VW Citi Golf "breaks in two" after hitting tree

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
09.03.28accidentn14--297x250.jpg

Still think its cool to drive a car that was developed in 1974?

Next rather buy something a bit more modern with at least a 3 Star EuroNCAP rating (hint : The new Sh1t1 with airbag is still a 0 star NCAP car).

Original story at http://www.dieburger.com/Stories/News/19.0.1420064881.aspx

Pitbull

Verboten
I have photo's here somewhere of a red VW (Velocity) that crashed about 3 weeks ago. 2 Coloured people 1 dead other went to hospital, dono if he made it. Car was also broken in 2.

I'll have to try and find it.

Keeper

Honorary Master
way to go freaking out half the population into buying a new car - should get the car market back onto it's feet soon.....

Stokstert

Executive Member
That engine "breaking off feature", is a safety feature so that it doesn't enter the driver compartment to injure the driver and passengers. :D

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
way to go freaking out half the population into buying a new car - should get the car market back onto it's feet soon.....

Not the general new-car-buying-public though - just would-be VW-buyers. There are MUCH better alternatives to VW on the market.

DOOMIE61

ever since one of my friends died in one of those piece's of ****:mad: i hate those cars so much!! they should really stop making those crappy cars or completey re-design it from scratch!!

JK8

Banned
Stay away from trees in Paarl!!:eek:
Did he/she die? I dont understand Afrikaans so well.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord

Hey, I try to do something good at least once a day :)

Not the general new-car-buying-public though - just would-be VW-buyers. There are MUCH better alternatives to VW on the market.

I whorship the ground you walk on ! ;)

ever since one of my friends died in one of those piece's of ****:mad: i hate those cars so much!! they should really stop making those crappy cars or completey re-design it from scratch!!

They have much better cars like the Gol and Fox, but then again they are a Nazi company so what do you expect...

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
From : http://www.dieburger.com/Stories/News/19.0.1420064791.aspx

George. – ’n Man is Saterdag dood toe die motor wat hy bestuur het hier teen ’n boom gebots en in twee geruk is. Mnr. Jacques du Preez (27) van Boschendal, George, het glo die dag herstelwerk aan die motor gedoen.

What are the odds of that being a Sh1t1 as well... Lets see, it broke in two (very Sh1t1 like) and he had to make some repairs to it earlier in the day (also very Sh1t1 like)...

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
lucky them. what car did Princess Diana die in again? :rolleyes:

Lets see, it was doing 105km/h, did NOT break in two and the occupanst wearing their seatbelts (the front passenger only) survived the crash. I'd have to say a W140 S-Class :D

It has been noted that Diana, Princess of Wales died while travelling in a Mercedes-Benz S280 (W140), and it was an unfortunate side-effect of her high-profile death that the Mercedes' safety record was called into question. However, it is important to note that all of the car in question's safety systems functioned as designed, expanding both drivers' and passenger airbags and saving the life of Trevor Rees-Jones, Dodi Al-Fayed's bodyguard, who benefited from the front-passenger airbag. The fact that three of the car's four occupants were killed in the crash should be attributed more to the high speed of the vehicle, the intoxication of the driver and the fact that three of the four of the occupants were not wearing a seatbelts(only the suvivor). The Mercedes safety systems were circumvented by the driver's and passengers' decisions.

Last edited:

JK8

Banned
Didnt some guy split his brand new 335i in Rustenburg last year?