Weed growers thread

krieg

Ok cool thanks. I will contact you closer to the time then thanks.
I see Hydroponics has moved even closer to me. You can start looking at getting your seeds so long. If you're going for overseas genetics I would plant them 10 weeks before the summer solstice giving you two months veg growth. Swazi takes a lot longer so goes in earlier but if you're too early you risk re-veging the plant.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I see Hydroponics has moved even closer to me. You can start looking at getting your seeds so long. If you're going for overseas genetics I would plant them 10 weeks before the summer solstice giving you two months veg growth. Swazi takes a lot longer so goes in earlier but if you're too early you risk re-veging the plant.
Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Ok so this year Im trying my hand at growing a couple of outdoor plants (Cape Town) as I dont have space to do indoor.

Can one plant now already? I have access to www.hydroponic.co.za but not sure what to get in terms of growing medium, nutrients etc.

Im not going to go full out and measure this and alter that etc etc but would obviously want a healthy couple of plants.

Could someone advise as to what to get from hydroponic / builders / plant shop and if its possible to start planting now already.
Start 1 October.

I have had more luck with nutrients than making my own mix or growing in soil (sometimes it was awesome though).

I use their nutrients:

And medium:

You'll need about half a bag per largeish pot.

Serious organic growers will pull up their nose at this but it works well.

Make sure to get lots of sun and little wind.

Seeds from many places incl:

Make sure to get feminised but not auto flower.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Start 1 October.

I have had more luck with nutrients than making my own mix or growing in soil (sometimes it was awesome though).

I use their nutrients:

And medium:

You'll need about half a bag per largeish pot.

Serious organic growers will pull up their nose at this but it works well.

Make sure to get lots of sun and little wind.

Seeds from many places incl:

Make sure to get feminised but not auto flower.
Thanks for the links, exactly what I was looking for.

The wind is going to be a major problem, no idea how Im going to work around the wind issue

The_David

Saw one of these at Builders, see also available at Marko.

Was around R1400 at builders. What you guys think? Will need to be properly secured down as its pretty light.
The material is solid plastic not shade net.

Tweebeenvis

Saw one of these at Builders, see also available at Marko.

Was around R1400 at builders. What you guys think? Will need to be properly secured down as its pretty light.
The material is solid plastic not shade net.
I've used one of these in the past. Great for seedlings and germination but rubbish for anything more. Plants don't get nearly enough light and the quality is not great, plastic was brittle after a year.

The_David

I've used one of these in the past. Great for seedlings and germination but rubbish for anything more. Plants don't get nearly enough light and the quality is not great, plastic was brittle after a year.
Good to know thanks.

Cosmic_Nomad

Screenshot from 2019-08-25 11-07-57.png

@Tweenbeenvis try this guy his email and info is situated " Top right"

Another thing about the capsule , the type you need to look for have "ring seals " the others are for powder only.

Cosmic_Nomad

@The_Mowgs

The problem with wind, monkeys and leaf miners etc was sorted out pretty easy and cheap.

I built this in a morning.. less than R1500.00

If I was you I would build your soil now as it needs two months to bake , and two months to make the microbes etc. You will only have to water them..no chemicals

Red wood forests don't have fertilizer factories pouring NPK on them every month, they make their own. Biggest trees in the world.

I do what this guy does, takes time.

Attachments

C4Cat

Executive Member
First a disclaimer: Do I think you should drive while stoned? No. I'm not saying there is no impairment and no risk but I feel it's an unnecessary waste of time and money given that the effect of cannabis is nothing like alcohol. Stoned drivers are fully aware of being stoned and take safety measures to counteract any impairment (like driving slower, for example), unlike drunk drivers who think they can drive perfectly when they can't even walk properly, and drive faster due to lowered inhibitions. The cost of such highly specialized technology far exceeds the risk a stoned driver presents and is inherently unreliable. Even the effect of cannabis is different between users, depending on many factors, including how experienced one is with driving and also with being stoned.

Take the following research, for example:
"studies that measure the presence of THC in the drivers' blood or oral fluid, rather than relying on self-report tend to have much lower (or no) elevated crash risk estimates. Likewise better controlled studies have found lower (or no) elevated crash risk estimates".[12] The study found that "after adjusting for age, gender, race and alcohol use, drivers who tested positive for marijuana were no more likely to crash than those who had not used any drugs or alcohol prior to driving".[5
the United Kingdom's Department for Transport reviewed data on cannabis and driving, finding "Cannabis impairs driving behaviour. However, this impairment is mediated in that subjects under cannabis treatment appear to perceive that they are indeed impaired. Where they can compensate, they do, for example
An extensive 2013 review of 66 studies regarding crash risk and drug use found that cannabis was associated with minor, but not statistically significant increased odds of injury or fatal accident. The estimated fatal crash odds for cannabis (1.26) were lower than: opiates (1.68), antianxiety medications (2.30), zopiclone (sleep medicine) (2.60), cocaine (2.96), and amphetamines (5.17). The estimated injury odds for cannabis (1.10) were lower than: antihistamines (1.12), penicillin (1.12), antianxiety meds (1.17), antidepressants (1.35), antiasthmatics (1.31), zopiclone (sleep medicine) (1.42), cocaine (1.66), and opiates (1.91). The study concluded: "By and large, the increase in the risk of accident involvement associated with the use of drugs must be regarded as modest...Compared to the huge increase in accident risk associated with alcohol, as well as the high accident rate among young drivers, the increases in risk associated with the use of drugs are surprisingly small."[19]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_and_impaired_driving#Effects_on_driving
Perhaps we need breathalyzers for antihistamines, penicillin, antianxiety meds, antidepressants and antiasthmatics, all of which pose greater risk for drivers under the influence of such medication.

Cosmic_Nomad

I work for company's that test you before they even think of giving you an overall or take your boot size. You will not get work if you smoke on the weekends , you can do coke etc and will be out of your system by the week and they do the test and pass. Guys can drink lekker every night till 21:00 and be fine for work if they have had supper etc. I can smoke my self miff for one weekend and it wont be out your system to quick.

I agree you cant smoke on or before the job as that would be dangerous. I dont smoke and drive ( I end up driving so flipping slowly )
My point : This would make life much easier when getting work in general for the casual smoker.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
First a disclaimer: Do I think you should drive while stoned? No. I'm not saying there is no impairment and no risk but I feel it's an unnecessary waste of time and money given that the effect of cannabis is nothing like alcohol. Stoned drivers are fully aware of being stoned and take safety measures to counteract any impairment (like driving slower, for example), unlike drunk drivers who think they can drive perfectly when they can't even walk properly, and drive faster due to lowered inhibitions. The cost of such highly specialized technology far exceeds the risk a stoned driver presents and is inherently unreliable. Even the effect of cannabis is different between users, depending on many factors, including how experienced one is with driving and also with being stoned.

Take the following research, for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_and_impaired_driving#Effects_on_driving
Perhaps we need breathalyzers for antihistamines, penicillin, antianxiety meds, antidepressants and antiasthmatics, all of which pose greater risk for drivers under the influence of such medication.
I fully understand what you mean but dont support it 100% because myself for example would probably not be the best driver when stoned, if I forced myself I would be fine but I drove stoned once and it was had, think I was doing 15kmph.

But this is the same for alcohol where I can have 5L of beer and still be able to drive better than most sober people.

Look, it boils down to me being stoned currently so there's a slight chance this makes no sense but I hope it does.

The Horseman

I am onto my 3rd harvest for the year. Will post some pics when I can. Glueberry Dutch Passion, 2nd run of this strain and it is simply amazing. Easy grower, nice yields, lady has some strongs about her, no issues with bugs or burn, she just soaks up the light and does what she needs to. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice OG Kush tasting monster. Smokes like a dream too, all you taste is berries!