VBox: Ubuntu host; XP guest; copy and paste picture

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
Anyone out there got any ideas how to copy a pic in the host and get to paste in the guest? It looks as though copying anything other than simple text does not work??

Happy Camper

Expert Member
Create a folder on the XP guest from the buntu box, you will then own it. Copy and paste to your hearts content.

nic777

Expert Member
Yes, shared folders are the way to go when moving data more complex than text.

BigAl-sa

Executive Member
You guys are missing the point: in Linux I can copy and paste pics between apps; in w I can copy and paste pics between apps. Having to save the pic requires a whole host of extra steps in moving the pic between apps. Virtualbox is not picking up Linux's method of clipboarding pics.

Happy Camper

Expert Member
You guys are missing the point: in Linux I can copy and paste pics between apps; in w I can copy and paste pics between apps. Having to save the pic requires a whole host of extra steps in moving the pic between apps. Virtualbox is not picking up Linux's method of clipboarding pics.

Oh I see :eek:

In that case I think you need to either transfer via USB. Or get Networking going and create a shared folder via network.

HTH

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
I just did some tests and you cannot do this in VB. All VB does is copy the absolute path directory name into the clipboard and not the picture.

Shared folder is the only solution.