Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, remember it's the end of the month coming up and vodacom always slows to a crawl...Like yawning it's contagious and spreads.
 
Last edited:
northriding was extremely lagged last night, loading sites too forever. I am near the dome, when i tried wow my latency in that was over 3000+ constantly.
 
Getting the following problem in Sunninghill, both internet and internetvpn APNs:

Code:
Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
 
Very weak in Norwood tonight, haven't been on for long but its stuttering and stammering like a fool tonight...

Download Speed: 238 kbps (29.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 144 kbps (18 KB/sec transfer rate)

I'm seldom below 1000kbps download speed...
 
Things were much better last night. The one thing I did have problems with was accessing MBB. Kept getting page reset errors.
 
Is it just me or are things terribly slow today? PPDB, unrestricted APN.
 
Its been a month now :(

Download Speed: 192 kbps (24 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 273 kbps (34.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
 
Doped up hippies objecting [IMO for no good reason] to existing & potential base-station sites.

@Iam3G, I think your best bet would be to find out who in your area caused the landlord not to renew the lease, and protest outside of those people's homes.

The site is/was on the premises of a fancy Hotel. I don't really know anyone there.
 
Having trouble connecting to Vodacom in the 'hood on pre-paid, tried both internet and internetvpn APNs. There seems to be a long pause while the 'Registering your computer on the network' message is displayed, then the old 619.
Once I did manage to connect, but all DNS queries timed out. Been happening since about 21:00.
Update:
Continued until about 22:00. I tried again now (22:30); first time I connected got DNS timeouts, second time I was in.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X