Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

He cut out the stuff that was making him retain water. It's not like he is starving himself (we assume :p ). The weight loss will slow down and normalise to a more "normal" rate over time.

The challenge in the long run will be to keep the weight off, as the faster it comes off then the easier it is to put back on.

Thanks for the good reply.
 
....
Sinbad explained this in a lot more detail pages back.

This reply?
At the outset of LCHF, when you have a lot to lose, this happens.
To be frank, a lot of it is actually water (you deplete your glycogen stores, and glycogen contains a lot of water)
OK, so when one hits the carbs again your weight shoots up as you replenish your glycogen stores? Ahh.....
 
This reply?

OK, so when one hits the carbs again your weight shoots up as you replenish your glycogen stores? Ahh.....

If you binge on carbs, then weigh yourself in the next day or two, you'll shoot up 2-3kg
 
My wife wants to give the whole LCHF thing a good as she is struggeling with some post pregnancy weight.

Where do you guys get your eating plans from? How much should she eat?

I have quickly gone through the topic so might have missed a good source of information that someone might have posted.
 
My wife wants to give the whole LCHF thing a good as she is struggeling with some post pregnancy weight.

Where do you guys get your eating plans from? How much should she eat?

I have quickly gone through the topic so might have missed a good source of information that someone might have posted.

Buy the Real Meal Revolution red book. Read it from cover to cover. Anyone doing LCHF MUST understand the science behind it otherwise it is useless.

Also look at www.dietdoctor.com/lchf - great newbie read
 
Buy the Real Meal Revolution red book. Read it from cover to cover. Anyone doing LCHF MUST understand the science behind it otherwise it is useless.

Also look at www.dietdoctor.com/lchf - great newbie read

Or the Dr Atkins Diet Revolution book. It's a bit less geared to product placement :p
 
Or the Dr Atkins Diet Revolution book. It's a bit less geared to product placement :p

Thing is with Atkins, which I first tried, he doesn't emphasise fat enough. I never fault properly full. Following LCHF, by adding butter etc I am now on 2 meals a day and am completely satisfied after meals. The fat is the key as many of us know.
 
Thing is with Atkins, which I first tried, he doesn't emphasise fat enough. I never fault properly full. Following LCHF, by adding butter etc I am now on 2 meals a day and am completely satisfied after meals. The fat is the key as many of us know.

OH hang on yeah I remember this. I have an older Atkins book. After he died, his foundation removed a lot of the fat stuff in an attempt to make it more acceptable to the mainstream.
 
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Hope it works as it has been 6 months and I think she is getting frustrated by not being able to return to her normal weight.
 
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Hope it works as it has been 6 months and I think she is getting frustrated by not being able to return to her normal weight.

My wife has gradually put on weight since we started dating. She then naturally put on a lot of weight during our first pregnancy which she could not lose. She tried every diet without much success as they all required willpower and made life miserable.

She then joined me on LCHF and lost nearly 10kg's but at a very slow rate - I had to coach her as she got upset that I lost a lot faster but she found the food awesome and we ate like kings together. She is now pregnant again so she has introduced more fruit and veg as I have not found enough solid info re LCHF while pregnant.

As soon as she gives birth she will go back onto LCHF.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X