Weed growers thread

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I actually wish they would make a 30 litre pot. The size of the pot will determine the maximum size of the plant up to a point. Just from my own personal experience if you use a 20 litre pot your plant won't go over 1 to 1.2 metres. From the pics online with a 40 litre pot it goes quite a lot bigger. Just very expensive if you're using organic soil as you would need twice the soil per plant but you will have bigger yields.
I dont need the biggest yield ever but think I will buy a bigger pot than the 20 L and mix the soil to bring costs down a bit.

krieg

I dont need the biggest yield ever but think I will buy a bigger pot than the 20 L and mix the soil to bring costs down a bit.

Just a thought, if you use something like Freedom Farms soil and add something on your own you negate any benefits, I would rather mix my own mix and use that rather if you decide to go bigger. Last year I bought a cube of organic potting soil which I mixed with vermiculite and perlite and some other minerals.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Just a thought, if you use something like Freedom Farms soil and add something on your own you negate any benefits, I would rather mix my own mix and use that rather if you decide to go bigger. Last year I bought a cube of organic potting soil which I mixed with vermiculite and perlite and some other minerals.
Thanks for the heads up really appreciate it. Will contact you closer to planting time.

Nimzo-Indian

As I understand the female is the one that grows the buds, and when a male is present the plant puts more energy into seeding than growing massive buds ie. leads to lower yields.
I'm a novice tho, better get advice from the old hands..

Thanks

I've located and removed the males from the batch.

Anyone here know if there are any nutrients I need to or should get to help with my grow?

All I've done is throw seeds into a pot with potting soil - Nothing else. They seem to be doing, just wondering if there is anything more I should be adding?

Also, I noticed this morning that one of the plant's leaves are starting to turn yellow at the bottom - Any ideas?

Thanks

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Is there perhaps an app that can help a first grower like myself? Something where you add a seed, inform the app that germination is done and let the app remind you when to water, when to move for more light etc?

Does such a thing exist?

saor

Honorary Master
Is there perhaps an app that can help a first grower like myself? Something where you add a seed, inform the app that germination is done and let the app remind you when to water, when to move for more light etc?

Does such a thing exist?
Like any plant, you need to give it attention and move & water when it's at the right stage & depending on soil etc. Nothing grows according to such a strict schedule. Don't overthink it - it's just a plant.

What seeds you using?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Like any plant, you need to give it attention and move & water when it's at the right stage & depending on soil etc. Nothing grows according to such a strict schedule. Don't overthink it - it's just a plant.

What seeds you using?
Krieg on the forum has been more than helpful with my first grow but I feel bad pestering people all the time and not in the mood to waste R20000.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
When I bought my pots etc for my grow I also bought a 3 part nutrient. I have to start adding mpk from next week on but Im not sure if this will push the plants into flowering stage.

I planted in the middle of September and I dont want the plants to start flowering yet as Im only in week 7 now.

I have attached a picture of the feeding schedule to help make sense of what Im asking.

Im growing outdoor.

Jimmy-Z

When I bought my pots etc for my grow I also bought a 3 part nutrient. I have to start adding mpk from next week on but Im not sure if this will push the plants into flowering stage.

I planted in the middle of September and I dont want the plants to start flowering yet as Im only in week 7 now.

I have attached a picture of the feeding schedule to help make sense of what Im asking.

Im growing outdoor.
If it's not in pre-flower, then dont bother with mpk. You'll be wasting nutrients. Continue with current feeding till you see a couple of hairs. Also feeding mpk wont cause flowering. Only the light cycle will start the flowering phase (unless you're growing autos)

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
If it's not in pre-flower, then dont bother with mpk. You'll be wasting nutrients. Continue with current feeding till you see a couple of hairs. Also feeding mpk wont cause flowering. Only the light cycle will start the flowering phase (unless you're growing autos)
Ah ok thank you very much for the help, really appreciate it.

agustino

Some pictures of my ladies. The ones in the fabric pots were germinated on 17th of September, the lemon haze and the sour grape I have no idea how old they are, they were given to me by a friend.

Bro you are expert on weed

s0lar

Anybody cooking their own super soil? Had to skip on blood meal as I couldnt find it locally. Am supplementing with coffee grounds to get the N up. Just going to take a lot longer to cook.

Anybody know where you can source blood meal locally?

dam

All my plants have tons of seed, same thing for my friend who lives 10km away from me. We are in Cape Town, Southern suburbs. It's basically become impossible to grow here now. Never had this problem before in 10 years of growing here. Now that it's legal everyone is growing but few know what they are actually doing, so now we have male plants blowing pollen across the entire peninsula :(

krieg

All my plants have tons of seed, same thing for my friend who lives 10km away from me. We are in Cape Town, Southern suburbs. It's basically become impossible to grow here now. Never had this problem before in 10 years of growing here. Now that it's legal everyone is growing but few know what they are actually doing, so now we have male plants blowing pollen across the entire peninsula :(

Considering a greenhouse next grow for this very reason.

dam

Considering a greenhouse next grow for this very reason.
I am thinking green house too. Also going to try grow auto's out of season, will be smaller, but less chance of seed.

krieg

I am thinking green house too. Also going to try grow auto's out of season, will be smaller, but less chance of seed.

Auto's might be the way to go, trying that with regular seeds will just result in plants going into veg cycle after or during the bloom cycle. If you can carry your plants you can put them under lights during the night time to supplement the lighting. Too much effort for me.

Nibiru

Every single grower I have spoken to say they were disappointed by Autos.