Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having similar problems and logged an issue with VC Technical staff, I was advised that there is a fault between on the link between us and the states. This was logged on Sunday night I have had a few replies but the issue is still not resolved.
I think the problem is between us and the rest of the world cause speed test to a server in Sydney returned 160kbps odd but it seems to be a little quicker this morning. Last week however it was around 850kbps to LA, this morning 767kbps which is pretty quick but it's still early, lets see at around 10am when there more uses on the network...

The thing with 3G is inconsistency, there almost always issues, they're almost always resolved and lately it's been up more than it's been done...
 
Do think this will stay like this or will we be getting slower response in the evening again?

I am getting mmorpg withdrawals :)
NO if anything it should improve this evening. It seems to have lost some impetus now again but that's probably due to increased activity on the network. Hopefully by this evening there will be less activity and international issues will be tweaked/repaired...
 
vodacom.co.za 1752/324
speedtest.net to LA 642 ms ping 410/92
to OZ 734ms ping 307/87
to CT 212 ms ping 1027/248

International pretty unspectacular yes
 
NO if anything it should improve this evening. It seems to have lost some impetus now again but that's probably due to increased activity on the network. Hopefully by this evening there will be less activity and international issues will be tweaked/repaired...

I was burning to get home and try this out. Having MMORPG withdrawal myself - my guild thinks I'm avoiding them. Unfortunately I can only get a GPRS connection at the moment :mad:
 
I was burning to get home and try this out. Having MMORPG withdrawal myself - my guild thinks I'm avoiding them. Unfortunately I can only get a GPRS connection at the moment :mad:

When you phone them to tell them there is an issue they just log another ticket.

I am seriously considering if I need to look in another direction?

Any advice ?
 
Any advice ?
Yeah wait till tomorrow... network tends to be a lot more effective on the weekend from early friday afternoon... I would be inclined to try mtn too but to be honest the only place you going to find consistency is with a fixed line via telkom but with "their consistency" comes all sorts of other issues...
 
Gees international crap tonight!!!

Till sunday night I have been able to connect to game servers 100% any day of the week and any time of the week surely there must be an issue at VC ?

I just wish they could sort this out. To date I have never had issue with VC but am getting rely frustrated. Even downloads are cr###p !!!!!!!!!!

vodacom3g can you not assist us in this pls, pretty please?
 
Getting disconnected every 2 min. unrestricted APN, PPDB.

IP at the time of disconnection: 41.192.135.164
 
Last edited:
Till sunday night I have been able to connect to game servers 100% any day of the week and any time of the week surely there must be an issue at VC ?

I just wish they could sort this out. To date I have never had issue with VC but am getting rely frustrated. Even downloads are cr###p !!!!!!!!!!

vodacom3g can you not assist us in this pls, pretty please?
Ai... With every tweak and upgrade there is the inevitable "one step backwards to go two steps forward" syndrome...(if you like)...
 
Thanks to the one person who stayed on topic in his reply.

Since I've been having the problem for almost a month now (ever since I took the contract) I'm now busy cancelling it.

A special thanks to Vodacom for still not being able to tell me what's wrong.
 
I wonder if VC is updating their towers' software or something in that arena...?
Of late, every other day for an hour or less, late in the evening, Data connection is non existent while Voice is going strong.
Haven't contacted VC on this, but I suspect the answer will be in the order of; "Routine maintance"
 
Date: Saturday 23 February.
Location: Centurion
Time:05:00 to 09:57. Cannot connect to the network
155 confirmed this as Vodacom Fault

Time 10:00 to 11:00. 155 one call being on hold for more than an hour not being answered until call was disconnected.

Time 10:00 to up to now 13:30 can connect to the network but can't browse as DNS can't resolve names
155 confirmed this as Vodacom Fault

Last night disconnected twice for no good reason.

Don't know what changes they make during the weekend but they are obviously not making sure those changes work. :(

This is the second weekend in a row that long prolonged period of problems are being experienced by myself because of Vodacom not being able to fix these problems speedily after I report them.

There were link failures in the area early morning and just as that came back up, DNS problems. Resolved now but still waiting to hear what caused the DNS problems.

So your observations were spot on.
 
Gees man, international still very weak, for over a week... speedtest.net to LA 143/67... not even going to bother with OZ... to CT 762/323... vodacom.co.za 1391/368...
 
Gees man, international still very weak, for over a week... speedtest.net to LA 143/67... not even going to bother with OZ... to CT 762/323... vodacom.co.za 1391/368...


This is really terrible I have made a huge number of phone-calls to vodacom as well as made a complaint on hello peter. I have also had my account changed to a different apn still no luck. Any time of the day the international speeds and latency is up the pole. People have been complaining since last week about terrible service speeds how long does it take to resolve? I have 3 accounts with Vodacom I know that in the big picture this means nothing if I were to cancel all 3 contracts with them and find a different service provider.

I think that over-all though this is typical of the service industry in our country I wonder what a company like Bell would be doing in this type of instance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X