US protests/riots 2020

Vorastra

Expert Member
Ooh! Another right wing circle jerk thread!

Wasn't the "woke" one enough?
The US 2020 election thread needs a counter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't be angry at the news reporting on the rioters. Be angry that the rioters have forgotten their original goal.

Vorastra

Expert Member
The withdrawal of federal agents from frontline policing of demonstrations in downtown Portland significantly reduced tensions in the city overnight.

Protesters in support of Black Lives Matter once again rallied near the federal courthouse that became a flashpoint, and the scene of nightly battles amid the swirl of teargas, after Donald Trump dispatched agents to end what he called anarchy in the city after weeks of demonstrations.

But in the absence of the federal officers, Thursday night’s protest passed off without major incident or intervention by the police.

[Link]
I do like how we're pretending the feds increased tensions lmao.

Let's just forget that the only reason the feds were even there in the first place is because the rioters were attacking federal buildings.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I do like how we're pretending the feds increased tensions lmao.

Let's just forget that the only reason the feds were even there in the first place is because the rioters were attacking federal buildings.
I'm not offering an opinion, just happened to see the article, and the other thread was locked, and I missed this one.

Vorastra

Expert Member
I'm not offering an opinion, just happened to see the article, and the other thread was locked, and I missed this one.
To be fair my comment was directed at your article, since your comment was a copy paste of it, no?

Vorastra

Expert Member
Nonsense.
Law enforcement and the boogaloos did all the looting, rioting and assaults.

Antifa and BLM are the innocent victims here.
Why do the feds keep dressing up as Antifa and firebombing their own buildings.

StormTrumpers, am I right guys?
*jumping high five*

Emjay

Honorary Master
The withdrawal of federal agents from frontline policing of demonstrations in downtown Portland significantly reduced tensions in the city overnight.

Protesters in support of Black Lives Matter once again rallied near the federal courthouse that became a flashpoint, and the scene of nightly battles amid the swirl of teargas, after Donald Trump dispatched agents to end what he called anarchy in the city after weeks of demonstrations.

But in the absence of the federal officers, Thursday night’s protest passed off without major incident or intervention by the police.

[Link]
They have been "protesting" for almost two months straight. To try and pretend this is due to a federal officer presence is just dishonest.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
To be fair my comment was directed at your article, since your comment was a copy paste of it, no?
Totally - I was also just indicating generally, in relation to the topic, that I don't hold a very strong view.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
They have been "protesting" for almost two months straight. To try and pretend this is due to a federal officer presence is just dishonest.
What is 'this'? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

*edit*

If you mean the protests generally, it's not dishonest, it's obvious given the timelines involved.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
In any event what are these fools still protesting about? Don't they have jobs, families?

Emjay

Honorary Master
What is 'this'? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

*edit*

If you mean the protests generally, it's not dishonest, it's obvious given the timelines involved.
That the violence is due to a federal presence, or the cessation violence is due to them withdrawing.

This mob has been trying to burn down the court house for quite some time now.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
That the violence is due to a federal presence, or the cessation violence is due to them withdrawing.

This mob has been trying to burn down the court house for quite some time now.
This is why I don't really have much of an opinion - It's surely not as black and white as many people are making it out to be; I don't understand why people struggle so much to discuss these things without what I can only assume are their emotions getting in the way.

Emjay

Honorary Master

Go to 1:20 and see how people were changing into black clothing undercover of umbrellas. These people are not there to protest. This is organised.

scudsucker

Executive Member
The US 2020 election thread needs a counter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't be angry at the news reporting on the rioters. Be angry that the rioters have forgotten their original goal.
It is hilarious that you guys feel you need to retreat into your safe spaces now it has become blindingly obvious even to the rightwing (well... obvious to most of you, Peggy would disagree) that defending Trump is a losing game.

The pivot is, unfortunately for you, equally obvious. I can't wait for December/January where we will be hearing people like @Vorastra denying he ever supported Trump

Last edited:

access

Honorary Master
It is hilarious that you guys feel you need to retreat into your safe spaces now it has become blindingly obvious even to the rightwing (well... obvious to most of you, Peggy would disagree) that defending Trump is a losing game.

The pivot is, unfortunately for you, equally obvious. I can't wait for December/January where we will be hearing people like @Vorastra denying he ever supported Trump
skyscreamers.gif

Emjay

Honorary Master

The US election thread is about the (shock, horror) E L E C T I O N S. This thread is about the ongoing riots in the USA. This is not retreating anywhere as both threads exist in the same forum, and accessible by the same people.