Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

Ive not heard of this apples and protein shake diet. Tell us more....

It's the slender wonder weight loss program.

Normally when you start, you eat whatever you want in the first 2 days. Then you detox for 3 days with just a protein shake with 300g apples for breakfast. 300g apples for lunch and same for supper. Because I over indulged during the weekend, I've decided to do this again. I can't handle having to explain to my dietitian why I didn't lose any weight in the next two weeks.
 
I don't want to come across as patronizing, but please consider finding a more sustainable diet. You can't inject yourself in the stomach and live on apples and protein shakes for the rest of your life. You need to increase your activity levels and change your diet so that even when after you stop this wonder weight loss program, your weight stays off.
 
I don't want to come across as patronizing, but please consider finding a more sustainable diet. You can't inject yourself in the stomach and live on apples and protein shakes for the rest of your life. You need to increase your activity levels and change your diet so that even when after you stop this wonder weight loss program, your weight stays off.
What is he injecting in his stomach?

Is such a diet harmful in the short term? Say 2 to 4 weeks?
 
I don't want to come across as patronizing, but please consider finding a more sustainable diet. You can't inject yourself in the stomach and live on apples and protein shakes for the rest of your life. You need to increase your activity levels and change your diet so that even when after you stop this wonder weight loss program, your weight stays off.

I appreciate your comment, but I've come to terms with my choice. It's what's working for me. I'm also a lot more active now than I used to be. I'm doing Zumba 3 times a week and walking my dog for at-least an hour every Saturday morning (although it's gonna be difficult now that she's injured her paw).
 
I appreciate your comment, but I've come to terms with my choice. It's what's working for me. I'm also a lot more active now than I used to be. I'm doing Zumba 3 times a week and walking my dog for at-least an hour every Saturday morning (although it's gonna be difficult now that she's injured her paw).
It's cool, carrying her will burn more calories :p
 
What is he injecting in his stomach?

Is such a diet harmful in the short term? Say 2 to 4 weeks?

Deadmanza is correct. I'm (a she) injecting what they call hcg which regulates fat storage in the body. The higher your leptin levels, the less weight you carry; especially around the tummy. I'm doing this under the supervision of a doctor with Skin Renewal, so I don't think it's harmful to me.
 
No people. The slender wonder program is based off of the HCG Diet, invented by Dr Simeons back in the 1950s.

The injections are human chorionic gonadotropin.

Interesting.

As of December 6, 2011, the United States FDA has prohibited the sale of "homeopathic" and over-the-counter hCG diet products and declared them fraudulent and illegal.[4][5][6]

Review studies refuting the HCG diet have been published in the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,[38] both concluding that HCG is neither safe nor effective as a weight-loss aid.[39]
 
Interesting.

The diet is usually a 500 calorie (starvation) diet in combination with HCG. The proper version uses HCG injections, but a number of people have invented homeopathic and sublingual versions! Either way eating so little will cause you to lose weight, but only HCG injections will cause the reported effects of preventing muscle loss, and the "resetting" of the metabolism.
 
It's cool, carrying her will burn more calories :p

:D I do that sometimes. She starts out all excited and walking in front, but by the time we get to the hilly part she wants to be carried the rest of the way. She's now 7.8kg so I can't carry her all the way, plus I think the vet is gonna have her paw padded and she's probably gonna need to stay off it. I'll just walk with my zumba weights instead.
 
On Saturday, I had my measurements done and I was down to 79.4kg. I promptly went bananas from happiness and treated myself to a chicken burger in Long street. It was my first Burger King burger and totally disappointing. Crappy service, crappy food. I was angry at myself for adding the extra weight when it wasn't even worth it.

I allowed my brother to convince me to go for KFC to make it worthwhile. After all it's better to sin all the way rather than half way right? <snip>
Congrats on the weight loss but does your brother generally try to sabotage your weight loss efforts? It should be a cheat meal... not cheat weekend! :D
 
I'm using the proper hcg and not the homeopathic version or drops. Plus I can attest to it definitely working. I'm wearing my dresses that were relegated to the back of the wardrobe again. My old work pants are almost fitting me again :D
 
Lol no he doesn't. He's actually very strict with me and keeps reminding me when I wan't to cheat with his meals how much I spent on the diet. But I think he just got tired of me salivating over his food. And I think he meant it as a cheat meal, cause the rest of the weekend he was on my case every time I started eating something else and he keeps telling me to go for a walk every evening.

He used to be a fat kid and I'm ashamed to say my family and I used to try and shame him to stop eating so much. Just before he started varsity, he visited a dietitian and he's been skinny ever since. I have three brothers and funny enough, with the exception of the one after me (he plays rugby for border, so he needs to keep in shape), we all gained weight.
 
Fat shaming, a game the that everyone can play! :D

I jest, I jest... Anyway, was it Ancalagon making a good point about having a sustainable diet? Will you change to a more sustainable way of eating once you reach your goal weight? What is your target?
 
The maintenance plan says every Monday and Thursday I have to eat only 100g protein and 120 veggies/salad to counter any over indulgence. I'm also supposed to plan my cheat meals, so I can bank calories - can't remember the exact wording in the book.

So I plan to do the above and try and maintain a healthy exercise routine. I used to be a gym addict and if I lived in a town with a proper gym I would have liked to go back to that, but I'll do the best I can.
 
Lol no he doesn't. He's actually very strict with me and keeps reminding me when I wan't to cheat with his meals how much I spent on the diet. But I think he just got tired of me salivating over his food. And I think he meant it as a cheat meal, cause the rest of the weekend he was on my case every time I started eating something else and he keeps telling me to go for a walk every evening.

He used to be a fat kid and I'm ashamed to say my family and I used to try and shame him to stop eating so much. Just before he started varsity, he visited a dietitian and he's been skinny ever since. I have three brothers and funny enough, with the exception of the one after me (he plays rugby for border, so he needs to keep in shape), we all gained weight.

That is what I mean by a sustainable diet.

The maintenance plan says every Monday and Thursday I have to eat only 100g protein and 120 veggies/salad to counter any over indulgence. I'm also supposed to plan my cheat meals, so I can bank calories - can't remember the exact wording in the book.

So I plan to do the above and try and maintain a healthy exercise routine. I used to be a gym addict and if I lived in a town with a proper gym I would have liked to go back to that, but I'll do the best I can.

Ask yourself if you can do that for the rest of your life.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X