Weed growers thread

semaphore

Honorary Master
Sorry, forgot to reply. The leca was at the bottom of my pots for drainage.

I haven't tested the water, just using municipal water.

If I go the promix organic medium in pots, which of the nutrients you mentioned would you recommend?
Anyone would work, but for sanity sake and ease I'd go the bio-bizz range, it's organic as well. If you want to experiment then you can try the hortimix that they make as well, but you'll need to ensure you have a ec/tds and ph pen.

biometrics

Honorary Master

semaphore

Honorary Master

biometrics

Honorary Master
if you're growing in organic you use the grow and bloom, if you're growing an inert media you get the fish mix. You can use leca or some drainage stones if you really want to.
Please excuse my stupidity but I'm not really following. Is "organic" your garden soil vs "inert" being coco?

semaphore

Honorary Master
Please excuse my stupidity but I'm not really following. Is "organic" your garden soil vs "inert" being coco?
Organic also referred to as living soil, is medium with things like compost, kelp, biochar, insect frass etc. Anything that can give microbiobal life a fighting chance. Inert is purely just coco and perlite, zero nutrient profile with the exception of sometimes calcium buffering.

krieg

Any idea what to do with excess cannabis, I still have two kilograms that I don't have a use for that I want to process into something useful?

C4Cat

Executive Member
Any idea what to do with excess cannabis, I still have two kilograms that I don't have a use for that I want to process into something useful?
Edibles/butter and/or oils and/or creams?

krieg

Edibles/butter and/or oils and/or creams?
Looking for specifics. I have made FECO oil before, problem is you can only do 100 grams at a time in a rice cooker and it takes a long time to evaporate all the ethanol. So this is basically 10 batches using about 20 litres of ethanol. I'm looking for ways to handle a large volume in a short amount of time. I was looking at those hash bubble bags but too expensive at the moment for me. The butane extraction method is also not for me.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I know Vredekloof. This is not that fancy stuff you smoke this is Swazi at most worth less than R10 a gram.
I use Swazi or skunk as a base with indoor etc but just kidding. Sorry can't help with your situation but dont throw it away

krieg

I use Swazi or skunk as a base with indoor etc but just kidding. Sorry can't help with your situation but dont throw it away
I think I'll only be throwing away from next year on. It's just filling up my deep freeze at the moment. Just found out they have stock of ethanol so this weekend I'll probably start making some batches of oil.

If you don't mind trimming and curing you can have some, just remind me next week some time and I'll get in touch.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I think I'll only be throwing away from next year on. It's just filling up my deep freeze at the moment. Just found out they have stock of ethanol so this weekend I'll probably start making some batches of oil.

If you don't mind trimming and curing you can have some, just remind me next week some time and I'll get in touch.
Thank you, very kind of you.