vodacom3g
Vodacom Representative
V3g, I'm still on GPRS. I'll give Vodacom a call today. See what they say.
Thanks
Have you cycled the power on your phone?
Send me your physical addy and I'll ask.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
V3g, I'm still on GPRS. I'll give Vodacom a call today. See what they say.
Thanks
I cycled my phone and my modem, but no joy.
I reside in this place called home
Thanks for all your troble, v3g.
E
Dude edit your post and get your address details off the forum - we're nice trusting people, but don't be suprised when you get some dodgy bills and goods in the mail![]()
ID theft is so heavy and it can all start with this kind of personal info - thats just the paranoid android in me...
I think V3G meant for you to PM your details to him![]()
Thanks, I was a bit peeved this morning to find my 3G still lacking and didn't think what I wrote.
Can you now please remove it from your post?![]()
I can just confirm that vodacom has serious problems with the network.
Every day you can follow the same pattern. If you ping US based servers, e.g. google, you have really good latency in the morning (330ms at 7am). With every hour later, the latency gets worse.
Already at 9am in the morning you are in the 500ms area, with frequent packet drops. In the evening 800ms with lots of packet drops is common.
That really sucks, you can not use this connectivity if you are working with servers based in the US.
regards,
Wolfgang
Am I the only one whose connection has lost all throughput (connecting to any APN just fine) for about an hour after 21:30 almost every day this week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday I can confirm.
On Monday and Tuesday, the Recorded "we are currently experiencing problems..." message was on 155, so I assume VC was quickly alerted by complaints. Or was this scheduled maintenance/upgrading? I only ask because of the repeated time and duration. If so, is there a place that this is announced?
I have been very pleased with the speeds I'm getting since the 3.6 upgrade (averaging around 2.6). But if it's a choice between fast or stable, I'll take stable please.
Thanks for any responses.
MrOoze
Yup, I also had problems last night. Tried to play Guild Wars and the connection just died halfway through the mission
That was at exactly 20:30.