Web Squad ISP

Seeyou

Expert Member
Feel like I'm being ignored. Am I the only one in CPT with high pings? 180ms+ to locations that were previously ~140ms.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Feel like I'm being ignored. Am I the only one in CPT with high pings? 180ms+ to locations that were previously ~140ms.

No, not only you but I had the same thing with Rocketnet previously. Frankfurt servers used to be ~150ms then they were at ~180ms and now they're at ~190ms. Have no idea why but didn't get fixed on Rocketnet and not fixed on Websquad and I see CoolIdeas folks also complaining about it so it's not only one ISP.

Honestly I just want speeds to JHB to be fixed before worrying about international :(

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

Not being ignored. we’re waiting for updates on these routes from our upstreams. There are a bunch of changes being made at the moment- we will update you as soon as we have some feedback
No, not only you but I had the same thing with Rocketnet previously. Frankfurt servers used to be ~150ms then they were at ~180ms and now they're at ~190ms. Have no idea why but didn't get fixed on Rocketnet and not fixed on Websquad and I see CoolIdeas folks also complaining about it so it's not only one ISP.

Honestly I just want speeds to JHB to be fixed before worrying about international :(

Still the same line issue. Much of the same from Octotel. Their L2 NOC is always a pain to deal with.

CrypticZA

Expert Member

We (Cool Ideas) are complaining because they switched away from carrying traffic to Amazon themselves so they using Amazon transit... change is 155ms to 200ms to Frankfurt...

Seeyou

Expert Member
The irony is that latencies to other parts of Europe (Frankfurt, Amsterdam) are actually improving as I'd been hoping for for quite some time, but London etc. are getting progressively worse.

JustAnotherSouthAfrican

The irony is that latencies to other parts of Europe (Frankfurt, Amsterdam) are actually improving as I'd been hoping for for quite some time, but London etc. are getting progressively worse.

Same issue here too, DE and NL I'm getting great latencies, but the UK tends to give me higher results than either of those locations. Previously I got latencies of 144ms to London, now I'm consistently seeing anywhere from 164ms to 175ms.