy as my original posts intimates. You did see the jobless claims right? How do you know that these states are going to suffer more? Also, there's concern that a second wave might be happening in China.
You can’t reconcile it with the economy. The only thing you can do is shut down the virus as early as possible to minimize the damage a longer shutdown later will cause. Those are your only choices I’m afraid. Half measures such as the US is taking now will just drag out the pain longer and longer. See what was said above about Austria.

Gnarls

Expert Member
You can’t reconcile it with the economy. The only thing you can do is shut down the virus as early as possible to minimize the damage a longer shutdown later will cause. Those are your only choices I’m afraid. Half measures such as the US is taking now will just drag out the pain longer and longer. See what was said above about Austria.
See South Korea. No one disagrees that you shut the virus down early. The question is how. Did you read the articles I posted? Especially those about second waves?

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
See South Korea. No one disagrees that you shut the virus down early. The question is how. Did you read the articles I posted? Especially those about second waves?
"massive increase in testing capacity and a coherent and comprehensive public health strategy"

US is catching up with testing, slowly, but there's no semblance of a public health strategy because they're governed by an utter moron who is unfit and undermines his public health officials at every turn.

The massive fsckup with distributing medical resources like it's the Hunger Games between states, driven by Trump's political concerns and fealty to oligarchy, is testament to that.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Did you? From your article:

But Orbital gonna Orbital. Need more tinfoil?
Hilarious that you seem to think "he listens to what I say" is a good defence of Trump's behaviour.

Maybe he listens (I doubt it), but then he goes ahead and spouts BS anyway.

In the same interview, when the interviewer points out Trump's penchant for lying, he said this:

It just doesn’t comport with facts.

A:
I know, but what do you want me to do? I mean, seriously Jon, let’s get real, what do you want me to do?
No, no - that doesn't count. He doesn't say what Gnarls wants him to say so ignore it.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

"It is hard not to think that the President’s loss of confidence in me derives from my having faithfully discharged my legal obligations as an independent and impartial Inspector General," Michael Atkinson, the intelligence community inspector general said in a statement Sunday, "and from my commitment to continue to do so."

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Richard Head back at the podium again, the US only has more cases because they test more than anyone else, and their testing is more accurate.

Anything to create the impression that he is #1

Young Asian girl asks a question about Chinese supply of medical PPE - the cnut doesn't like the question then resorts to demanding who she represents and where she's from - she's from Hong Kong, and works for a private company.

Back to slagging the Obama administration.

Last edited:

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Richard Head back at the podium again, the US only has more cases because they test more than anyone else, and their testing is more accurate.

Anything to create the impression that he is #1
Well, technically they've at least tested twice as many people than any other country.

But considering their population size, they're behind the curve. They'll pass Finland and Switzerland shortly, but are still about half of what Germany are at this stage.

lumeer

Expert Member
Well, technically they've at least tested twice as many people than any other country.

But considering their population size, they're behind the curve. They'll pass Finland and Switzerland shortly, but are still about half of what Germany are at this stage.
The USA is currently ranked 41st for per capita testing (5779 tests per million citizens).

TysonRoux

Executive Member
The Cheeto Zeus fumed when told about the HHS Inspector Generals report that there's many hospitals that are critically short on medical PPE, in a frothing at the mouth outburst he asked what his name was, when he learnt its a "she", said she's an Obama carry-over - the cnut appointed her.

Trump says the federal coronavirus effort has been “incredible.” His own government disagrees.

A new HHS inspector general report details “severe shortages” facing hospitals dealing with the pandemic.

A report released Monday by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) inspector general details the “severe shortages” of testing supplies and medical gear experienced by hospitals, and alludes to the disorganized nature of the federal response.

The government report stands in contrast to the rhetoric coming from the government’s top elected official. President Donald Trump wants you to believe that officials who have criticized his administration’s coronavirus response are part of a plot to take him down, and despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary, he insists federal agencies have done “an unbelievable,” “incredible” job procuring supplies for states.

Now, however, even his own government is acknowledging those talking points are at odds with the reality experienced by health care providers at hospitals that are struggling to contain the coronavirus outbreak while keeping workers safe.

Trump dismisses HHS IG report critical of federal coronavirus response: "It's just wrong. Did I hear the word 'inspector general'? Really ... what's his name? ... could politics be entered into that?"

Donald Trump trashes inspector general who revealed hundreds of hospitals are short of tests and getting masks from auto shops - then smears 21-year civil servant as an 'Obama appointee' even though HE promoted her to her latest role

Last edited:

TysonRoux

Executive Member

President Trump lashed out at Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar on Thursday for not doing enough to help him win over voters on health care, according to multiple reports.

According to the reports, Trump phoned Azar after being presented with polling that showed voters trust Democrats more than Republicans on health care and drug pricing.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill

President Trump lashed out at Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar on Thursday for not doing enough to help him win over voters on health care, according to multiple reports.

According to the reports, Trump phoned Azar after being presented with polling that showed voters trust Democrats more than Republicans on health care and drug pricing.
As always, he is incapable of thinking about anything in any way other than his own ego.

Nearly 11k dead - doesn't give a fsck. Bad polls? Worst thing ever.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
The USA is currently ranked 41st for per capita testing (5779 tests per million citizens).
C'mon, you can throw out half the rest of the countries out because their population is so low.

And they are testing 150-300k a day. That is huge, by any reckoning. In the last 6 days, they have tested more than the total Germany have tested. The last 4 days, more than Spain. The last 3 days, more than Italy or South Korea.

Give credit where credit is due. The US don't **** around, no matter which ****tard is in charge slowing them down.