Web Africa ADSL general feedback

I came here to see if I was the only person experiencing very bad streaming quality, and general browsing problems... Seems like it's time to start looking for another ISP... :(
 
Hi WebAfrica Helper
With the recent IPC cuts can we expect to see any revisions in your ADSL product offerings?If so when?

Hi ajules,

I've passed your query to our Product manager and we should be able to do something for our customers as soon as this issue is resolved with our upstream provider.
 
@Webafrica Ticket number 2519513 still waiting for a response. Currently getting 20kB/s on a download using a capped account.
 
My SO got WebAfrica to confirm that their service is shocking to the point of being unusable and yet they refused his refund. After lots of fighting and him pointing out that they can't agree that their service is unusable and then refuse a refund, they're finally doing a refund.

I highly suggest the rest of you do the same. Hit them where it hurts and maybe they'll start sorting their issues out. As it stands, their Home Uncapped is not worth the money it cost to host the account details on their site. WebAfrica just keeps getting worse every year. High time people started standing up against it.
 
@Webafrica Ticket number 2519513 still waiting for a response. Currently getting 20kB/s on a download using a capped account.

Hi Hecate,

I see that our guys have replied to your query and our upstream service provider has informed us that this issue has been alleviated this afternoon, in some areas, and we will be monitoring our network.
 
My SO got WebAfrica to confirm that their service is shocking to the point of being unusable and yet they refused his refund. After lots of fighting and him pointing out that they can't agree that their service is unusable and then refuse a refund, they're finally doing a refund.

I highly suggest the rest of you do the same. Hit them where it hurts and maybe they'll start sorting their issues out. As it stands, their Home Uncapped is not worth the money it cost to host the account details on their site. WebAfrica just keeps getting worse every year. High time people started standing up against it.

Hi Zewp,

Please PM me your account details so I can assist.
 
Hi Hecate,

I see that our guys have replied to your query and our upstream service provider has informed us that this issue has been alleviated this afternoon, in some areas, and we will be monitoring our network.

Don't have anything to download but streaming from youtube is having issues.
 
Hi Zewp,

Please PM me your account details so I can assist.

I don't really know what you want to assist with. The account was canceled a few days ago with immediate effect, no calendar month nonsense. We spent months crapping on Telkom for exchange issues just to finally figure out that the problem was actually just that the ISP was crap.

Your CEO should be ashamed for taking your clients' money for this garbage. Your network performance is atrocious and your support is non-existent. At this point the only thing you still need to do is start sharing accounts then you'll be just as bad as OpenWeb. For shame.
 
The last few mornings I have found browsing SO slow which is annoying for a 10 meg line and browsing is the very basic level of service.

Very annoying
 
OK so webafrica today is d-day for m̶e̶ you. What is the status of your upstream provider and when will this be fixed I am not going another month with 200ms in local games and almost dead browsing and youtube.
 
OK so webafrica today is d-day for m̶e̶ you. What is the status of your upstream provider and when will this be fixed I am not going another month with 200ms in local games and almost dead browsing and youtube.

Demand an immediate cancelation and refund for the period since the problems started. These clowns are dragging their feet and lying to their customers.

Maybe if they were the ones to lose money for a change, they'd change their mindset.
 
Do I need to switch ISPs again, or is this issue going to be resolved soon?

Hi darkangel,

Are you in Gauteng or Western Cape because our upstream service provider has alleviated the congestion issue in the Gauteng region so far and they're still working to fix this problem in the Western Cape region as well. But please PM me your account details so I can investigate this issue. We're really sorry for the frustration this is causing you.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X