Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
On internetvpn last night I got two 619 errors and connected on the third attempt:). Speed was normal.
It's just happened again to me now.
Three failed connection attempts on 3G in a row (long pause while authenticating, then 619 error).
I then switched to GPRS/EDGE Only and connected first time.
I called up the mybroadband homepage, then disconnected (voluntarily).
I switched back to 3G Only and got another three failed connection attempts, same as before.
I switched back to GPRS/EDGE Only and connected first time and am now posting this.

@v3g: Any feedback on what could be causing this? My 3G signal strength is pretty high, around -63dBm.
 
Last edited:
It's just happened again to me now.
Three failed connection attempts on 3G in a row (long pause while authenticating, then 619 error).
I then switched to GPRS/EDGE Only and connected first time.
I called up the mybroadband homepage, then disconnected.
I switched back to 3G Only and got another three failed connection attempts, same as before.
I switched back to GPRS/EDGE Only and connected first time and am now posting this.

@v3g: Any feedback on what could be causing this? My 3G signal strength is pretty high, around -63dBm.

Not off the top of my head. Gimme a shout and let's try and debug.
 
Vodacom problems

I'm in the Polokwane area and I'm fed up with Vodacom. These guys have no idea how to maintain a broadband service. There's not a day that goes by without having the signal dissapear while in the middle of something on the net. If you're lucky it will come on again after 5 minutes and disconnect again after 30 minutes. On bad days you have to switch to GPRS to get the basic service.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed Vodacom piss off. I 'm from that area between Polokwane and Burgesrfort (85km from polokwane) and despite being in one of the fastest growing/developing areas in terms of mining we still cant get basic signals to make or receive calls. I'm not even talking about 3g and all other fancy staff. And that is affecting a hugely densely populated area.

We have been approaching them since 1999/2000 and so far all in vain.

It is bad indeed.
 
Again just now. I'm in a major online poker tournament and at the crucial moment Vodacoms fcks it up! I'm swearing like a sailor from frustration. God help me Vodacom you are pushing me too far. I'm going to come down to your offices and shove this modem and a fcking bullet down your throats.

Have you tried using an external antenna?
 
Indeed Vodacom piss off. I 'm from that area between Polokwane and Burgesrfort (85km from polokwane) and despite being in one of the fastest growing/developing areas in terms of mining we still cant get basic signals to make or receive calls. I'm not even talking about 3g and all other fancy staff. And that is affecting a hugely densely populated area.

We have been approaching them since 1999/2000 and so far all in vain.

It is bad indeed.

Laz, won't you PM me your contact details, addr. etc. as per my sig below? Also include some of the reference numbers you got in the previous conversations. I'll see what's cooking.
 
I'm in the Polokwane area and I'm fed up with Vodacom. These guys have no fcking idea how to maintain a broadband service. There's not a day that goes by without having the signal dissapear while in the middle of something on the net. If you're lucky it will come on again after 5 minutes and disconnect again after 30 minutes. On bad days you have to switch to fcking GPRS to get the basic service. This has been going on for the last fcking 2 years already so trust me when I say I loathe you Vodacom. You arseholes are ruining my life and my health with your crap service and fcking stupid animals you put on your support staff. Get the fcking disadvantaged idiots who are suppose to maintain this system to take their finger out their fcking noses and start maintaining already. I'm filing a law suit against you aresholes now for damages because everytime you fck up it's costing me money.
Have you tried an external antenna? I'm know a lot of people who mounted a 3G antenna on their roof to proactively fix their problem. But I dunno, maybe huffing & puffing & swearing works for you...:rolleyes:
 
Seeing heaps of 619 errors tonight. Could not connect at all since just after 9PM. Posting from my MTN SIM.

PPDB. internet and unrestricted APN
 
Seeing heaps of 619 errors tonight. Could not connect at all since just after 9PM. Posting from my MTN SIM.

PPDB. internet and unrestricted APN

Yup. There's a link down in JHB that affects pre-paid authentication. Suspect this is what you're seeing.

Same here [top -up]. Just connected with internetvpn now.
 
Again just now. I'm in a major online poker tournament and at the crucial moment Vodacoms fcks it up! I'm swearing like a sailor from frustration. God help me Vodacom you are pushing me too far. I'm going to come down to your offices and shove this modem and a fcking bullet down your throats.

Gambling is costing you money, not Vodacom ;)
 
@Vodacom3G

I tried to call 155 last night and there was a message "Vodacom is experiencing intermittent problems with 3G and GPRS. This may affect email, downloading and internet browsing"

Now what use is that? I tried to connect about 100 times from 18:00 to 22:00 and could not connect once. Intermittent my backside. It was a complete FAIL.

Anyway I tried to call 155 to get my hands on a consultant. What is the magic password to get to one? I don't need help setting up my connection, I don't want to connect to the VLive portal, I don't care about blackberry stuff and NO, I don't have a iBust modem.

Please Vodacom3G, if my connection just sommer stops working and I want to find out if Vodacom is having a bad day who do I call?

When I did choose the option to "Speak to a consultant" I am told that for quality purposes my call my be recorded then it is dropped?

Anyway, my little rant. I just want to know who at 155 to call to get network status info...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X