Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Likely packet loss on the FNO side (no network notices yet). You can run an MTR to confirm. Submit a ticket for tracking.

Hi guys, is there an issue tonight, local speed test.....

Ran some basic ping tests to some IPs in the Northriding area and definitely seeing about 25+% packet loss. You can confirm this from your end. I've emailed Evotel NOC

Zodiak

Ran some basic ping tests to some IPs in the Northriding area and definitely seeing about 25+% packet loss. You can confirm this from your end. I've emailed Evotel NOC

Thank you, complete disaster tonight, major packet loss and poor speed and this is second time in two weeks that this has happened.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Thank you, complete disaster tonight, major packet loss and poor speed and this is second time in two weeks that this has happened.
I’m on cool ideas and evotel and it’s unusable

Seems to be localised to the Evotel portion of the North riding network, Vumatel Aerial in the area is clear; so it's not AEX (backhaul). Likely a faulty OLT. Will wait for feedback from their NOC. No response yet.

Zodiak

Seems to be localised to the Evotel portion of the North riding network, Vumatel Aerial in the area is clear; so it's not AEX (backhaul). Likely a faulty OLT. Will wait for feedback from their NOC. No response yet.

Thank you, the speed is still extremely poor.

DarkSt0rm

Internet outage?

Edit: seems it's just my area (friends don't have any issues). Will open a ticket don't know how fast vuma fixes these things.

Last edited:

ghostRgg

Expert Member
Internet outage?

Edit: seems it's just my area (friends don't have any issues). Will open a ticket don't know how fast vuma fixes these things.
Vuma is generally pretty fast on fixing things, but only if they know about it >.>

Napalm

Expert Member
How can we get the pings to london better. I play Apex legends... and pings @ 150-160 is pretty hectic.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
How can we get the pings to london better. I play Apex legends... and pings @ 150-160 is pretty hectic.
Only way to get lower pings is by playing in other regions where ISP's have good routing to ie. JHB to Baharain gets 130ms from JHB. If you have Singapore routing via that east coast cable you get decent ping to Singapore, or via SACS to Brazil you get lower.

150 to London is what it is, it takes 140ms from CT to London.

electrofreeze

Expert Member
hi
can someone from Web Squad with vuma trenched 100/100 fiber please post some speedtests to Coreix London
thanks