Web Squad ISP

Seeyou

Expert Member
Thanks for this btw - feels a lot better, even with the increased latency to some destinations.

Edit: Case in point, best result I've ever gotten to London:

Were the changes rolled back @websquadza ?

Noticed things were a little slow in loading this morning and I see we're going over Liquid Telecom now instead of Cogent?

duanesf

Hi, any known issues in Sandton area (Gallo Manor exchange)? I have a flashing blue CPE light. Started about an hour ago. Logged a ticket already.
@websquadza can you please assist? I still do not have internet access and haven’t had a response to my ticket. Nobody is picking up at the call centre either - not sure if they are closed for today.

duanesf

@websquadza can you please assist? I still do not have internet access and haven’t had a response to my ticket. Nobody is picking up at the call centre either - not sure if they are closed for today.
Never mind - they just got back to me.
FYI to anyone else in the area - Vumatel were addressing the issue this morning. Hopefully should be sorted soon.

IdlePhaedrus

Expert Member
Can you please forward one of these emails to support, would like to see who they're from? We're not sending any marketing mails at the moment, so it's definitely not from our list. If it's from Octotel, we'll also ask them to stop.
These are from Webafrica on Octotel. Have had 3 emails and an SMS or two. Prices are good for entry level (special until the end of the year if I read the fine print correctly), but I am not moving.

IdlePhaedrus

Expert Member
Speaking of Octotel: There's been a subtle speed bump for all clients on 15 and 30 Mbps packages. You will find that you've got a little more horsepower for free as of today. 15 Mbps > 35 Mbps, and 30 Mbps > 50 Mbps. Sorry, nothing on the larger packages.

Not seeing this yet. Will check again tomorrow...

Seeyou

Expert Member
Were the changes rolled back @websquadza ?

Noticed things were a little slow in loading this morning and I see we're going over Liquid Telecom now instead of Cogent?

Liquid Telecom is growing on me. Definitely faster than the previous upstream, but still not quite as fast or responsive as Cogent overall. Was this changed for better latencies from CPT?

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Liquid Telecom is growing on me. Definitely faster than the previous upstream, but still not quite as fast or responsive as Cogent overall. Was this changed for better latencies from CPT?
Going to take a wild stab here and see if i am right in the end... Liquid Telecom do the whole SAFE cable thing so thats probably why.

I use to use a VPN server from NordVPN that used them for transit and use to get decent latency to Asia :(

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

We’re not allowing inbound traffic over Liquid (we’re still testing their inbound) - the gains are all from other changes made over the last week. Remember what you see on a forward trace isn’t necessarily the reverse. More information will be supplied once we’ve rolled out these changes network wide. But we’re glad to see the improvements are showing.

Going to take a wild stab here and see if i am right in the end... Liquid Telecom do the whole SAFE cable thing so thats probably why.

I use to use a VPN server from NordVPN that used them for transit and use to get decent latency to Asia :(

Nope. Those are PCCW routes. Liquid use China Telecoms to get to Asia in a transit swap agreement as far as I know.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
We’re not allowing inbound traffic over Liquid (we’re still testing their inbound) - the gains are all from other changes made over the last week. Remember what you see on a forward trace isn’t necessarily the reverse. More information will be supplied once we’ve rolled out these changes network wide. But we’re glad to see the improvements are showing.

Nope. Those are PCCW routes. Liquid use China Telecoms to get to Asia in a transit swap agreement as far as I know.
Ah okay was worth a shot :) liquid use to get me decent latencies to Asia via VPN but yea... the VPN providers changed on Nord.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
something has died here in springs, cant get onto epic, twitter, prime video, a host of things are broken

eg twitter
1623945114005.png

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
something has died here in springs, cant get onto epic, twitter, prime video, a host of things are broken

eg twitter
View attachment 1090731

No known issues, traffic levels look good. Can you PM me your IP and DST IPs / URLs on these MTRs?

same for me in Boksburg . Can’t access many services while others run fine.
Also let me know what services.