Web Squad ISP

Seeyou

Expert Member
This thread is understandably most frequently used for complaints/problems as a quick escalation to support, but it's only fair to post good feedback too.

After a small rearrangement of my LAN and change of router, I've had some of the best web/streaming/nttp/gaming performance I can remember these past few days. Credit where it's due - thanks @websquadza

cobusv

These traces show issues a little further upstream. We've escalated to our upstream for investigation. Good news is we have some new Transit capacity coming online over the next week or two. Updates to follow
Hello @websquadza any idea when the changeover is happening? and if i may be cheeky enough any feedback on the ipv6?

websquadza

WebSquad
Hello @websquadza any idea when the changeover is happening? and if i may be cheeky enough any feedback on the ipv6?
Busy bringing up services nationally, configuring filters and testing. Should see some changes early next week.

With regards to v6 on trenched, still a little work on the 6to4 tunnel setup (ideally we want this as automated as possible) - will update as soon as we're ready to start testing.

Zodiak

Hi guys, anyone else getting major packet loss and rubber banding tonight? COD Modern Warfare unplayable

cobusv

Busy bringing up services nationally, configuring filters and testing. Should see some changes early next week.

With regards to v6 on trenched, still a little work on the 6to4 tunnel setup (ideally we want this as automated as possible) - will update as soon as we're ready to start testing.
Thank you sir!

Zodiak

Hi guys, anyone else getting major packet loss and rubber banding tonight? COD Modern Warfare unplayable
I'm still having these issues, none of my friends are experiencing this but my game is like a slide show and becoming unplayable. My ping is fine and showing almost no packet loss. I wonder what could be causing this....

Zodiak

Also seeing this now, Speedtest won't run and showing that it is trying to find an optimal server

1594500053281.png

websquadza

WebSquad
I'm still having these issues, none of my friends are experiencing this but my game is like a slide show and becoming unplayable. My ping is fine and showing almost no packet loss. I wonder what could be causing this....
COD is local right? Still the MWEB servers? If so, I think it could be the JINX route again. Going to drain advertisements to Optinet on JINX, let me know if you see any improvements.

Something just went mega wobbly
Seeing a sharp (+-20% traffic drop), short dip in traffic towards the Vuma NNI (AEX) at about 22:40 - lasted a min or two. Levels are back to normal though. Didn't affect any other client edge traffic, so definitely something on the AEX NNI end. Will see what else I can pick up.

Also seeing this now, Speedtest won't run and showing that it is trying to find an optimal server

View attachment 873245
Seeing weird behaviour with speedtest.net and IPv6 enabled clients (I see your IPv6 is enabled) today. Been trying to figure this one out all afternoon - will keep looking into it... When I disable v6, it works this end. Going through chrome console, it seems a few dns dependencies are failing to resolve in IPv6- but weirdly not falling back to IPv4. Also check your cookies settings. Disabling Chrome protection on these helps after a min or two.

Last edited:

Zodiak

COD is local right? Still the MWEB servers? If so, I think it could be the JINX route again. Going to drain advertisements to Optinet on JINX, let me know if you see any improvements.

Seeing weird behaviour with speedtest.net and IPv6 enabled clients (I see your IPv6 is enabled) today. Been trying to figure this one out all afternoon - will keep looking into it... When I disable v6, it works this end. Going through chrome console, it seems a few dns dependencies are failing to resolve in IPv6- but weirdly not falling back to IPv4. Also check your cookies settings. Disabling Chrome protection on these helps after a min or two.
COD is local indeed, playing on 10 - 40ms ping depending on the match. Not sure who hosts it locally though. Did try a match now this morning and no rubber banding so looking promising but I will test throughout the day and will let you know if the issues return later.

Will check the Chrome settings but yes, eventually the Speedtest does run but there is like a few minutes delay before the test starts.