Weed growers thread

Jimmy-Z

I was also told it was bud rot and I must pull my plants - some stupid advice available on the net ....lucky I found out.
I was told to spray dish soap water .... but havnt tried it yet -
Spraying won't help. They're right inside the bud & protected from whatever you're spraying. I've found the only way is to open up the dead bud & kill the worm. I sprayed Ludwig's every other week with my current grow & still ended up with 15-20 worms in the buds.

RezN88

I was told it will keep them away , but not kill what’s there ?

krieg

I was told it will keep them away , but not kill what’s there ?
I read praying mantis eats them, I found a few in my garden the other day. I don't however see any worms or eggs if I break up the brown bud. I have resorted to cutting off the affected colas, lost a couple of nice main ones. Seems to be only on the outside colas usually main cola.

krieg

Apparently Neem Oil can also be used to repel, never heard of it but seems readily available.

RezN88

Neem work well but not in flower. I have also been warned about neem toxicity syndrome ,so wouldn’t over do it.
I find once the Bud is dead the caterpillar is already gone. You can find the buds just as they start going dead ( or brownish hairs ) , break it open and maybe find one. You can also pull just the little nug they are in of , if you find them in time , then or doesn’t spread as much in the cola.

RezN88

Fuc-krz - wanna kill them all, and throw PM into the sway to - learnt a lot this grow season - ain’t so easy - no shortcuts - unless you lucky

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Too many pages to go through. Can somebody please share a link to a nice guide for noobs. May or may not smoke it, my mom is interested in rubbing the oil on her joints (excuse the pun). Whether that works or not, she just wants to try it.

Somebody gave me this from the dry stock they carried.
B5DA648F-9F41-4C38-BF80-68F5F46369D0.jpeg

I put everything knuckle-deep in a small pot with some compost of top. I kept it in a spot that would receive maximum sunlight, watered it lightly everyday, and had it covered in cling wrap for the first few days to force germination.

Two days ago I removed the cling wrap and by the end of the day two shoots appeared! These are some photos taken today.
58AD9701-791C-4E64-B84E-697391813600.jpeg
3062A891-A529-419C-A163-01FFE1794566.jpeg
5938AF30-934F-4AE3-9E55-B9E290180FA6.jpeg

So what now? Just let it grow for a while of course. But what is all this talk of separating sexes? I thought it just grows (who separates it when it grows wild in the bush?).

As you can see I had placed multiple seeds in one pot and now have multiple shoots. Is this bad?

die_baas

I'm also still very noob so a link will be great.

When the plants mature a bit they will be either male or female. If the males are not removed then the buds will contain seed which is not preferred. So you need to remove the males.

The plants will grow quite big. More than 1m tall and you need to ensure they get good sunlight so it would be best if you can move them to separate pots. I would wait until they are bigger to repot.

RezN88

Wrong time of the year to be growing with sun , but I suppose any growing is practice. YouTube,YouTube and more YouTube.

krieg

Harvesting time, any advise on drying and curing would be great.
Just hang them up in a cool place with moving air for a week and move to glass for curing. I don't see any dark trichomes on the first photo? Did you wash the bud afterwards?

Unhlytrinity

Just hang them up in a cool place with moving air for a week and move to glass for curing. I don't see any dark trichomes on the first photo? Did you wash the bud afterwards?
She got caught in last nights down pour, so yeah got a good wash if unintentional. Re: to early to harvest, it is a little but she had no more fan leaves left and the suger leaves were starting to go yellow so wasn't left with much of a choice.

krieg

She got caught in last nights down pour, so yeah got a good wash if unintentional. Re: to early to harvest, it is a little but she had no more fan leaves left and the suger leaves were starting to go yellow so wasn't left with much of a choice.
Google dipping your plant in bicarb and lemon. Don't worry about the fan leaves I've had some plants totally naked for a couple of weeks now and they're still flowering.

Unhlytrinity

Google dipping your plant in bicarb and lemon. Don't worry about the fan leaves I've had some plants totally naked for a couple of weeks now and they're still flowering.
Cool, thanks for the advise and peace of mind. Fill read up on the bicarb thing.