Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

one of my collegues have his farewell today. going to the baron. will have a lekker steak... but no beer :( this is going to suck balls.
 
I wasn't in from the start, but I weighed about 55kg 3 years ago being 1.78m tall. Now I am just underneath 70kg, which I feel is close to what my optimal weight should be.
 
Had a weekend getaway which didn't go especially well. I think i ate about 3 bags of chips and a few slices of bread. I felt very bloated & nauseous. Back on that horse with black coffee and an avo salad today for lunch.
 
Had a weekend getaway which didn't go especially well. I think i ate about 3 bags of chips and a few slices of bread. I felt very bloated & nauseous. Back on that horse with black coffee and an avo salad today for lunch.

Well your body punished you, so I guess we have nothing to add :D
 
Something strange happened on Saturday.

I ate breakfast like I normally do, at around 7AM, consisting of Bokomo Bran Flakes with low fat milk and no sugar. I then went for my usual Saturday morning parkrun, around 5KM. Finished in around 32 minutes. After that, I had a shower, had some coffee, then went to the shops. I was pretty hungry when I left, but halfway through, I started feeling really faint. It's pretty unusual for me to feel anything like that, but this was something else. It got so bad that as I was leaving the shops, I decided to buy a bar of chocolate for a quick boost of energy. And to help me drive home without passing out! Never happened to me before. I've done lots of parkruns and eaten the same thing before, many times, without issue. The next day, I did around 30 minutes of cardio followed by around an hour of weights, and after that I was fine. Hungry, but nowhere near passing out.
 
Something strange happened on Saturday.

I ate breakfast like I normally do, at around 7AM, consisting of Bokomo Bran Flakes with low fat milk and no sugar. I then went for my usual Saturday morning parkrun, around 5KM. Finished in around 32 minutes. After that, I had a shower, had some coffee, then went to the shops. I was pretty hungry when I left, but halfway through, I started feeling really faint. It's pretty unusual for me to feel anything like that, but this was something else. It got so bad that as I was leaving the shops, I decided to buy a bar of chocolate for a quick boost of energy. And to help me drive home without passing out! Never happened to me before. I've done lots of parkruns and eaten the same thing before, many times, without issue. The next day, I did around 30 minutes of cardio followed by around an hour of weights, and after that I was fine. Hungry, but nowhere near passing out.


Diabetes.
 
The last couple of glucose tests I have had have all been fine.
 
Something strange happened on Saturday.

I ate breakfast like I normally do, at around 7AM, consisting of Bokomo Bran Flakes with low fat milk and no sugar. I then went for my usual Saturday morning parkrun, around 5KM. Finished in around 32 minutes. After that, I had a shower, had some coffee, then went to the shops. I was pretty hungry when I left, but halfway through, I started feeling really faint. It's pretty unusual for me to feel anything like that, but this was something else. It got so bad that as I was leaving the shops, I decided to buy a bar of chocolate for a quick boost of energy. And to help me drive home without passing out! Never happened to me before. I've done lots of parkruns and eaten the same thing before, many times, without issue. The next day, I did around 30 minutes of cardio followed by around an hour of weights, and after that I was fine. Hungry, but nowhere near passing out.

Dehydrated maybe?
 
Dehydrated maybe?

Don't know. I drink a glass of water (if not more) in the mornings, and would also have had a glass of water plus a cup of coffee after getting back. Plus, the chocolate bar sorted me out in minutes.

I'm actually going to have my Vitality health check done soon, which will include that glucose check. Need to keep my Healthyfood cash back at a healthy 25%!
 
On Saturday, I had my measurements done and I was down to 79.4kg. I promptly went bananas from happiness and treated myself to a chicken burger in Long street. It was my first Burger King burger and totally disappointing. Crappy service, crappy food. I was angry at myself for adding the extra weight when it wasn't even worth it.

I allowed my brother to convince me to go for KFC to make it worthwhile. After all it's better to sin all the way rather than half way right? Anyway so I had two pieces and 4 finger wings with medium chips. Next morning I had two zinger wings for breakfast, 2 slices of toast with tuna mayo for lunch. For supper I had two slices of toast + two fried eggs + turkey rashers and a small plate of chicken and veg in a bag my brother made for supper. That's a little over 3000kcal for one weekend. I really think I needed this though as I was close to breaking point.

Started this morning with 48mins Zumba, a protein shake and I'm only having 300g apples for lunch and same for supper. Same thing tomorrow. Hopefully I can shake off the extra kilos I'm sure I gained.

But I'm still proud of myself. Between December 16th 2014 and 31 Jan 2015 I've lost 11kg.
 
Last edited:
That is quite a lot of weight loss in a short amount of time. Are you still injecting that stuff into your stomach?
 
That is quite a lot of weight loss in a short amount of time. Are you still injecting that stuff into your stomach?

:wtf:

I lost weight by doing a lot of amphetamines. Got my metabolism up and killed my appetite for a few months. Not recommended for general public though...
 
On Saturday, I had my measurements done and I was down to 79.4kg. I promptly went bananas from happiness and treated myself to a chicken burger in Long street. It was my first Burger King burger and totally disappointing. Crappy service, crappy food. I was angry at myself for adding the extra weight when it wasn't even worth it.

I allowed my brother to convince me to go for KFC to make it worthwhile. After all it's better to sin all the way rather than half way right? Anyway so I had two pieces and 4 finger wings with medium chips. Next morning I had two zinger wings for breakfast, 2 slices of toast with tuna mayo for lunch. For supper I had two slices of toast + two fried eggs + turkey rashers and a small plate of chicken and veg in a bag my brother made for supper. That's a little over 3000kcal for one weekend. I really think I needed this though as I was close to breaking point.

Started this morning with 48mins Zumba, a protein shake and I'm only having 300g apples for lunch and same for supper. Same thing tomorrow. Hopefully I can shake off the extra kilos I'm sure I gained.

But I'm still proud of myself. Between December 16th 2014 and 31 Jan 2015 I've lost 11kg.

Ive not heard of this apples and protein shake diet. Tell us more....
 
Started this morning with 48mins Zumba, a protein shake and I'm only having 300g apples for lunch and same for supper. Same thing tomorrow. Hopefully I can shake off the extra kilos I'm sure I gained.

But I'm still proud of myself. Between December 16th 2014 and 31 Jan 2015 I've lost 11kg.

Before and after pics?
 
That is quite a lot of weight loss in a short amount of time. Are you still injecting that stuff into your stomach?

I'm off them for the next two weeks, otherwise my body gets too used to the leptin then it doesn't work anymore.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X