MMMR_14

Hi
I would like to know if anyone has tried Vox Telecom Fatpipe capped package and is it any good? I am switching from Telkom uncapped (slowest speed and bad service) and I am looking for a new ISP. I use about 75GB a month on a 4 meg line, mainly on P2P downloads and streaming. I need an ISP that does not throttle. Which will be the best ISP?
Please Advise

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Hi
I would like to know if anyone has tried Vox Telecom Fatpipe capped package and is it any good? I am switching from Telkom uncapped (slowest speed and bad service) and I am looking for a new ISP. I use about 75GB a month on a 4 meg line, mainly on P2P downloads and streaming. I need an ISP that does not throttle. Which will be the best ISP?
Please Advise

That will be the best account you've ever used.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are using it at the office - great performance.

akescpt

Honorary Master
that fatpipe is delicious. the way internet is supposed to be.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Hi
Please Advise

:D

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yeah pretty much best capped account out there. Premium stable unshaped bandwidth. Once you go Vox you never wanna go back..... ;)

I'm using it since launch. No account comes even close :)

MMMR_14

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated...It looks like Vox is the way to go!

W@P

Expert Member
Also month to month contracts ? Just cancel before certain day in the month ? I am trying AH capped account and so far so good. Vox does look tempting though.

thewusman

Expert Member
What is the billing and carry-over data / data use accuracy like ?

See a few threads on the forum that shows some weird stories of inflated bills / inflated data usage / slow resolution of issues.

That's the only thing putting me off at the moment from giving them a try.

KinsZA

Expert Member
I am testing on 20mbit

fatpipe
afrihost capped
webafrica home capped

I am failing to see fat pipes benefits at all, can someone point me where I would actually notice anything ?

Edit: This is so far, FTP, Http, Speedtest, Tracert to UK and US and really I found during office hours internatonal to be better with vox, local inferior with vox it's the only difference I'm managed to find.

VOX
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/140483846373813371814-mini.png

WA Home Capped
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/140483862051091496364-mini.png

Last edited:

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I am testing on 20mbit

fatpipe
afrihost capped
webafrica home capped

I am failing to see fat pipes benefits at all, can someone point me where I would actually notice anything ?

Consistency. Doesn't matter what time of the day I use it, I always get full speed.

Screenshot%202014-06-23%2020.09.59.png

KinsZA

Expert Member
Maybe if you use the internet in the middle of the day, I ran those tests 10 mins ago and well the WA one actually won it.

Edit: Netflix tested, no difference

I guess maybe a daytime thing.

Last edited: