Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

Been relatively well behaved this week. I've stuck to my diet, so the sweetest thing that I have had all week is probably my bran flakes in the morning (I don't add sugar). Oh, I had a slab of dark chocolate on Saturday. I exercised on Sunday (legs and back), took the night off on Monday, Tuesday I did cardio, arms, chest and shoulders, and last night did legs and back again. Tonight hopefully cardio and arms, chest and shoulders again. Break tomorrow night and possibly something unhealthy for dinner, then Parkrun on Saturday morning.

Got a party/braai on Saturday night, so will need to decide what to bring.
 
Unlike me, you guys get to eat practically anything you want, so how is it you still manage to fall off the diet wagon?
 
Unlike me, you guys get to eat practically anything you want, so how is it you still manage to fall off the diet wagon?

Uncorrect.

Carb addict here. Put it in front of me when I'm hungry and I'll eat it. Wagonsmash.
 
I still envy you. I wish I could go on the lchf diet once I reach my goal weight, but I think a more strict diet works best for me cause once I start, I can't stop.
 
Unless you see it as a lifestyle change, you will not lose weight. It needs to be a permanent change, not a temporary one.

I remember weighing myself in 2009, and I think I weighed as much as 120kg at one stage. That is over 30kg more than I weigh now.

It wasn't even exercise that got me to under 100kg, and it wasn't even a low carb diet. It was just cutting out junk food, that is all. I used to have a chocolate bar with lunch, plus something sweet with supper. Every day. Plus something large for lunch with work, such as takeaway, or a sandwich plus chips plus the chocolate I mentioned.

All I had to do was stop the chocolate during the day, and cut down what I ate for lunch. I can't remember whether I still ate chocolate after supper on weeknights. I started eating fruit instead of chocolate and biscuits when I got hungry. Sometime in 2010, I weighed 95kg.

Now I don't eat chocolate during the week, although sometimes I have a weak moment and have rusks after work with tea (not recently though). I've changed my diet permanently, so it isn't difficult for me to keep up. I don't get cravings. I still eat chocolate, just not as much.
 
OK, dropped a kg so now at 104kg which puts me exactly where I was before xmas.

Week of CPT timeshare starts tomorrow but not planning on dropping off the wagon although my wife is stirring with chirps of Charlie's Bakery and the Magnum pop up shop. Doubt I will give in.

Currently sitting at Wimpy with the No Toast breakfast in front of me. Life is good.
 
So how are all you fatties doing so far? Still stuffing your faces with donuts and chocolate? Tsk tsk.

inb4 "It's genetic".

(I managed to actually gain 5kg from going on a no chocolate or soft-drinks diet since december)
 
Back to 79kg today, so it seems my body is storing a ton of water since the boxing started.

Back to training tonight!
 
So how are all you fatties doing so far? Still stuffing your faces with donuts and chocolate? Tsk tsk.

inb4 "It's genetic".

(I managed to actually gain 5kg from going on a no chocolate or soft-drinks diet since december)

Don't you mean you lost 5kg?
 
Jsheed, could I ask you a huge favour if you have the time? Please give me a quick overview of what you do in a session of boxing and time spent on it.

Eg: Bag work "x" mins blah blah

Have a punching bag set up at home but setting up my own "class" is tough.
 
Why not sign up for some group fitness classes i.e. boxing, kickboxing, muaythai type classes to get the ball rolling? I would do that if there was somewhere close I could go after work.
 
Jsheed, could I ask you a huge favour if you have the time? Please give me a quick overview of what you do in a session of boxing and time spent on it.

Eg: Bag work "x" mins blah blah

Have a punching bag set up at home but setting up my own "class" is tough.

It can be anything, but a typical workout consists of something like the below:

- 10-15 minutes skipping for warm up.
- Then it can be something like 1-2kg weights and you do punching for a few mins e.g. 2 mins jab, 2 mins hook, 2 mins uppercut.
- Then shadowboxing for 10 mins
- Then bag / pads / sparring for 10 mins.
- Then burpees, situps, pushups for 10 mins.
- Then some stretching to cool off.

Other times it switches to things like:

circuits of:

40 secs on, 20 secs off
skipping, lunges with medicine ball, bicep curls, jumping on / off bench, jumping over bench, pushing tyre on floor, smashing tyre in to floor, sprints, steps, 3x diff trx exercises, 1x squat against wall

But in general the main stays are SKIPPING, shadow boxing, bag work, pad work, sparring and calisthenic exercises.
 
Last edited:
Why not sign up for some group fitness classes i.e. boxing, kickboxing, muaythai type classes to get the ball rolling? I would do that if there was somewhere close I could go after work.

Which side do you work on. I may be able to recommend something.
 
Much appreciated Jsheed,

Strontium I am not really looking to go into it full time (yet) - I have done small amounts of Karate, Kick Boxing etc. Looking more at getting coaching on tennis ^_^.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X