Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gprs not working at peak time. Help!

Hi there. For some reason i cannot access gprs on my phone at peak time. Been happening for the past 4 days. I'm on prepaid and i use the internet apn to connect. It connects fine but no data can be received. It works fine on my contract number so i hope somebody can help me sort out my prepaid. I have all the correct settings and it works fine during the day. Thanks
 
With the kind of person i am, i still read into the complexity of what you are saying, but i do understand on some level what you mean(i did very poorly in N+ on Campus, so the terminoligy and theory is really hard for me to understand).

So what i understand by what you mean by a backhaul link or a congested base station is that its a overloaded base station??? Meaning there was a tremendous amount of peers connected to that base-station at that time all or most of them doing downloading???

As for cell breathing i dont completely understand, as i've read from the other post concerning this. being on the edge of a breathing cell, does it mean an exausted cell or something to do with range?? and how does one experience cell breathing or go into that state of connectivity if you're in a area with Superb Coverage?

Are there any links you have that illustrates this via pictures?

Here is a starting link http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=cell+breathing&i=39495,00.asp follow other links for more explanation.

Ya well no fine. :p

:cool:
 
Yeah, I've been struggling with GPRS since Friday. Also prepaid, area ranges from the Waterfront to the southern suburbs.
 
No International Access on HSDPA?

Just wanting to check if anybody else is also experiencing this -

I'm in Cape Town and can browse local sites fine, but all internationals seem unaccessible. Even www.google.com.

Looks like just port 80 international is down. Any another protocol is fine.

Is Vodacom also jippoing our browsing through a proxy?? One more point of failure.

Any comments?
 
What, international going down? Think it might've happened once to me before, not sure, but no its not regular.
 
happened before (3 times that I can recall)...usually just blame telkom!
 
google is working 100%
international too.

Speed on ADSL is atrocious at present, but on HSDPA it is flying. Need to get a backup going at work...
 
I had quite a problem connecting a short while back - continuous 619 errors, ended up calling 155 and there was a recorded message saying that there were throughput problems on both the GPRS & 3G networks, don't know if it is still a problem, but I eventually got connected & am holding onto this connection for as long as possible...

On my side of the globe so far so good today, no problems at all.

:cool:
 
cant log into our UK Hosting and Domain name reseller accounts... and when I say "cant log in" I mean I get constant Gateway timeouts. meh, I wonder if this is reason enough to terminate a 2 year contract.
 
Seems to be a problem here with international. Can't access wikipedia and by can't I mean NOTHING comes back. Works through a proxy though.
 
Telkom's Belleville-Core blew up today or something [ cable break, is the official notice, although my ISP said it blew up :) ], should be effecting the whole country - as i think traffic goes through belleville core onroute to sat-3
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X