Vodacom's website is a complete and utter mess

RVQ

Expert Member
LOL... was just on the site trying to find the iPhone packages, gave up...

rorz0r

Executive Member
Lol. I actually tried to compare data bundle's last week. Vodacom's site between myself and a coworker we guessed correctly the third time. MTN he gave up and I kept clicking about and eventually found the right page, no idea how I got there then. CellC was very straightforward, first click.

cronjec

Vodacom's website is a complete and utter mess

Vodacom’s website is nearly as complicated and user-unfriendly as the company’s voice and data packages

I am so glad I am not the only one experiencing this. I remember their old site being just as terrible (long complaint threads in this very same forum) and Vodacom promising the new site will fix all the issues about 18 months ago.

Apart from being a confusing maze to navigate, there always seem to be certain parts not working or giving errors. The website also logs you out at random as you navigate certain pages, prompting one to log in again.

Such a large ICT company with such a bad web-presense - it is beyond belief. I would fire whoever is in charge of the website's development and contract a few competent people to take it over. They just seem unable to get it right.

latro

But it's unsustainable to have simplified packages/website etc! People will cease to be confused!

Yep, I said it^

rorz0r

Executive Member
What sucks is that the vodacom direct site actually used to be somewhat usable for finding out what phone y will cost on package x. Ever since the redesign you cant see anything except a few specials etc.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
A lot of companies struggle to get their websites right, but that's pretty sad for a company of Vodacom's size and stature.

Simpy

Apple doesn't even feature under the Manufacturer section on the left when you do a search...

EPIC FAIL.

BGE

Expert Member
I don't blame the web developers, but rather Vodacom's product strategists(or whatever they call them). A confusing product offering like their's(and MTN's for that matter) must be a nightmare of epic proportions to decipher and present on the web in a logical & usable format! I bet they have quite a bit of staff turnover in that department(or appointed agency)...

BGE

Expert Member
Apple doesn't even feature under the Manufacturer section on the left when you do a search...

EPIC FAIL.

Notice that last night too, thought they don't offer iphones... anyway I settled for a Samsung S2 from CellC for R249.00/month...

oh1one

I've been thinking this ever since I started using their website. I also use Cell C for data and that's much better. If, rather when I port voice number to Cell C, I won't have to put up with a useless website. Or maybe I'm not the target market? i.e. it's made for sending free sms's.

rory

I wonder if anyone at vodacom reads these threads. I have written to them several times saying I think they should fire their web development team as nothing works properly and very difficult to use.
When one is logged in and one tries to send them a contact us message they come back saying that I have not been verified and I still need to give them tons of personal details to verify myself in several emails later. This is still not corrected as far as I am aware.

BGE

Expert Member
When one is logged in and one tries to send them a contact us message they come back saying that I have not been verified and I still need to give them tons of personal details to verify myself in several emails later. This is still not corrected as far as I am aware.

That's a clear sign... they seriously don't give a stuff for your opinion!

stricken

Expert Member
I wonder if anyone at vodacom reads these threads. I have written to them several times saying I think they should fire their web development team as nothing works properly and very difficult to use.

Dont fire the Developers... fire the middle management shiny shoe people with nothing better to do than provide input (read instructions) to make things work a certain way without having a clue how to develop (and i mean this in the sense they fix one problem but create 10 others because they do not THINK like a developer)

rory

Dont fire the Developers... fire the middle management shiny shoe people with nothing better to do than provide input (read instructions) to make things work a certain way without having a clue how to develop (and i mean this in the sense they fix one problem but create 10 others because they do not THINK like a developer)
Agree probably not the programmers fault as they are working under instructions from the rest of the web development team.