Vodacom testing my patience! [resolved]

eonkruger

Vodacom Legal Department: 0821905

Pieter@vodacom.co.za
legal.collections@vodacom.co.za
customercare@vodacom.co.za
@uyspj
@Vodacom

1st Complaint: 9 February 2012 at 14:51PM.
Recording made.

First of all you better include your management in the reply to this email!
Why are there no dates included in the document?
This so-called outstanding balance is 7 years old, all the way back to 2005.

Reply from Loyiso legal.collections@vodacom.co.za on 9 February 2012 at 16:40.

Team lead from the legal department supposed to contact me on 9 February 2012, still waiting!
Documentation explaining this outstanding balance received 9 February 2012
Cancellation forms supposed to be sent on 9 February 2012, still waiting.

Let’s start off with Vodacom is an absolute joke! I regret not joining another service provider.
I applied for a 1 Gig data package and to my surprise, got declined! I contacted the legal department and due to a slow system I had to phone back after 10 minutes, slow system is not my problem, sort it out. Apparently I have an outstanding balance dating back to 2005?

Between 2005 and 2012 which equals 7 years I had numerous new contracts, how was those contracts approved with balance of R2000+ outstanding? The amount I pay for Vodacom monthly is actually ridiculous, look it up, now you want to complain about an outstanding amount dating back to 2005 which I was never notified about?

Questions you better answer with very good explanations:
• What balance is this?
• Why have I not been notified about this 7 years ago?
• How were all of my contracts between 2005 and 2012 been approved if I had an outstanding balance?

I want my Blackberry Talk 100 contract cancelled immediately and will never again join Vodacom!
I want this stupid apparent 7 year old outstanding balance sorted out and I want it sorted out today with a very good explanation or excuse for that matter today!

So my conclusion is that Vodacom is an absolute joke, the service is unprofessional and communication is clearly non-existent. I love reading up on all of the complaints about Vodacom, just shows you what kind of service you are providing and clearly not improving on, yet people still choose Vodacom.

So to recap for your convenience:
1. Cancellations forms for my current contract immediately.
2. Explanation where this balance came from immediately.
3. Explanation on how my other contracts between that period got approved.
4. Summary sheet showing all of my contracts with Vodacom from 2001 up to date.

If I do not get answers and a solution for this today I promise you I will take this further, I had enough now.
At the end of the day this is definitely a mistake on your side and you better fix it, I will not pay that outstanding amount! This so-called outstanding balance is not even picked up in my transunion report which I received last week. Explain that to me!

Web consumer replied to my 1st complaint, with feedback “speak to legal department”, useless!

2nd Complaint: 13 February 2012.
Will post another complaint on http://hellopeter.com on 14 February 2012.

Communication, follow-up, feedback or even an acknowledgment not received, numerous emails went unresolved, 7 emails to be exact have been sent to legal.collections@vodacom.co.za without any success. My query is still unresolved. Even included customercare@vodacom.co.za but quite frankly, they just don’t care!

Email 1: 9 February 2012, 16:45PM.
Email 2: 9 February 2012, 17:46PM.
Email 3: 10 February 2012, 07:10AM.
Email 4: 10 February 2012, 10:13AM.
Email 5: 10 February 2012, 15:46PM.
Email 6: 13 February 2012, 08:36AM.
Email 7: 14 February 2012, 7:59AM.

Complaint has been posted on http://hellopeter.com and on http://ComplaintsBoard.com also no success.
This clearly shows the kind of service Vodacom is providing to their clients.

Is there anything unclear about my complaint(s), do I need to explain anything to you? What I don’t understand is how difficult can it be to resolve my query and forward me the cancellation forms.

14 February 2012, email sent to legal.collections@vodacom.co.za and customercare@vodacom.co.za.
15 February, still nothing!

Next steps will be to get a lawyer involved and post various complaints all over the web, including facebook and twitter where numerous people will read it and see what kind of service Vodacom is providing.

I will phone the stupid legal department today and you better have answers for me ready or else there will be trouble, my patience ran out long ago already!

VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
Vodacom Legal Department: 0821905

Pieter@vodacom.co.za
legal.collections@vodacom.co.za
customercare@vodacom.co.za
@uyspj
@Vodacom

1st Complaint: 9 February 2012 at 14:51PM.
Recording made.

First of all you better include your management in the reply to this email!
Why are there no dates included in the document?
This so-called outstanding balance is 7 years old, all the way back to 2005.

Reply from Loyiso legal.collections@vodacom.co.za on 9 February 2012 at 16:40.

Team lead from the legal department supposed to contact me on 9 February 2012, still waiting!
Documentation explaining this outstanding balance received 9 February 2012
Cancellation forms supposed to be sent on 9 February 2012, still waiting.

Let’s start off with Vodacom is an absolute joke! I regret not joining another service provider.
I applied for a 1 Gig data package and to my surprise, got declined! I contacted the legal department and due to a slow system I had to phone back after 10 minutes, slow system is not my problem, sort it out. Apparently I have an outstanding balance dating back to 2005?

Between 2005 and 2012 which equals 7 years I had numerous new contracts, how was those contracts approved with balance of R2000+ outstanding? The amount I pay for Vodacom monthly is actually ridiculous, look it up, now you want to complain about an outstanding amount dating back to 2005 which I was never notified about?

Questions you better answer with very good explanations:
• What balance is this?
• Why have I not been notified about this 7 years ago?
• How were all of my contracts between 2005 and 2012 been approved if I had an outstanding balance?

I want my Blackberry Talk 100 contract cancelled immediately and will never again join Vodacom!
I want this stupid apparent 7 year old outstanding balance sorted out and I want it sorted out today with a very good explanation or excuse for that matter today!

So my conclusion is that Vodacom is an absolute joke, the service is unprofessional and communication is clearly non-existent. I love reading up on all of the complaints about Vodacom, just shows you what kind of service you are providing and clearly not improving on, yet people still choose Vodacom.

So to recap for your convenience:
1. Cancellations forms for my current contract immediately.
2. Explanation where this balance came from immediately.
3. Explanation on how my other contracts between that period got approved.
4. Summary sheet showing all of my contracts with Vodacom from 2001 up to date.

If I do not get answers and a solution for this today I promise you I will take this further, I had enough now.
At the end of the day this is definitely a mistake on your side and you better fix it, I will not pay that outstanding amount! This so-called outstanding balance is not even picked up in my transunion report which I received last week. Explain that to me!

Web consumer replied to my 1st complaint, with feedback “speak to legal department”, useless!

2nd Complaint: 13 February 2012.
Will post another complaint on http://hellopeter.com on 14 February 2012.

Communication, follow-up, feedback or even an acknowledgment not received, numerous emails went unresolved, 7 emails to be exact have been sent to legal.collections@vodacom.co.za without any success. My query is still unresolved. Even included customercare@vodacom.co.za but quite frankly, they just don’t care!

Email 1: 9 February 2012, 16:45PM.
Email 2: 9 February 2012, 17:46PM.
Email 3: 10 February 2012, 07:10AM.
Email 4: 10 February 2012, 10:13AM.
Email 5: 10 February 2012, 15:46PM.
Email 6: 13 February 2012, 08:36AM.
Email 7: 14 February 2012, 7:59AM.

Complaint has been posted on http://hellopeter.com and on http://ComplaintsBoard.com also no success.
This clearly shows the kind of service Vodacom is providing to their clients.

Is there anything unclear about my complaint(s), do I need to explain anything to you? What I don’t understand is how difficult can it be to resolve my query and forward me the cancellation forms.

14 February 2012, email sent to legal.collections@vodacom.co.za and customercare@vodacom.co.za.
15 February, still nothing!

Next steps will be to get a lawyer involved and post various complaints all over the web, including facebook and twitter where numerous people will read it and see what kind of service Vodacom is providing.

I will phone the stupid legal department today and you better have answers for me ready or else there will be trouble, my patience ran out long ago already!
Hi

Can you kindly send me your details , Id number etc , so i can follow up.

eonkruger

you better get management (Pieter Uys) involved in this immediately, legal department is useless (Loyiso), customer services is useless, vodacom is useless!

i want this query resolved today, i want answers today and i want my cancellation forms today!

Last edited:

burn

Expert Member
My solution to my patience being tested by Vodacom was switching to another network. I am now much happier. Try it ;)

eonkruger

most definately, already changed to another provider, now to cancel my current contract and get this stupid query resolved!
so frustrated with them, useless!
i am so mad i am shaking lol!

Haldex

Expert Member
most definately, already changed to another provider, now to cancel my current contract and get this stupid query resolved!
Relax, have some coffee, Vdata will sort it out for you :)

StonerStuart

Expert Member
i know exactly how you feel... i had my issue stretched over 6 months, until finaly i got in contact with icasa so they could get Vodacom to cancel my contract so i never had to deal with that useless company ever again.

Try ICASA,

https://www.icasa.org.za/
Phone: 27 (11) 566 3000/3001
Email: info@icasa.org.za
Consumer Complaints: Consumer@ICASA.org.za

marine1

Honorary Master
Bud get hold of the consumer commission, that where I am going next. Seems they are the only ones Vodacom will listen to

HapticSimian

Honorary Master
Posting your phone number and email address on a publicly accessible forum? I'd suggest you edit your post, Eon.

chrissy

The way he answered VodacomData was just way off base. Maybe Legal Dept isn't doing their job, but he just tried to help.

J0n0

Expert Member
The way he answered VodacomData was just way off base. Maybe Legal Dept isn't doing their job, but he just tried to help.
Have to agree with you there. His approach is off, not really called for towards someone offering to provide help.

eonkruger

@chrissy, I didn't mean to be mean but I just had enough, I do apologise if I have offended you in any which way.

I am sure you would have felt exactly the same way if not even the legal department can give you answers and not replying or providing you with any feedback at all. You would also feel exactly the same if you were never notified about this 7 year old balance, which after today is invalid thanx to a fault from vodacom and now I've got a bad name with credit providers, so my next step will be to get confirmation about this and ensure that my name will be cleared which we all know is another headache.

So I appreciate your comment, and just for the record, I was not being mean to him all I want is this whole thing to be sorted out.
Then again, at the end of the day, if everybody should be "polite" then everyhting will be done correctly from teh start and a forum like this would not be necessary?

VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
@chrissy, I didn't mean to be mean but I just had enough, I do apologise if I have offended you in any which way.

I am sure you would have felt exactly the same way if not even the legal department can give you answers and not replying or providing you with any feedback at all. You would also feel exactly the same if you were never notified about this 7 year old balance, which after today is invalid thanx to a fault from vodacom and now I've got a bad name with credit providers, so my next step will be to get confirmation about this and ensure that my name will be cleared which we all know is another headache.

So I appreciate your comment, and just for the record, I was not being mean to him all I want is this whole thing to be sorted out.
Then again, at the end of the day, if everybody should be "polite" then everyhting will be done correctly from teh start and a forum like this would not be necessary?
Hi eonkruger

Kindly note that i still haven't received any feedback from you concerning your details.

Even if i'm not directly responsible for resolving your query,I do know some people that can assist.

eonkruger

morning VodacomData

Legal department contacted me yesterday and admitted that there has been a problem with some consilidation and thus did not update my records, my only concern is that it took them 7 years to realize it, anyways, everything has been resolved, I just need to wait 7 days for my name to be cleared at the "Credit Provider Association (CPA)", hopefully it will be updated at NCR and all of the other providers also.

Feedback received:
1. settlement letter received
2. apology letter received
3. balance updated as "invalid"

People involed and very helpful:
Yolande Nel
Nassar Berdien

@VodacomData, if I was mean to you in the beginning with my first reply, i do apologize, it was not my intent and i know it was not your fault but i just had enough, just happy that everything is sorted out and that the balance is settled as "invalid".

So once again, thank you for your help.