Vodacom will charge you to roll over mobile data

garp

Executive Member
The whole concept of expiring data is morally reprehensible. You paid for it, it should be yours until you use it. Data is not food, it doesn't go off if you don't use it.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
No fanbois or spokes-people defending this to the gills? Wow, rare sight in VC threads .......

ekske1

Executive Member
So in a nutshell vodacom is once again doing everything in its power to take as much money from their customers as possible.
After falling to fix the R2.00 OOB because if implementation / code base limitation and keeping it there for the $$$s; are you surprised? :sneaky:

Emjay

Executive Member
The whole concept of expiring data is morally reprehensible. You paid for it, it should be yours until you use it. Data is not food, it doesn't go off if you don't use it.
You are paying for access to a portion of the network for a specific period. You analogy is incorrect. It's like paying for a time limited pass for access to a highway.

Swa

Honorary Master
What a bunch of disgusting clowns. It's a disgrace how there can be so many implementations of the "regulations" and they're all correct. They can charge more to rollover your data than the cost of a new bundle and they'd be complying. There's nothing stopping them from making out of bundle the default option and resetting it with every bundle so you have to disable it only after using your bundle and already incurring additional costs.

You are paying for access to a portion of the network for a specific period. You analogy is incorrect. It's like paying for a time limited pass for access to a highway.
Which begs the question why? Any access to a highway is pay as you use and not for a time whether you use it or not.

Daruk

Honorary Master
What ever happened to the "law" ICASA was going to introduce about airtime not expiring - is that unrelated?

Emjay

Executive Member
Which begs the question why? Any access to a highway is pay as you use and not for a time whether you use it or not.
Because you are paying for a set amount of access to a resource within a specific time period...

3Gee

Expert Member
With who's money did you think they were going to pay Makate

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Following the publication of our article, Vodacom removed the rollover charges page from its website.

The company told MyBroadband it is currently reviewing its pricing and “will communicate this on the planned launch date 1 March”.
What about transferring data on contracts?

When I try (on USSD) it says I must phone 082 135. When I phone, such an option is not available in the voice menus, and when I spoke to an agent she said it is not possible to enable transfers.

tibbydudeza

What a bunch of greedy ****tards … seriously they already keep track of data usage … it is like the bank telling me they need to charge to me extra to maintain my balance in my account from month to month otherwise it will all disappear.