Vodacom Fibre Complex Wars

Cyborg244

Vodacom fibre is taking over in terms of the complex space. New developmental estates are contracting their fibre lines to vodacom..... and it sucks. Its essentially a monopoly which means that they wont give a damn about quality or providing a good service, cause who else are they competing against ? There's no such thing as a free open market. Guess thats how the world works.

I'm moving to westlake eco estate and Vodacom Firbe is the sole provider. I just want to know what the experiences has been like being using Vodacom Fibre in your complex or any complex. And is it as bad as I think it is ?

lord-of-war

Our estate has Vodacom fiber, we get full speeds 99% of the time. But their pricing sucks.

Cyborg244

Our estate has Vodacom fiber, we get full speeds 99% of the time. But their pricing sucks.

That's what I've heard from others as well. I need to have fibre or else I can't do my job. But R800.00 for 10mbps ????? :wtf: Really ?
Do you know if your complex may incorporate open access for other providers to use vodacoms line, like SADV, Vumatel,Octotel or openserve in the future.

marhsava

Vodacom fibre is taking over in terms of the complex space. New developmental estates are contracting their fibre lines to vodacom..... and it sucks. Its essentially a monopoly which means that they wont give a damn about quality or providing a good service, cause who else are they competing against ? There's no such thing as a free open market. Guess thats how the world works.

I'm moving to westlake eco estate and Vodacom Firbe is the sole provider. I just want to know what the experiences has been like being using Vodacom Fibre in your complex or any complex. And is it as bad as I think it is ?

Any idea of the installtion turn round time in westlake estate ?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

Get your facts in a row youngster.

Westlake is Balwin development.
Balwin Properties had an exclusivity agreement with Evotel and wouldn't let any other fibre providers into their developments. Since the Vodacom buy out of evotel, this has passed to them.
Your gripe is with Balwin, not any fibre provider.

And before you get yourr panties even further wadded up unnecessarily, this is all perfectly legal, as Balwin does all this before handing the estate over to the body corporate - it's only at that point that the sectional title act which would give you recourse kicks in.

To say that Vodacom is taking over the complex space is complete and utter bull****. Between ourselves and Vumatel, we probably have about 70-80% of that space stitched up. With Openswerve and the rats and mice picking up the remains.

Last edited:

marhsava

Get your facts in a row youngster.

Westlake is Balwin development.
Balwin Properties had an exclusivity agreement with Evotel and wouldn't let any other fibre providers into their developments. Since the Vodacom buy out of evotel, this has passed to them.
Your gripe is with Balwin, not any fibre provider.

And before you get yourr panties even further wadded up unnecessarily, this is all perfectly legal, as Balwin does all this before handing the estate over to the body corporate - it's only at that point that the sectional title act which would give you recourse kicks in.

To say that Vodacom is taking over the complex space is complete and utter bull****. Between ourselves and Vumatel, we probably have about 70-80% of that space stitched up. With Openswerve and the rats and mice picking up the remains.

Westlake Estate is actually changing to Fibre Ops , think they getting rid of vodacom ..

marhsava

currently, I have no internet connection, I hope their installation time is quick, just placed my order today with Vodacom