Web Squad ISP

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Is anyone here in the Northriding area using the Websquad 1000/500 service on Evotel? If you do a speedtest, do you get anywhere near those speeds? Even when it was 1000/100 I was having issues. I am currently getting Down 391.76 and up 75,05 plugged in directly to my CPE via a LAN cable.
Im in the area but on Vumatel Trenched. I get my speeds.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Is anyone here in the Northriding area using the Websquad 1000/500 service on Evotel? If you do a speedtest, do you get anywhere near those speeds? Even when it was 1000/100 I was having issues. I am currently getting Down 391.76 and up 75,05 plugged in directly to my CPE via a LAN cable.

Can you send through a ticket to support, they will be happy to help. Our team will run some tests with you and then pick it up with Evotel.

eddief1

Expert Member
@websquadza Just had an issue to CloudFlare and all services running over CloudFlare. Google services were fine (search engine, YouTube, etc). MyBB, Discord, and the cloudflare.com website as well as my company's site (CF proxied) were all inaccessible.

Edit: CPT, Vuma Trenched. Came back up after about 2 minutes.
looks like cloudflare CT re-routed

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
No matter how many times I run TCP Optimizer, click Optimal, have it apply and reboot, when I re-open the program and compare Current to Optimal again, the current settings are still what they were before. This is while running as Administrator. Strange program.
Rather do this

Edit: As admin:
netsh int tcp set supplemental template=internet congestionprovider=cubic

Last edited:

darrencon

Can you send through a ticket to support, they will be happy to help. Our team will run some tests with you and then pick it up with Evotel.
I have logged another ticket this morning but it is always the same old story about submitting speed tests but the issue never gets fixed

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
I have logged another ticket this morning but it is always the same old story about submitting speed tests but the issue never gets fixed

Without speed tests, we have little to get on Evotel’s case about. This is likely a line issue or faulty ONT. Please work with our team to resolve this issue, it is a process with Evotel.

Seeyou

Expert Member
New service expected up later this week for testing. Will keep you updated. Querying the logs for your connection in the meanwhile to help with diagnosis.

Very much looking forward to this. Just got black-holed for a transfer with the same speed limit I've been using for the past week.

Seeyou

Expert Member
Rather do this

Edit: As admin:
netsh int tcp set supplemental template=internet congestionprovider=cubic

Reading up on this, I understand what it does and the theory behind it, but why isn't it enabled by default in Windows 10 since it was added? I can't seem to find much about it in actual usage or benchmarks/comparisons between having it enabled/not.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Reading up on this, I understand what it does and the theory behind it, but why isn't it enabled by default in Windows 10 since it was added? I can't seem to find much about it in actual usage or benchmarks/comparisons between having it enabled/not.
Vendors don't get it. Guys that do it right are apple, linux and openwrt.

Best is to follow David Taht.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
What's the difference between the netsh command and the powershell changes they mention in the article?
I couldn't get the powershell ones to work so used netsh. Haven't yet bothered to see what is the correct PS ones.

Seeyou

Expert Member
Seeing some loss to international. Starts at hop 3 it seems. Is that your network, @websquadza ?
1632317943316.png

Edit: I see the loss doesn't carry through the whole route, so likely just dropped ICMP packets and Octotel's usual sh*te.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
My fibre line is less than a year old and has gone down 6 times. One downtime incident was in the region of 15 days. The others vary from a few hours to a few days.
This is vumatel trenched.

Now I'm in the fortunate position of having access to openserve fibre aswell but am really trying to avoid going Telkom related.

If you were me, would you stick it out with vumatel or make the switch to openserve?