Web Squad ISP

DarkSt0rm

I've got a rather interesting problem, and I'm not sure what the heck is going on. Not sure if its a 'me' problem or a general problem with battle net.

I've been trying for the past several hours (once in a while, at least 12 times since around 10am] to download the EU Battle.net launcher - but every download I get 'Failed - Network Error' in Chrome, and IDM just resets the download constantly.

The download was also exceptionally slow (75KB/s max). I ran a tracert to the EU battle net URL the file was coming from, and it showed pretty normal results. I tried downloading the file after the tracert and it downloaded successfully at around 2MB/s

Could someone try to reproduce the above?

Hingisp

Any else having bad download speeds tonight, buggering etc. Very erratic as well. But not getting near line speed. Vumatel trenched in KZN

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Any else having bad download speeds tonight, buggering etc. Very erratic as well. But not getting near line speed. Vumatel trenched in KZN
Not seeing issues our end. Can you try speed testing to the Vumatel handover (go to shop.vumatel.co.za > speedtest > Durban) and open a ticket.

wingnut771

Executive Member
yes, but i'm with afrihost, so i guess it's good ol' backhaul to jhb, story of my life, as vuma speedtest is fine but anything to jhb is iffy and only in the evenings. i'm ready to burn it down now, can't wait for rain's uncapped 5G.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
yes, but i'm with afrihost, so i guess it's good ol' backhaul to jhb, story of my life, as vuma speedtest is fine but anything to jhb is iffy and only in the evenings. i'm ready to burn it down now, can't wait for rain's uncapped 5G.
Tested our backhauls from Teraco Durban to Teraco JHB and also to Cape Town, able to max out our available capacity.
That’s why I asked about handover performance... if you’re affected tonight, I’m inclined to believe there’s an issue on the trenched network.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Tested our backhauls from Teraco Durban to Teraco JHB and also to Cape Town, able to max out our available capacity.
That’s why I asked about handover performance... if you’re affected tonight, I’m inclined to believe there’s an issue on the trenched network.
its ok now, try again between 7-9pm tomorrow:

Hingisp

its ok now, try again between 7-9pm tomorrow:
View attachment 716201

Yes back to normal here, well kind of.. Speedtest app says OK but the vumatel handover you wanted says overwise @websquadza .. Still that peak hour traffic story around 7pm as you said. Amazing the slow down and erratic speeds you get in that rush hour time frame. It's terrible. My 1gig line slows right down to 40mbps on some tests and can't even get half the line speed over those hours.

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Yes back to normal here, well kind of.. Speedtest app says OK but the vumatel handover you wanted says overwise @websquadza .. Still that peak hour traffic story around 7pm as you said. Amazing the slow down and erratic speeds you get in that rush hour time frame. It's terrible. My 1gig line slows right down to 40mbps on some tests and can't even get half the line speed over those hours.
That handover test is my concern. KZN has much more capacity than it needs on our end, so not congestion here. Also, no reason @wingnut771 would experience exactly the same issue on Afrihost other than a last mile issue.

Can you test to the handover again today during peak hours, using two computers if you can, and update your ticket so we can escalate this to Vumatel?

wingnut771

Executive Member
That handover test is my concern. KZN has much more capacity than it needs on our end, so not congestion here. Also, no reason @wingnut771 would experience exactly the same issue on Afrihost other than a last mile issue.

Can you test to the handover again today during peak hours, using two computers if you can, and update your ticket so we can escalate this to Vumatel?
@websquadza, any reason why your dbn speedtest routes to jhb for me? using 9.9.9.9, tried 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.
both websquad server:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
@websquadza, any reason why your dbn speedtest routes to jhb for me? using 9.9.9.9, tried 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8.
both websquad server:

can you PM me your IP. Either we’re not learning that AH prefix in KZN or they’re not learning ours. Nonetheless, will be best to sort it out.

Hingisp

Here is results from midday today around 12:37..did 3 tests. 1 to websqaud durban, then to websqaud jhb (which is rather slow I might add for some reason) and then mweb server jhb.. Will run the same 3 tests peak hour this evening again to see what we get.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Here is results from midday today around 12:37..did 3 tests. 1 to websqaud durban, then to websqaud jhb (which is rather slow I might add for some reason) and then mweb server jhb.. Will run the same 3 tests peak hour this evening again to see what we get.
please include vuma speedtest aswell.