Weight Loss/ Gain thread Dec 2014 - 2015

I like this:
I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck’s back. If it’s not positive, I didn’t hear it. If you can overcome that, fights are easy. – George Foreman
 
I'm not a person who cusses, but seriously. GO &^&$* yourself. If you were here, I would be throwing my keyboard at your head :mad:

Short temper, result of low blood sugar, result of diet of 3 apples a day :p
 
I'm really trying not to lose it with you condescending know-it-alls

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg
 
Sorry guys, I am a bit slow with the updates. Hectic time at work - will hop onto all my e-mails soon
 
Back to gym tomorrow... Man I must be so weak now.
 
I'm really trying not to lose it with you condescending know-it-alls. Do you think eating less than other humans everyday and exercising is effortless?

5:30am: 40/48mins Zumba session
8:00am: Have protein shake + 100g fruit if I still feel hungry
12:00pm: 100g protein/fat free cheese + 120g veggies/salad + 2 cracker/provitas if I'm still hungry
6:00pm: 100g protein + 120g veggies/salad + 100g fruit if I still feel hungry

I make sure to drink at-least 3l water everyday.
Saturday and sometimes Sunday mornings: Walk the dog for 30mins to 1 hour

Now please explain to me which part of that is effortless?!!!!!! :mad: Just because you wouldn't use the method I'm using doesn't make me an idiot. IT WORKS FOR ME. YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT. YOU'RE NOT A *%$# DOCTOR. Go *&*%^ yourself!


.


Before you get angry, Google something called Ego Investment. Read up about it. Ego investment refers to personal investment in an idea - such as a weight loss routine. You are attached to your weight loss routine. You are taking criticism of your weight loss routine as criticism of you as a person - it is not. Your weight loss routine is not a part of you and you can discard it any time. It is not your personality. You are not your weight loss routine.

The people giving advice here are not trying to bring you down. We aren't trying to make you mad. All of us are trying to lose weight, and all of us have some insight.

I have remained below 100kg for 5 years effortlessly. Previously, I used to weigh somewhere close to 120kg. I am not saying that your routine does not work - clearly it does. My point is, can it work for 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? Can you do what you are doing for the rest of your life? Is it a struggle to do everyday?

If it is a struggle, then it cannot be a lifestyle change. Without a lifestyle change, your weight loss will not be permanent. Simple as that.
 
Also joining the boat on trying to lose weight. Want to "better" myself by July and weigh at least 86kgs.
 
Good post Ancalagon!

Guys, google Dr Layne Norton, or find some of his youtube vids under the name BioLayne. He will tell you that the best way to lose weight is SLOWLY. Studies have shown this is the best way to keep the weight off as well.

@SaoirseB , I suppose in your case when you begin to tire of your current diet, look towards a more easily sustainable eating plan.

Layne Norton also talks about 'metabolic damage', where you damage your metabolism by starvation and such type diets. That is not something anyone wants to get saddled with!
 
Thanks StrontiumDog

What do you weigh at the moment xcaliber?
 
i'm gnawing at my knuckles right now.

in the past 9 days, the only carbs i've had are 2 slimmers' choice wraps and 1 slice of ciabatta bread.

apart from dropping carbs i'm eating everything else so not necessarily LCHF but definitely very low carb.
 
i'm gnawing at my knuckles right now.

in the past 9 days, the only carbs i've had are 2 slimmers' choice wraps and 1 slice of ciabatta bread.

apart from dropping carbs i'm eating everything else so not necessarily LCHF but definitely very low carb.

Beware of hidden carbs. They will trigger cravings... If you're low carbing properly you should get past cravings pretty quickly.

And in fact, the slice of bread will do it too. Also, anything that says "slimmer's choice" is generally low-fat, which means it has sugar added to make it palatable.
 
i'm gnawing at my knuckles right now.

in the past 9 days, the only carbs i've had are 2 slimmers' choice wraps and 1 slice of ciabatta bread.

apart from dropping carbs i'm eating everything else so not necessarily LCHF but definitely very low carb.

You said you are low carb, and that's your problem. If you reduce carbs what are you replacing them with? No wonder you are hungry! That's why we have LCHF.
 
Sheesh guys! The thread is for support, not criticism.

I've been reading through this thread and I must conclude you were surely jesting with this comment?

People that do LCHF....supported with love and hugs
People that do um any other kind of diet....criticized, sneered at, treated like morons

I have had success losing weight but I'm scared to even mention it because I didn't LCHF
*prostrates self, begs forgiveness, backs out of thread on knees*
 
Thanks StrontiumDog

What do you weigh at the moment xcaliber?

Started Jan/ End December @ 106 eish.

Thats what drove me over the edge. First time in my life was I that bad.

Down to 99 at the moment. (Goal 1 - Get below 100)

Body fat is @ 22.2%
 
Beware of hidden carbs. They will trigger cravings... If you're low carbing properly you should get past cravings pretty quickly.

And in fact, the slice of bread will do it too. Also, anything that says "slimmer's choice" is generally low-fat, which means it has sugar added to make it palatable.

ahh, that makes sense. so best not to eat any carbs rather than low carbs. tks
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X