VOIP Handsets

Dave

Honorary Master

feo

Honorary Master
Free to use, free to receive calls, pay for outgoing calls.

My price list in GBP

https://static.sipgate.com/sipgatebasic/download/sipgate-basic-tariffs.pdf

Basic tariff only applies to US/UK/DE numbers AFAIK.

I see they do have a service for other international numbers, including SA, but I don’t know the costs involved.

https://teamhelp.sipgate.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/204089332
Sorry for all the questions, I could just Google but it's better asking a human.

Do you know if it's possible to setup FreePBX so that I can have both a softphone (Zoiper) and maybe a couple of handsets all ring at the same time when there's an incoming call? That's primarily my end goal.

Dave

Honorary Master
Sorry for all the questions, I could just Google but it's better asking a human.

Do you know if it's possible to setup FreePBX so that I can have both a softphone (Zoiper) and maybe a couple of handsets all ring at the same time when there's an incoming call? That's primarily my end goal.
I’ve never used it, you would be better trying to ask the dev or devs via whatever support channels they have.

It’s obviously easy to implement if my free to use service implements it, so I’m surprised if it’s not generally available.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

Quite easy to achieve.

Set up a ring group called incoming. Add each extension to this ring group in a “ring all strategy”

Register each softphone/device to the extensions above.

Create an inbound route and set that to the ring group called incoming.

Now when a call comes in, any extension linked to the ring group will ring.

feo

Honorary Master
Quite easy to achieve.

Set up a ring group called incoming. Add each extension to this ring group in a “ring all strategy”

Register each softphone/device to the extensions above.

Create an inbound route and set that to the ring group called incoming.

Now when a call comes in, any extension linked to the ring group will ring.
Thank you!

Do you know if there any guides on this?

I still have to setup a VM/container in Proxmox for FreePBX.

Also, this will work for providers like Switchtel, Fresh and Vox?

Clarotech

Clarotech representative
Company Rep
Thank you!

It's a pretty simple web interface, so should be easy enough to figure it out.

Should work with any SIP provider.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Thank you!

I don't know of any off hand, but just googling "Create a Ringall group with freepbx" returned a result that looked to describe it pretty well. Try this one: https://mangolassi.it/topic/12331/creating-ring-groups-with-freepbx-13

Make sure you're not NATing your connection to your VM, your network needs to bridge. A double NAT will have you running in circles.

Any SIP provider will work - your SIP trunk will register with the provider. You'll need to configure an inbound route with the Ring group as a destination.

DM me if you have any issues.

Thanks

When I did it with Switch Telecom... it was pretty painless... however valid point, they gave me a new number on the physical landline which has been impossible to cancel... that was 3 years ago.
Be super careful with Switch Telecom. I know someone who just lost R8k this morning thanks to Switch Telecom security not being up to scratch. Also, some of their call rates are ridiculous, I've spotted international call rates on their CDRs that work out as high as R400 per minute to some African countries that you can call on Telkom for R8/min.

leonb

Be super careful with Switch Telecom. I know someone who just lost R8k this morning thanks to Switch Telecom security not being up to scratch. Also, some of their call rates are ridiculous, I've spotted international call rates on their CDRs that work out as high as R400 per minute to some African countries that you can call on Telkom for R8/min.
To which African country? Also, please expand on the R8k losses, how it happened etc.

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
Ok so I built a smal VoIP PBX at home.
It is currently a VMWare ESXi instance on the HP Microserver...
Its as easy as chips to get going.. downloaded and booted the Linux image as provided by 3CX.
Busy getting a single SIP trunk to handle incoming/outgoing to an 087 number

Can you please be more specific. I have just signed up with them, they only have positive 5 star reviews on Hellopeter - no complaints, so would appreciate clarity on call rates you quote and security issues. Thanks.

We went with the Siemens A510IP (there are newer models)- can take up to 6 VOIP accounts (one of then for us is Freshphone) and also you can link your old DECT "analogue" handsets as extra extensions...R1750 from Cool Ideas at the time.
Can one connect a Panasonic cordless DECT phone to Yealink W60B. Does one need additional hardware to affect this? Thank you. Maybe cheaper to buy the Snom being sold on Gumtree.

Dave

Honorary Master
Can one connect a Panasonic cordless DECT phone to Yealink W60B. Does one need additional hardware to affect this? Thank you. Maybe cheaper to buy the Snom being sold on Gumtree.
You need an ATA to connect a cordless DECT phone to VOIP.

Here’s an example
https://www.amazon.com/Cisco-SPA112-Port-Phone-Adapter/dp/B00684PN54/

I use a Linksys ATA, have done so for years without any problems.

This should link to the search page on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_6?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ata+adapter+voip&sprefix=ATA+ad,aps,223&crid=1KYPZJC6L8UPE

georgegolding

Euphoria Telecom
Company Rep
I'm looking at getting the new Yealink W60P cordless VOIP phone. Yealink is highly rated by a number of members on MBB. It comes with docking station and long talk & standby time. This seems to sell (with the VOIP adapter) for about R1850...and you can link up to 8 handsets. Anyone know where I can purchase this at a good price?
I suggest this new Yealink launched for home use

https://www.webantics.com/yealink-w53p-mid-level-dect-ip-phone-base

Secondarily with a Dect solution, such as the above, you can have one sip account and multiple phones assigned to it. Hence they can all ring and and make calls using the same single sip account.