Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

Bugger you :D

I've weighed every morning. Keeping a spreadsheet as well, bastard guy. All on the same scale. So if it's wrong... it's wrong... but if you've met me before, you know that 131 was a accurate starting point :D


Ja boet, just teasing :D...but really take Randhir's advice and weigh every week. There's a psychological issue with this....your motivation is better because you see a bigger improvement from the previous weight.
 
My apologies for posting my pics of before and after on the Noakes diet. I really didnt think it would upset so many people. I read the book, made my own decision to start this way of lifestyle, and it has worked wonders for me, not just externally, but internally too. I have had my medicals at work, and in comparison to my latest, i am far healthier than when i joined the company 6 years ago. Those that are starting / on LCHF, congrats from my part. I did it, and so can you. I personally feel i need to lose another 3kg's, and then i believe i can maintain my weight on LCHF. It's not a diet to me, but a change in lifestyle. Whether you agree or disagree with the LCHF route, that is your opinion, and only those that are fanatical believers of alternatives will have a problem with LCHF, especially after seeing first hand my before and after pics. Therfore, i again apologise for unsettling those fanatics. As mentioned in above posts, can we please get back to the advice, and progress details of this thread, as its meant to be?

No apology needed. You don't have to justify how you chose to lose the pounds to anyone. This is what worked for you and anyone who doesn't agree can go take a flying leap.
 
We're both going camping this weekend, and we know what that means.

I just have to warn you now:
As a big guy, you're probably used to chugging down dop and taking ages to get drunk. This superhuman tolerance for alcohol is greatly reduced when on a ketogenic diet. So plan accordingly.

And my god. The hangover.

Serious? So I'll be a cheap date? Awesome! LOL

It's probably accurate, but don't bother weighing yourself every day. Try every week.

I'm not weighing for motivation. Purely statistical. Weekly weights don't look so good on a spreadsheet, and no drill down.

Sorry, it's the MIS guy in me that wants to know daily :D
 
Thanks for the useful post.

Read my reply about glycogen stores and water.

All "diets" i have tried in the past has given me such big results at the start... the food i have to eat is what normally makes me give up.

Now with all the support I have here, and the yummi recipes everyone share I'm sure I'm going to see it through this time :D
 
Serious? So I'll be a cheap date? Awesome! LOL

:D

I'm not weighing for motivation. Purely statistical. Weekly weights don't look so good on a spreadsheet, and no drill down.

Sorry, it's the MIS guy in me that wants to know daily :D

Fair enough, just realise that you could be 400g heavier on Tuesday than on Monday, and know that day to day fluctuations aren't going to mean much in the long run.

All "diets" i have tried in the past has given me such big results at the start... the food i have to eat is what normally makes me give up.

Now with all the support I have here, and the yummi recipes everyone share I'm sure I'm going to see it through this time :D

Yeah, it's a big part of why people are able to be more consistent on this diet.
 
Serious? So I'll be a cheap date? Awesome! LOL



I'm not weighing for motivation. Purely statistical. Weekly weights don't look so good on a spreadsheet, and no drill down.

Sorry, it's the MIS guy in me that wants to know daily :D
You and LaraC should get together
 
I weigh myself every Wednesday at 5pm, wearing the same clothing. There's too much noise if you don't give yourself reasonably similar test conditions.
 
I weigh myself every Wednesday at 5pm, wearing the same clothing. There's too much noise if you don't give yourself reasonably similar test conditions.

that's why i weigh every morning, after my morning bowl movement, in just me underpants.

now go scrub your brains with alcohol or something :D
 
Losing 3 kgs in 3 days, unless I am reading it wrong. . . No I am not a expert,but that seems excessive.

3.5 excuse you me

did always happen to read that i'm built like an oversized beach ball?

can you tell me how i should tell my body to not loose so much weight, or at least slower?
 
Losing 3 kgs in 3 days, unless I am reading it wrong. . . No I am not a expert,but that seems excessive.
He cut out the stuff that was making him retain water. It's not like he is starving himself (we assume :p ). The weight loss will slow down and normalise to a more "normal" rate over time.

The challenge in the long run will be to keep the weight off, as the faster it comes off then the easier it is to put back on.
 
He cut out the stuff that was making him retain water. It's not like he is starving himself (we assume :p ). The weight loss will slow down and normalise to a more "normal" rate over time.

The challenge in the long run will be to keep the weight off, as the faster it comes off then the easier it is to put back on.

starving myself. definitely not. I never used to eat breakfast, i eat breakfast now. i normal had 4 slices of bread with coldmeat and cheese for the whole day. I just had a piece of steak and some cauliflower from the dish i made last night from Apoc.... so no... i'm definitely not starving myself... :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X