We have solved our network problems: Cell C CEO

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Time for Mybb to put this to the test? Test in multiple areas in and around Joburg and test for data speed, dropped calls and call quality and call setup time?

SinghDude

Chief Sports Analyst
Jose is smoking some of the good shyte...

CellC sucks.... I know...I am stuck with them

Ecco

Executive Member
They have said this before and nothing really had changed.

Ecco

Executive Member
Time for Mybb to put this to the test? Test in multiple areas in and around Joburg and test for data speed, dropped calls and call quality and call setup time?
Agree, this would be the best way to see what had changes. Take the last test they did as a baseline and compare.

FlashSA

Executive Member
This week alone, I have called 3x 084 numbers belonging to customers. First call goes straight to voicemail. I call again immediately and it rings and the client answers. Porting.co.za confirms all 3 are on Cell C.

This is exactly what I had to endure for 24 months on their network as a subscriber. Missed calls all day long even though the phone had full signal.

Your network is still rubbish Dos Santos!

ngwenyas

Can't be on par lol definately not better. You can only compare when you have the same number of subscribers as the giants

Mavix

I think I might just agree, a few months back I couldn't get any signal at my place, let alone Edge, at night, but now it seems to be working 100% with HSDPA.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I think I might just agree, a few months back I couldn't get any signal at my place, let alone Edge, at night, but now it seems to be working 100% with HSDPA.
So they've solved the issue probably in a few areas?

Chingha

Expert Member
“I am convinced that our network quality is at the same level or better than MTN and Vodacom.”

Those are sum weasel words rights there

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Hahahahahahahahahah, what a laugh!!!!!!!

Still sitting in PTA CBD, still intermittent data connection.

i have been with CellC for 3 and a half years now, your network is shyte. I never had a days problems with Vodacom. So ja, next upgrade i'll rather pay premium prices for a premium service. Enough with this best effort CellC crap.

The_MAC

Executive Member
+1

And please, this time please post proper drive-test results, and not a little summarised table or spot testing..

sajunky

Honorary Master
Using Cell C LTE for few months. Not a single problem. Speeds are fater than with Vodacom.
Sometimes local traffic goes through Europe (eq. MyBB), but not at the moment.

kianm

Honorary Master
Yeah thanks, but my problem with you CellC is the spam messages you send me. I do not want free anything

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Send me a cellc sim and I will plug it into my router to test.

Not buying yet another one to try it.