Bugger you
I've weighed every morning. Keeping a spreadsheet as well, bastard guy. All on the same scale. So if it's wrong... it's wrong... but if you've met me before, you know that 131 was a accurate starting point![]()
Ja boet, just teasing
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Bugger you
I've weighed every morning. Keeping a spreadsheet as well, bastard guy. All on the same scale. So if it's wrong... it's wrong... but if you've met me before, you know that 131 was a accurate starting point![]()
Back on topic.
3 days on my diet/lifestyle change/lchf, and the scales said that I've lost 3.5kg
My apologies for posting my pics of before and after on the Noakes diet. I really didnt think it would upset so many people. I read the book, made my own decision to start this way of lifestyle, and it has worked wonders for me, not just externally, but internally too. I have had my medicals at work, and in comparison to my latest, i am far healthier than when i joined the company 6 years ago. Those that are starting / on LCHF, congrats from my part. I did it, and so can you. I personally feel i need to lose another 3kg's, and then i believe i can maintain my weight on LCHF. It's not a diet to me, but a change in lifestyle. Whether you agree or disagree with the LCHF route, that is your opinion, and only those that are fanatical believers of alternatives will have a problem with LCHF, especially after seeing first hand my before and after pics. Therfore, i again apologise for unsettling those fanatics. As mentioned in above posts, can we please get back to the advice, and progress details of this thread, as its meant to be?
Back on topic.
3 days on my diet/lifestyle change/lchf, and the scales said that I've lost 3.5kg
That cant be healthy.
We're both going camping this weekend, and we know what that means.
I just have to warn you now:
As a big guy, you're probably used to chugging down dop and taking ages to get drunk. This superhuman tolerance for alcohol is greatly reduced when on a ketogenic diet. So plan accordingly.
And my god. The hangover.
It's probably accurate, but don't bother weighing yourself every day. Try every week.
That cant be healthy.
Thanks for the useful post.
Read my reply about glycogen stores and water.
Serious? So I'll be a cheap date? Awesome! LOL
I'm not weighing for motivation. Purely statistical. Weekly weights don't look so good on a spreadsheet, and no drill down.
Sorry, it's the MIS guy in me that wants to know daily![]()
All "diets" i have tried in the past has given me such big results at the start... the food i have to eat is what normally makes me give up.
Now with all the support I have here, and the yummi recipes everyone share I'm sure I'm going to see it through this time![]()
You and LaraC should get togetherSerious? So I'll be a cheap date? Awesome! LOL
I'm not weighing for motivation. Purely statistical. Weekly weights don't look so good on a spreadsheet, and no drill down.
Sorry, it's the MIS guy in me that wants to know daily![]()
I weigh myself every Wednesday at 5pm, wearing the same clothing. There's too much noise if you don't give yourself reasonably similar test conditions.
after my morning bowl movement, in just me underpants.
Because you know so much about weight loss?
Losing 3 kgs in 3 days, unless I am reading it wrong. . . No I am not a expert,but that seems excessive.
Losing 3 kgs in 3 days, unless I am reading it wrong. . . No I am not a expert,but that seems excessive.
I weigh myself every Wednesday at 5pm, wearing the same clothing. There's too much noise if you don't give yourself reasonably similar test conditions.
He cut out the stuff that was making him retain water. It's not like he is starving himself (we assumeLosing 3 kgs in 3 days, unless I am reading it wrong. . . No I am not a expert,but that seems excessive.
He cut out the stuff that was making him retain water. It's not like he is starving himself (we assume). The weight loss will slow down and normalise to a more "normal" rate over time.
The challenge in the long run will be to keep the weight off, as the faster it comes off then the easier it is to put back on.