Weed growers thread

Squirrel73

what size fans ? is that actual draw ?
The Fans are HYDOR HIT 250B: 230V; 50Hz; 2480rpm and draw 1119m3/h
Both 400 and 600 LEDs are MarsHydro

Attachments

Tweebeenvis

Anyone help why some of my seedlings are yellowish ?/QUOTE]

They look fine. Just keep the peat pellets moist and plant them as soon as the roots start coming out. Make sure the grow space is not too hot and the light not too close.

Ill Evan

Howzit peeps, got my second grow of the year to show off.

This time went with Sweet Deep Grapefruit from Dinafem, bought from Medical Cannabis Seed Bank. Link: https://www.cannabisseeds.co.za/buy-cannabis-seeds/feminised/sweet-deep-grapefruit/

Last grow was with some average seed that I wasn't entirely certain of the origins, came out alright though, but I felt confident enough with that grow to use a few of the Dinafem seeds that I got for this one.

I had my expectations set at harvesting at the end of this month, with a flush for 3 full days (DWC setup) but it's getting super ripe at the moment and the resin production is out of control. Can probably blame the cold weather for that. I want to hold out at the very least to end of next week because I think the addition of a booster agent that I introduced two weeks ago has really made the buds swell and I think it's got a little more oomph to give before I call the harvest.

Much easier grow during Winter in comparison to starting a grow in Summer. Virtually zero problems, it was actually pretty breezy.

Enjoy the pics.

DSC_0007_01.jpgDSC_0007_1.JPGDSC_0017.JPGDSC_0018.JPG

Cosmic_Nomad

Ill Evan looking tops !! I will try post some of my grow tomorrow.

Trichomes galore on those girls....

Agree on the growing in winter part.

Humboldt are my goto.

# update on the pictures,20190731_121629.jpg20190731_192526.jpg20190731_121457.jpg20190802_145848.jpg20190802_145837.jpgsorry for the potato camera pictures

Last edited:

Cosmic_Nomad

Found that this works well with the soil I have been fiddling with for the last two months.

The plants in the round green containers checked light for the first time on 24:07:2019

Biggest seed in the world must have something good to offer!

Attachments

Tweebeenvis

Made some caps and cookies :D Came out quite good. I used MCT for the caps but some of them leak after a while. Probably due to the quality of the caps but thinking I'll use 100% coconut oil next time. Anyone have any tips for a noob? :D

Attachments

Cosmic_Nomad

Made some caps and cookies :D Came out quite good. I used MCT for the caps but some of them leak after a while. Probably due to the quality of the caps but thinking I'll use 100% coconut oil next time. Anyone have any tips for a noob? :D
Is it dissolving the pill or is the pill leaking?

Using vegetable or glycerine pill cases ?

Storage of the pill cases when empty and when full ?

That's of the top of my head

Tweebeenvis

Is it dissolving the pill or is the pill leaking?

Using vegetable or glycerine pill cases ?

Storage of the pill cases when empty and when full ?

That's of the top of my head
Cap is not dissolving but starts leaking after a while. I've tried both veg and gelatin caps. I try to keep the caps in a cool dry place as recommended. I've seen a lot of sites say that MCT caps will leak due the viscosity of the oil (apparently way too thin). Some recommend adding some beeswax. Will give it a shot I suppose :unsure::unsure:

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Ok so this year Im trying my hand at growing a couple of outdoor plants (Cape Town) as I dont have space to do indoor.

Can one plant now already? I have access to www.hydroponic.co.za but not sure what to get in terms of growing medium, nutrients etc.

Im not going to go full out and measure this and alter that etc etc but would obviously want a healthy couple of plants.

Could someone advise as to what to get from hydroponic / builders / plant shop and if its possible to start planting now already.

krieg

Ok so this year Im trying my hand at growing a couple of outdoor plants (Cape Town) as I dont have space to do indoor.

Can one plant now already? I have access to www.hydroponic.co.za but not sure what to get in terms of growing medium, nutrients etc.

Im not going to go full out and measure this and alter that etc etc but would obviously want a healthy couple of plants.

Could someone advise as to what to get from hydroponic / builders / plant shop and if its possible to start planting now already.
Too early for Cape Town now wait until after the Spring equinox. I have lots of small plants that came up from when I harvested, seeds falling on the ground, none of those plants are higher than 15 centimetres after a couple of months so the weather plays a big role.

You can get everything at hydroponics. Nutrients depend on which medium you choose, if you choose organic soil you won't need any nutrients.

Tweebeenvis

Any of you guys tried testing the potency or cannabinoid levels of your bud? I'm looking for a cheap lab or reliable equipment to do my own tests.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Too early for Cape Town now wait until after the Spring equinox. I have lots of small plants that came up from when I harvested, seeds falling on the ground, none of those plants are higher than 15 centimetres after a couple of months so the weather plays a big role.

You can get everything at hydroponics. Nutrients depend on which medium you choose, if you choose organic soil you won't need any nutrients.
Ok cool thanks. I will contact you closer to the time then thanks.