Weed growers thread

Elmodidit

Morning people I'm considering doing a winter grow op as my summer yields weren't to good. Does anybody know of a decent LED supplier in cape town, I'm either going to do a DWC or a airoponics setup... Any reasonable priced lighting cause takealot got crap and I can't see myself waiting a month on AliExpress

Hi all.

I'm new to growing and just have a couple of mazes to navigate through.
I'd like to know whether it would be awkward to lowkey grow my weed outside on my apartment balcony?

Although we can grow in private I am just confused about the sectional title clauses in the Bill. I am not on a ground level where it could affect people, however, my "private balcony" is visible to residents across my block, so what does that mean?

I am attempting a Blue Dream outdoor for personal consumption however I am just worried it grows too big and people start looking at my balcony for obvious reasons...

welp,
Jade

Last edited:

The Horseman

Hi all.

I'm new to growing and just have a couple of mazes to navigate through.
I'd like to know whether it would be awkward to lowkey grow my weed outside on my apartment balcony?

Although we can grow in private I am just confused about the sectional title clauses in the Bill. I am not on a ground level where it could affect people, however, my "private balcony" is visible to residents across my block, so what does that mean?

I am attempting a Blue Dream outdoor for personal consumption however I am just worried it grows too big and people start looking at my balcony for obvious reasons...

welp,
Jade

It is always advisable to keep your grow out of sight, even if it is legal to grow for personal use. I have heard of people still getting their doors kicked in and being arrested, although these were much bigger than just personal grows.

You say you growing on your balcony, first question is light, how much light will the plant get? A weed plant needs minimum 8 hours direct sunlight to do well. You can grow in on a balcony, but without that direct sunlight your plants won't do well. If they are getting lots of direct sun, then they will grow nicely, perhaps too nicely. They will start to get really big if you don't do some training. Read up on topping cannabis plants, also fimming and low stress training. All of those are ways to keep your pant short and bushy rather than super tall.

RezN88

It is always advisable to keep your grow out of sight, even if it is legal to grow for personal use. I have heard of people still getting their doors kicked in and being arrested, although these were much bigger than just personal grows.

You say you growing on your balcony, first question is light, how much light will the plant get? A weed plant needs minimum 8 hours direct sunlight to do well. You can grow in on a balcony, but without that direct sunlight your plants won't do well. If they are getting lots of direct sun, then they will grow nicely, perhaps too nicely. They will start to get really big if you don't do some training. Read up on topping cannabis plants, also fimming and low stress training. All of those are ways to keep your pant short and bushy rather than super tall.
Wait till sept/oct to plant - and then I think everyone will have one on their balcony. It’s still private space - even though people can see it.
If you train it - you can keep it more compact.